General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Speed Camera detector?

Search this Thread

Old 18-01-2008, 08:40 AM
ross_x
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Camera detector?

After a recent 'incident' in my Focus RS i think it may be time to invest in a speed camera detector!

Any recommendations? Has to pick up the little buggers in the vans that move around!

Ross
Old 18-01-2008, 10:53 AM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

I have a road angel compact, it picks up all the fixed and average speed cameras but I have bought a little mouse thing that sits on top that picks up laser ones too.

Debs
Old 18-01-2008, 01:45 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thing with the vans, they don't (I'm pretty sure) send a signal until they hit someone with it, so nothing for detector to go on until they're on you - or if you're lucky and it catches it bouncing off another car before you.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:13 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Originally Posted by C4llyT
Thing with the vans, they don't (I'm pretty sure) send a signal until they hit someone with it, so nothing for detector to go on until they're on you - or if you're lucky and it catches it bouncing off another car before you.
I think thats how it works, doesn't the detector pick up scatter from the van? I was unlucky enough to be caught by the van as I was the only vehicle on the road apart from them and they were hiding round a corner where a 40 meets 60mph limit

Debs
Old 18-01-2008, 02:18 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

From what I remember, they give off no signal until trigger is pulled - which they do when pointing at subject car.
It's a straight beam, and if not pointing at you, have to be lucky for it to bounce at your car/detector.
Something like that.

Driving a hgv is worrying, some read them as speeding when they're not moving

I used to have a snooper, but it went off all the time at nothing.
You get to recognise prime places for a van/trap though.
I got caught on a 30 road that few do under 40 on, so obviously an innapropriate limit, and good pickings for a trap.

Had a close one recently 200 yards from a gatso camera, was a van camera set up.
Bit devious that
Old 18-01-2008, 02:26 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Originally Posted by C4llyT
From what I remember, they give off no signal until trigger is pulled - which they do when pointing at subject car.
It's a straight beam, and if not pointing at you, have to be lucky for it to bounce at your car/detector.
Something like that.

Driving a hgv is worrying, some read them as speeding when they're not moving

I used to have a snooper, but it went off all the time at nothing.
You get to recognise prime places for a van/trap though.
I got caught on a 30 road that few do under 40 on, so obviously an innapropriate limit, and good pickings for a trap.

Had a close one recently 200 yards from a gatso camera, was a van camera set up.
Bit devious that
They do that round here, Theres a fixed one and quite often theres a van around the corner about half a mile after it

Debs
Old 18-01-2008, 02:28 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Good idea really, I always thought "be ok round here, won't be near a gatso"
Old 18-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

the parked vans, only option is run without a front plate

note: not speeding isn't an option
Old 18-01-2008, 04:54 PM
truthordare
Omnomnomnom

Originally Posted by Fil

This is true, they put them in places such as where the speed limit changes into a higher one, so you are speeding up with the traffic flow, sneaky buggers.

Debs
Old 18-01-2008, 05:46 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fil

So motorcyclists never get caught by these?
Old 18-01-2008, 06:11 PM
DangerousBryan
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

correct or by the average speed ones(specs)

bryan
Old 18-01-2008, 10:19 PM
rs_turbo_ant
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my sat nav picks pu the speed camera's and the vans and give you the speed limit so its all good
Old 18-01-2008, 10:32 PM
stars of cctv
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

what you wRadar Detector Shop® 0161 355 1275
Ask about our Nearly New units. Save over £100.

The best advice and cheapest prices for Radar Detector's on the web. If not, then tell us.
Call NOW for advice and sales.

Home PageShopping BasketRecommended Products
GPS Detectors
Pogo AlertCheetah GPS MirrorRoad Angel PlusNew Road AngelRoad Angel CompactSnooper SapphireSnooper Sapphire PlusMicro Road PilotAlerte GPSTR 30Micro GoRoad Angel ClassicTalex GPS
Sat Nav Devices
Road Angel 9000Road Angel 7000Snooper IndagoSnooper StraboSnooper Syrius PlusPogo DriveAdventurer 7000Road Angel 6000
Laser
Laser Pro ParkTarget LT400
Radar Detectors
Bel RX65Cheetah Sentinel
Other Products
Motorcycle KitsVehicle TrackingCheetah VizalertStoplock Strongbox
Manufacturers:
BeltronicsCheetahCobraRoad AngelSnooper
Information:
GPS DetectorsRadar & Laser DetectorsSatellite NavigationLaserMiscellaneousTypes of SpeedtrapsDetector ComparisionQuestionsThe LawNewsTrade/BulkSitemapContact Us

Sales:
0161 355 1275

For protecting your mobility, try this licence insurance.

