General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: name?
yes
96.30%
no
1.23%
wait till tomorrow
2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

named and shamed PUMABUILD

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 05:57 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default named and shamed PUMABUILD

i made a phone call last tesuday morning
was told that i would be called back asap as the guy who i needed to talk to was busy
no call back so i called again that afternoon
still busy
still waiting for a call wednesday
and thrusday
and friday
so i called on saturday to be told that the person i needed to talk to wasn't the person i was actually talking to but someone esle who wasn't there but to call back on monday when they would be
there was some conversation but the guy on the other end was putting the onuson th eother guy being the one to talk to
so i called back on monday and the guy still wasn't there
more conversation but still need to speak to the other guy
spoke to the other guy today
was told i would get a call back within the hour to sort the problem as there was obviously a problem
still no phone call

and now i'm seriously getting tired of hanging around like a prick at lezzfest 2008

if i don't get an answer tomorrowmorning then i won't be on the phone till friday morning as the phone will be off as the mrs is in hospital, but seeing as i have yet to recive a call from that establishment tomorw will be the last chance for them realistically

on the flip side, if things go as they have been explained to me by the guy who i was supposed to speak to then i will put up a big up post instead but it doesn't look like it's going to be a posibility as the other guy has already explained saying that it isn't possible to do what i want to have done to what i want it done to

so the question is this, have i given them enough time to sort things out or should i just stop fucking about and tell them what i think needs to be done?
even if the right person isn't there to give a lerbal lashing to?
Old 29-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

name it
Old 29-01-2008, 06:04 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

name and shame
Old 29-01-2008, 06:05 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

you already named them on another forum... stop dragging it out

ASW ALERT!!!!!!
Old 29-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

oh dear dojj just say it lol
Old 29-01-2008, 06:07 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

name and shame, only way to get things done
Old 29-01-2008, 06:09 PM
dojj

they#ve got until 11am tomorrow, then my phone goes off as i'm off to the hospital with the mrs and it won't go on again until she comes out, possibly tursday afternoon so they've got a few hours grace

Trending Topics

Old 29-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
they#ve got until 11am tomorrow, then my phone goes off as i'm off to the hospital with the mrs and it won't go on again until she comes out, possibly tursday afternoon so they've got a few hours grace
Are we talking brakes? I'm sure on your post you mentioned that Ł1460 was what you paid, what make are they?
Old 29-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For fuck sake, just fucking tell us
Old 29-01-2008, 06:17 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Name and Shame.

Seems they have already messed you about to warrant it to me.
Old 29-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

hate these threads, just wait till tommorow before posting ALTOGETHER if your not going to say now
Old 29-01-2008, 06:25 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
Are we talking brakes? I'm sure on your post you mentioned that Ł1460 was what you paid, what make are they?
the discs have got "WP" engraved in them but i'm not sure what make they are
Old 29-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Name and shame!
Old 29-01-2008, 06:28 PM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Originally Posted by martin-reyland
i think its about getting 350mm discs, ratherthan what the 380mm he paid for...

Originally Posted by Dojj
called teusday morning to explain the situation and after a few "um's" and "ahh's" they said they'd get back to me in a matter of minutes
they didn't
so i called tesuday afternoon but the boss was still busy
no call yesterday
if there is no call today then i may have to take a trip

the problem i'm faced with is that i can only go on a saturday if i've got to go to head office to collect/swap a van over so i can get my feul paid to and from, otherwise it's a Ł50 hit there
and if i take the saturday off then i'm going to lose the thick end of about Ł150 for the days work plus the fact i won't be on call because i won't be within 20 minutes of the depot should things go tits up
so it's at least a Ł200 hit in the pocket for me to make the trip
the other problem is that the brakes have only had about 170 motoway miles put on them middle of the night in the pissing rain so there isn't really much of a bedding or wear issue with them so far
if i wanted to bolt on a set of 330's i would have bolted on a set i had laying around
if i wanted to bolt on a set of 355's i could have had nuts rs whittle me a set of bells for a few hundred quid as i've already got the brakes set for the estate when it returns
so what i want is for them to call back saying "sorry, someones fucked up, bring it in and we'll refund Ł200 and pay for a taxi to and from the bullring for you for the day while we sort the problem out"

alternativly they could say "bring back your brakes and we'll refit them and refund the whole cost" which would probably see me putting it towards a set from AP or the like from the martoon of hadland fame

then again, theymight say something else so i shall await their reply before either showering them with praise for a job well done (and don't get me wrong, the brakes look fantastic) or grumping about what's gone on

if you are reading this someone from [insert name here] , call me please
Old 29-01-2008, 06:28 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

My head hurts (after trying to read through that)
Old 29-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Katie

By the end I didn't know whether it was dojj or ginge posting...the endless barrage of words just blurs into one big mush after a while..

