General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Status update for PassionFord. (Stus comment page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 16-01-2008, 07:11 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

it was even easier to do things like this back when PF first started and Stu's password was very easily guessed 'nobody' ever did though
Old 16-01-2008, 07:29 AM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he's a mod why dont he update his name, thats sooooo last year.
Old 16-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Dingy
PassionFord Post Troll

Looks like Simon at secs has been learning how to use a pc....

I like my new name
Old 16-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

It suites you
Old 16-01-2008, 07:57 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

hmmm i was reading this thinking we are in February for some reason, and this was regarding the hacking about a month ago. To completely change the subject, as I didn't realise PF was hacked last night - what actually happened a month ago?
Old 16-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Biggs

All good and well locking Moderators out, but what about the fact that the Moderators passwords have probably been changed.

Just incase you didn't know, this is Graceland posting on Adams account - I have lots of very important PM's in my inbox and saved PM's folder with addresses and other details - now they are lost because of IB's fucking incompetence

So since they are now unbanned by IB admin, how about letting them know their passwords so they can get on????

Further to the point, I know Stu is a very busy man so I am NOT going to ask him to sort out YOUR (IB) shit - you come on here after umpteen months and declare with your first post that you cannot do anything at the moment? Well fuck me, why bother then?

Since the sell off, this place has really gone down the shitter big time. I was once a proud member of this forum and would promote it as much as I could to any prospective members with fast/modified Fords - al seems a bit distant that, I am now ashamed to be a member here with what has been going on.

Cut to the chase IB - give us some information about whats going on and the like? Or am I going to have to phone you up in your office and give you both barrels of a round of fucks down the phone? Sort it out

Passionford? "Passionfucked" and "Passion-lets-fuck-the-members" more like

Graceland posting on Adams account
Old 16-01-2008, 07:59 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

pmsl i just read GD as this was the 1st post i opened, not quite sure how i missed the carnage first time round! still curious as to the other hacking tho i presume i just missed the inquest!!!
right good investment this turned out to be for IB!
Old 16-01-2008, 08:15 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
It suites you
like a 3 piece?
Old 16-01-2008, 08:18 AM
martyn22
Virgin

Originally Posted by Biggs
All good and well locking Moderators out, but what about the fact that the Moderators passwords have probably been changed.

Just incase you didn't know, this is Graceland posting on Adams account - I have lots of very important PM's in my inbox and saved PM's folder with addresses and other details - now they are lost because of IB's fucking incompetence

So since they are now unbanned by IB admin, how about letting them know their passwords so they can get on????

Further to the point, I know Stu is a very busy man so I am NOT going to ask him to sort out YOUR (IB) shit - you come on here after umpteen months and declare with your first post that you cannot do anything at the moment? Well fuck me, why bother then?

Since the sell off, this place has really gone down the shitter big time. I was once a proud member of this forum and would promote it as much as I could to any prospective members with fast/modified Fords - al seems a bit distant that, I am now ashamed to be a member here with what has been going on.

Cut to the chase IB - give us some information about whats going on and the like? Or am I going to have to phone you up in your office and give you both barrels of a round of fucks down the phone? Sort it out

Old 16-01-2008, 08:36 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Chill out love
Old 16-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
Chill out love
Indeed, thats only the same inconvenience that trigger happy mods (like banchester) over the years have continually subjected people to for little or no reason, and the mods normally used to reply saying "well you shouldnt leave important stuff in your PM box, you can click to save it you know" etc
And yet when it happens to them, suddenly its now a big deal
Old 16-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Biggs

Yeah yeah. Thats not the point I am getting at, fortunately I did export most of the stuff after the last big farse on here.

Its the principle of not being told fuck all by anyone thats not only pissing me off, its pissing YOU lot off too
Old 16-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Chip

Yeah yeah. Thats not the point I am getting at, fortunately I did export most of the stuff after the last big farse on here.