Terms of business

Laser Pro Parking Sensor
Disclaimer :
It has come to our attention that some customers have been using this device as a laser jammer because it may interfere with other laser systems such as Police laser guns. The Laser Pro is sold as a parking sensor and should only be used for that purpose. If it detects that it is being 'hit' with a laser gun or other type of laser system it will assess the threat and warn you that this is happening and then shut itself down after a given period. It will re-arm itself after 60 seconds.

Laser Park Pro was developed to meet the needs of a demanding ever changing market and is part of a range of products that are both innovative and updateable, allowing you and your vehicles protection to evolve and meet the ever changing threats in society.

The Laser Park Pro team have many years experience and the Laser Pro is designed & built in Europe using only ROHS compliant components, using the highest quality lasers and receivers. Not all laser products are the same.

The research and development is on-going and we have exciting new lines being tested extensively and hope to bring them to you in the near future.

The Application
The system designed to assist the driver when parking a vehicle and prevent unnecessary damage to the bodywork, as well as warning of approaching hazards the unit can be used to activate other Laser Pro products such as the home security light system available soon. We believe the Laser Pro Park will increase your driving pleasure and keep you and your vehicle safe from unnecessary damage for many years to come.

The brighter the surface the further the distance the Laser Pro Park will detect – up to 3 metres away. Parking in ones own garage for example we recommend you test with different materials in front of the vehicle.

Harness
The harness for the Laser Pro has the switch, buzzer and LED included to give you control and warnings of impending danger or interference from other laser systems.

In order to avoid interference with other laser based systems the Laser Pro Park has been designed to alert the driver of possible interference & if necessary switch the system down.

Junction Box
The Junction box for the Laser Pro has 2 ports should you require a parking sensor on the rear and the front of the car. Should new laser frequencies be allocated by the Home Office then the unit can be upgraded in the field using the USB port in the junction box.

Sensor
Arguably the most important part of the kit the sensor head does all the hard work.

The Laser Pro is the only device on the market to use such high quality lasers and lenses giving huge advantages to both reception and coverage. The unit is supplied with a single laser sensor which can be fitted to either the front or the rear of the vehicle, additional laser sensor heads are available which plug in to the same junction box.

The unit uses the licence free 904nm laser frequency. The same frequency as used by several motor manufacturers eg. Nissan’s adaptive cruise control system which uses laser to determine the distance immediately in front of the vehicle and to deactivate the cruise control if the stopping distance is considered to be too short. Police laser guns use the same 904 nm frequency also.

Wireless fitting kit for the Laser Pro Park

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The installation - seen here showing through but mostly hidden by the grill on a car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is installed very neatly into a Porsche 968, almost invisible to all but the trained eye.

Laser Pro Park
£278.99

Additional Rear sensor
£195.00

Laser Pro Park & Wireless Kit
£378.99

Other products in this catagory: LT400 Laser Remote Control

Radar Detector Shop 10 Pentland Close, Hazel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 5BS
Copyright 2001-2008. All rights reserved.
Home Page | Road Angel 9000 | Road Angel 7000 | New Road Angel | Road Angel Compact | MTrack Vehicle Tracking | Laser Pro Parking Sensor
Snooper Strabo | Snooper Syrius Plus | Snooper Indago | Micro Go | Cheetah Sentinel | Cheetah GPS Mirror | TR 30 | Talex GPS Detector
GPS Speedtrap Detectors | Laser Detectors | Radar Detectors For Motorcycles | Target LE 850 Jammer | Target LRC100 Laser Detector | Bel RX65
Snooper | Road Angel | Morpheous-Geodesy | Trade | Types of Speedtraps | Questions | The Law | News | Contact | Links 1 - 2 - 3 | UK Radar Detectors
Radar Detector Detectors | EvoTest | Garmin Quest | Nearly New Units | Speed Detection Devices | Articles and Information | Troubleshooting GPS Devices | GPS Speed Camera Detectors | Top Gear Magazine | Carnauba Wax | Road Angel Professional | Road Angel Professional Connected

ant is one of these had mine for two years now with no problems