Jesus though...all that writing and you didn't get to naming and shaming
Old 29-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Im actually confused myself after Dojj's post, and thats despite him telling me the full story the other day, so I understood it when I started reading, but dont anymore
Old 29-01-2008, 06:49 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pumabuild
Old 29-01-2008, 06:50 PM
rssteve
Advanced PassionFord User

hes got some brakes from company in brum, who could that be?

hes been given the wrong ones i think, but he fitted them, now he is having trouble getting them to swap them back. maby because he dosn;t want to pay postage or his time to go there. am i nearly right
Old 29-01-2008, 06:57 PM
dojj

i was after a set of stoppers for the mondeo, seeing as they didn't feel that great and i was used to having stoppers capable of stopping rather than just being "adequate" so i asked around as to what was on offer

half the people i spoke to said "martin" and the other half said these other lot so i called marti and asked for some options and the options were probably a litte out of my price range for what i wanted, ie the biggest stoppers i could fit under a set of 18's, so that's about a 360 kit although i've seen a set of 378's slotted beihnd a set of 18's in the past
so then i stumbled across this site and there were a set of 360's with 6 pots for Ł1300
too good to be true? no, the price was the price
the only problem was that these were for the ST focus and, as was explained, that uses a volvo strut so it would need some modding to fit the mondeo
not a problem
the mods would need to take place to a fiesta bracket bceause the bolt pattern on the iesta was the same as the mondeo (i sent loads of pics up and we discussed this in a fair amount of detail)
so up i went to get a look and was shown a set of 360's which had my name put on it and when the calipers turned up they would get ammended to fit to the car when i came up
deposit left and off i went
the other week i called up to ask if they were ready to fit as i was able to come up on a saturday and everything was fine and dandy
so up i came, dropped teh car off, went to birhmingham's bull ring and got lost (bloody cab fare was Ł9!!!!!!!!!) and then went back again
everything fitted, everything working, job jobbed
i put pictures up
and then i was told they looked like 330's and not 360's
so i measured them up and, what do you know, they were 330's
the phone calls have basicly said that the focus kit won't fit so they fitted a fiestat kit which only goes up to 330's which is what they were claiming i wanted fitted
don't think so
then the blame was put onto the guy who put the job together
and now i think there is something else they are blaming
so the options i've given them are either send me the right discs and brackets and i'll send th eother discs and brackets back (they need to tell me when and everything can be collected on the same day) or my money gets paid back and they get the whole lot back
they have admited that there has been a problem but after a week of me calling them they still havent called back, if there was comunication from them to tell me what was going on then there wouldn't be a problem and this post wouldn't be getting posted

and form what everyone says about them, they shoudln't be like this at all so it may tarnish this brilliant rep they have

as i've said before, if things get sorted them i'll be the firs tone to say they've sorted it out, but in the mean time i've got brakes on my car that still need bedding in, i don't really want to drive the car if they are going to swap them over (i've made this point clear from the first phone call) but i have a coming up to 2 year old and a pregnant wife who's going into hospital tomorrow so the car needs to be used regardless as the van's only got 2 seats so i've got to use the car

family comes first and nothing comes in the way so they have basicly run out of time

also, i've now been told that the price has gone up and it was always higher than i was originally quoted so i looked at the site yesterday and it was the same

and here is a direct link to the price list

they've got until 11 tomorrow to sort it
Old 29-01-2008, 07:16 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

if hes told you what you want isnt possible then take your business elsewhere as it doesnt sound like they want your cash.
youve given them to many chances already. i do a 3rd strike and your out policy. 1 mistakes unfortunate, 2 is becoming shoddy 3rd takes my money to someone that wants it.and i dont go back to anyone thats fucked me about for any future business either. theres plenty others out there willing and providing decent services.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:32 PM
dojj

thing is, they seem to have decided amongst themselves that it's not possibly, but failed to tell me and still taken my money

if they can sort it then fair enough, but it sounds like they are just passing the buck now

still, it'll give me a few more months to get soem money together and i'll probably get martin to sort them out like i should have done in the first place

but he's from brum as well and i can't last another day at the bullring as the accents were driving me mad after about 2 hours, i had to go and stand outside
Old 29-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WP is Winner Power, from Tiawan or somewhere IIRC
Old 29-01-2008, 09:42 PM
dojj

does that mean they are not as good as the others out there?
or is it just the same quality for less price?

i'll possibly post the outcome of this whole thing tomorrow, but if it's anything less than a disaster i'll be more surprised than most others
Old 29-01-2008, 09:45 PM
The Rapid 1

also, i've now been told that the price has gone up and it was always higher than i was originally quoted so i looked at the site yesterday and it was the same

Whats the point in saying you WONT name them till whenever then putting a link up to their site
Old 29-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

FPMSL
Old 29-01-2008, 10:18 PM
marco polo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Dojj

why dont you use the sierra to take your mrs to the hospital , surely that would be better than a van ???