Its the principle of not being told fuck all by anyone thats not only pissing me off, its pissing YOU lot off too
To be fair, I would prefer they spend their time looking into patching the software to stop further attempts, than they run around holding the mods hands who have spent 12 hours without access to their accounts (for good reason) most of which time they were asleep anyway.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Hello there new admin, welcome to pf
Old 16-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

- I have lots of very important PM's in my inbox and saved PM's folder with addresses and other details - now they are lost because of IB's fucking incompetence
i find it a little ironic at calling them incompetent because YOU never wrote shit down
Old 16-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

why has Stu still got to sort things out?

shouldnt that be the new admin or pets job?

i wouldnt do it for free or if ive been stiffed for sure. i would look it as not my problem anymore.
Old 16-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Diamonds

shouldnt that be the new admin or pets job?

i wouldnt do it for free or if ive been stiffed for sure. i would look it as not my problem anymore.
Agreed, 100%!
Old 16-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

cars2007 member since, 06 Jun 2007 and 1 post odd, or was that when pf was sold for 15quid?
Old 16-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Cars2007
Moderators

I can't say much beside what I already have, but:

Stu is helping out with cleaning up this mess. I've asked him to review the email addresses on the moderator accounts when he has time (which won't be until this evening, as he has a day job.) The problem is that the hacker changed the passwords on all the moderator accounts, and that means we can't trust the email addresses on them either. If even one of the addresses was changed to something the hacker controls, and we let the moderators back on, they'll be able to continue causing problems here.

This is not a shakeup. We do not intend to demote any of the moderators. We'd like to let you guys back in, and I expect we will once the email issue is sorted.

I have taken a complete copy of the database and copied it to my machine. This means two things. One, I'm free to perform forensic analysis on it without interrupting the board and without any possibility of the hacker tampering with it. Two, if they manage to get in again and delete everything, we've got a backup to restore from.

PF will be moving to a hosting facility in the UK. We'd like to get this done soon, but no firm date has been set. It is also likely we will be converting the board to vBulletin. If that happens, all of your posts will still be here.
Old 16-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Cars2007

Stu is helping out with cleaning up this mess. I've asked him to review the email addresses on the moderator accounts when he has time (which won't be until this evening, as he has a day job.) The problem is that the hacker changed the passwords on all the moderator accounts, and that means we can't trust the email addresses on them either. If even one of the addresses was changed to something the hacker controls, and we let the moderators back on, they'll be able to continue causing problems here.

This is not a shakeup. We do not intend to demote any of the moderators. We'd like to let you guys back in, and I expect we will once the email issue is sorted.

I have taken a complete copy of the database and copied it to my machine. This means two things. One, I'm free to perform forensic analysis on it without interrupting the board and without any possibility of the hacker tampering with it. Two, if they manage to get in again and delete everything, we've got a backup to restore from.

PF will be moving to a hosting facility in the UK. We'd like to get this done soon, but no firm date has been set. It is also likely we will be converting the board to vBulletin. If that happens, all of your posts will still be here.

thanks for the info ryan
Old 16-01-2008, 06:22 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers Ryan.......

All mod e-mail accounts have been checked and updated to check they are secure and passwords have all been changed...
Old 16-01-2008, 06:28 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ooooh first name terms now eh
Old 16-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

lol got introduced yesterday but were not having intersex yet
Old 16-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It is also likely we will be converting the board to vBulletin. If that happens, all of your posts will still be here.
Sod that, vBulletin is a clumsy pain in the arse
Old 16-01-2008, 07:19 PM
cosmo V6
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all very "cloak and dagger" if you ask me

someone has made a big wad from this place and gone into hiding no doubt
Old 16-01-2008, 07:58 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Who's to say "ryan" isn't simon?
Old 16-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ade
It is also likely we will be converting the board to vBulletin. If that happens, all of your posts will still be here.
What? Worse than what we are on now??!!??!!
Old 16-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

The hardcore webteam seem to be back up and running now Stu, thanks for your help last night, you made some good progress there and its nice to see we have a team behind Passionford who have some strong forum and server skills and will use them when it counts.

shouldnt that be the new admin or pets job?.
I dont HAVE to do anything Rob, but i still love this place. I created it from absolutely nothing and grew it to where it is now with the help of people like you, the hardcore membership. (Even though you have had 5 bans and ten usernames )

The fact the work it created for me overloaded me for a while causing me to be forced to give PF a back seat to my life for a while whilst i moved house and got married is no reason for me to just let it fall to pieces because of the actions of 1 or 2 individuals who arent really related to the community itself. The community is my priority and always has been.

