General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

insurance write offs?

Search this Thread

Old 13-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance write offs?

My missis shitty xr2i got reversed into last night and is defo a write of (major rear 1/4 damage), am i right in saying that you cant buy them back anymore?

Doubt we will but just wondered as im sure ive seen that mentioned here before.

cheers
benn
Old 13-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Jamz
Advanced PassionFord User

You can still buy them back afaik.
Old 13-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

My missus had her 2i twatted by some prick and the insurance company refused to sell us back the wreck. We were told they weren't allowed to do it anymore. She said it was because we might repair it and put it back on the road. It wasn't trashed and was repairable, just not at a cost the insurance bods were prepared to pay.

Our 2i went to the knacker yard with all of the good stuff on it (well some parts may have fallen off in the garage )
Old 13-10-2004, 08:26 PM
jayRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if your car is TPFT and someone hits you and the car is written off you get to keep it, well depends on the insurance company but as it got explanded to me by mine one, because it is my car and they hit me, im claming from there insurance not mine, therefore the other company has no right over your property, they are mirly paying you for the loss of the car not the car it's self as it isn't worth repairing because of its value.
not sure where to stand with real smashed up wrecks, but would think same apply's.
if you are FC then your insurance pays you out and clames it back, they then take the car and sell it to a salvage company ( if it not to fucked i spose) or some insurance companys will sell it back to you depending on the damage, if its un safe, no chance, if its say all panle damage down on side etc then it still safe so your in with a chance