good luck sorting your brakes out

marco
Old 29-01-2008, 10:23 PM
MK5RST

A direct link to the pumabuild website
Old 29-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Put em in a sleeper Dojj just like your post did to me
Old 29-01-2008, 11:03 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by Big G
Put em in a sleeper Dojj just like your post did to me

Old 30-01-2008, 12:04 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of the funniest fekkers off here!!!
Old 30-01-2008, 12:05 AM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by indycos
For trusting pumabuild, or his long winded posts?
Old 30-01-2008, 12:09 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

i was after a set of stoppers for the mondeo, seeing as they didn't feel that great and i was used to having stoppers capable of stopping rather than just being "adequate" so i asked around as to what was on offer

half the people i spoke to said "martin" and the other half said these other lot so i called marti and asked for some options and the options were probably a litte out of my price range for what i wanted, ie the biggest stoppers i could fit under a set of 18's, so that's about a 360 kit although i've seen a set of 378's slotted beihnd a set of 18's in the past
so then i stumbled across this site and there were a set of 360's with 6 pots for Ł1300
too good to be true? no, the price was the price
the only problem was that these were for the ST focus and, as was explained, that uses a volvo strut so it would need some modding to fit the mondeo
not a problem
the mods would need to take place to a fiesta bracket bceause the bolt pattern on the iesta was the same as the mondeo (i sent loads of pics up and we discussed this in a fair amount of detail)
so up i went to get a look and was shown a set of 360's which had my name put on it and when the calipers turned up they would get ammended to fit to the car when i came up
deposit left and off i went
the other week i called up to ask if they were ready to fit as i was able to come up on a saturday and everything was fine and dandy
so up i came, dropped teh car off, went to birhmingham's bull ring and got lost (bloody cab fare was Ł9!!!!!!!!!) and then went back again
everything fitted, everything working, job jobbed
i put pictures up
and then i was told they looked like 330's and not 360's
so i measured them up and, what do you know, they were 330's
the phone calls have basicly said that the focus kit won't fit so they fitted a fiestat kit which only goes up to 330's which is what they were claiming i wanted fitted
don't think so
then the blame was put onto the guy who put the job together
and now i think there is something else they are blaming
so the options i've given them are either send me the right discs and brackets and i'll send th eother discs and brackets back (they need to tell me when and everything can be collected on the same day) or my money gets paid back and they get the whole lot back
they have admited that there has been a problem but after a week of me calling them they still havent called back, if there was comunication from them to tell me what was going on then there wouldn't be a problem and this post wouldn't be getting posted

and form what everyone says about them, they shoudln't be like this at all so it may tarnish this brilliant rep they have

as i've said before, if things get sorted them i'll be the firs tone to say they've sorted it out, but in the mean time i've got brakes on my car that still need bedding in, i don't really want to drive the car if they are going to swap them over (i've made this point clear from the first phone call) but i have a coming up to 2 year old and a pregnant wife who's going into hospital tomorrow so the car needs to be used regardless as the van's only got 2 seats so i've got to use the car

family comes first and nothing comes in the way so they have basicly run out of time

surely you could condense this enormous post into pertinent details that does not hurt peoples heads when they try to read it and lose the will to live after the 3rd line
Old 30-01-2008, 01:03 AM
indycos
helooooo!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by James-W
Originally Posted by indycos
For trusting pumabuild, or his long winded posts?
i dont know anything about pumabuild but dojj can go on and on and on!!! especially in the wrestling threads
Old 30-01-2008, 07:19 PM
dojj

they took money for a 360 kit, they fitted a 330 kit, now they are passing the buck and no one wants to own up to fitting the worng brakes
no phone call to day either so the next time the phone is on it's going to be either send me the right brakes or send me a refund, no more fucking about
Old 30-01-2008, 07:28 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

how can they not own up to who fitted the wrong brakes? i assume you left it at the garage then collected on completion? it doesnt matter which actual grease monkey fitted them the buck stops with the boss.
Old 30-01-2008, 07:34 PM
dojj

yup, left it with them, went to the bullring, got lost, came back, fitted, didn't say a word, went home, put the pics up, was told they were 330's, looked like a cunt, measured them, called up, then just a load of bollcoks really
Old 30-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes you would have paid more from me but you do get what you pay for (maybe not in this case!!) and my AP kit would have been right!!

I do know the owner of Puma build and am shocked about what has happened.
Old 30-01-2008, 08:14 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

not on mate.

have to go around and see them, fook the phone calls.
Old 30-01-2008, 08:38 PM
dojj

i think i was swayed by the "6 pots" bit to be honest

but if there is no resolution then i will be getting my money back and i'll get a hub from ebay and drop it off to you to work your magic with

along with a rim and bottom ball joint and track rod end as previously discussed

back off to the hospital so i willsee what ahppens tomorrow

Quick Reply: named and shamed PUMABUILD