Lets be clear here though as it needs saying, Internet Brands as a company or as individuals have not done any wrong so there is no point treating them like they have fellas. They have the forums growth in mind and it is in their interests to ensure the forum continues to flourish as it did when I personally owned it with Julien. Anything other than strong steady growth is just bad news for them, so give them a chance to outline what they plan to do and judge them on what they actually do as opposed to what you "think" they might do.

Sadly there is little more i can say other than its also not IB's fault that they havent come out into the open sooner, but thats another story. All will become clear in the next week or so i expect, but until then, hang in there... the future for PassionFord is starting to look interesting.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

wasnt having a go fella just dont want to see you getting shafted like do all the work and not well not get anything from it... more of not get any gratitude.. like people have said you made pf the way it is today (as in big)

5 bans... thought it was more
Old 16-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

^^^ ^^^
Old 16-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

That was meant for Stu BTW!!!
Old 16-01-2008, 09:39 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I could help you out on that if you insist Rob...
Old 16-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

wasnt having a go fella just dont want to see you getting shafted like do all the work and not well not get anything from it... more of not get any gratitude.. like people have said you made pf the way it is today (as in big)
Thanks Rob, and nor do I mate, but even if it was to happen, it wouldnt be your faults and i need to keep that in mind.

Substantially more, buit i didnt want the new owners to see you in a bad light.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

Christian and Beccy dont lie lol come on big me up here lol

The Diva noooooooooooooooo 5 was enough lol
Old 16-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

STU WAS JOKING IB IVE NEVER BEEN BANNED
Old 16-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I look forward to seeing some changes & hopefully improvements on pf
Old 16-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Hope your right Stu
Old 16-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Ade
Fast Ford snapper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Originally Posted by Ade
What? Worse than what we are on now??!!??!!
The problems are down to the server, not the forum software.
Plenty other sites use phpBB with no hassles....

vBulletin's badly laid out and just plain 'orrible to use in my opinion!
Old 16-01-2008, 11:25 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
The hardcore webteam seem to be back up and running now Stu, thanks for your help last night, you made some good progress there and its nice to see we have a team behind Passionford who have some strong forum and server skills and will use them when it counts.

shouldnt that be the new admin or pets job?.
I dont HAVE to do anything Rob, but i still love this place. I created it from absolutely nothing and grew it to where it is now with the help of people like you, the hardcore membership. (Even though you have had 5 bans and ten usernames )

The fact the work it created for me overloaded me for a while causing me to be forced to give PF a back seat to my life for a while whilst i moved house and got married is no reason for me to just let it fall to pieces because of the actions of 1 or 2 individuals who arent really related to the community itself. The community is my priority and always has been.

Lets be clear here though as it needs saying, Internet Brands as a company or as individuals have not done any wrong so there is no point treating them like they have fellas. They have the forums growth in mind and it is in their interests to ensure the forum continues to flourish as it did when I personally owned it with Julien. Anything other than strong steady growth is just bad news for them, so give them a chance to outline what they plan to do and judge them on what they actually do as opposed to what you "think" they might do.

Sadly there is little more i can say other than its also not IB's fault that they havent come out into the open sooner, but thats another story. All will become clear in the next week or so i expect, but until then, hang in there... the future for PassionFord is starting to look interesting.
Hi Stu,

good post. Thing is, I think that most people on here only have a problem with the fact that nothing's been said until it looked as though the forum had been destroyed, almost as if they came out of the woodwork because their hand had been forced and they were worried everyone would pack up and leave.....

Personally I wasn't here when the hacking took place and am just playing devil's advocate but I can certainly understand people's POV and do think we should have heard something a little sooner, even just a "Hello we are your new admin team, any issues please feel free to contact us.".

Tell you what Stu, you're probably the most straight up decent bloke I've ever known
Old 16-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Chip

Fingers crossed it all turns out for the best, and the latest versions of Vbulletin are NOT shakey or crap IMHO, maybe the people saying so havent admined it on the recent versions?

Quick Reply: Status update for PassionFord. (Stus comment page 2)