General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who thinks they drink too much??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
lammylama
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who thinks they drink too much??

As above and do you worry about it??

I drink on average maybe 4-5 cans of beer a night or a bottle of wine but my misses moans all the time. Tis doing my head in now but is she justified in what shes saying . Im sure its the norm in this day and age for ppl to drink this much.

Am i pisshead like she says and do i need to slow down or do i just say fuck it and carry on.

What are your views on this??????
Old 04-01-2008, 05:38 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah, you drink too much.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
lammylama

anyone else
Old 04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
gordyshreds
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say if thats how much every night then yeah maybe to much
Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Seems like a lot to me for just sitting in doing nothing?

If your going out for a beer yeah 5 pints is cool but honestly cant remember the last time i sat indoors drinking..

Mart
Old 04-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Far more than is recomended for your health by doctors, both in terms of physical health relating to the liver and other aspects of your body and also in terms of mental health.

Your mrs is right to moan at you over it IMHO if she cares about your longterm well being.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

fuck em,if ur happy.......... ....try only drinking every other night or only having 2-3 cans and if all else fails go back to my first statement......
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i often have a few beers when watching the tv chilling out
after work

or me and the missus will have a bottle of wine

if your not getting pissed up every night
i wouldnt say you were a pisshead
Old 04-01-2008, 05:45 PM
lammylama

i drink indoors everynight now...think its just a bad habit i got into and cant get out of.

Just got back from a restaurant with the family and had 2 pints and a russian coffee and now feel the desire to open a bottle of wine.

I just cant seem to resist the temtation these days
Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Originally Posted by lammylama
i drink indoors everynight now...think its just a bad habit i got into and cant get out of.

Just got back from a restaurant with the family and had 2 pints and a russian coffee and now feel the desire to open a bottle of wine.

I just cant seem to resist the temtation these days
Could be on dangerous grounds then matey if you feel you need to drink everynight?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 PM
lammylama

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Far more than is recomended for your health by doctors, both in terms of physical health relating to the liver and other aspects of your body and also in terms of mental health.

Your mrs is right to moan at you over it IMHO if she cares about your longterm well being.
If im honest chip you are 100% right in everything you say......i know the physical and mental risks involved in drinking too much but its my way of winding down in the evening and cant seem to find an alternative.

I do suffer with stress and anxiety too which is another reason for drinking but i know that alcohol just exagerates these symptoms .

catch 22 really
Old 04-01-2008, 05:52 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

If im honest chip you are 100% right in everything you say......i know the physical and mental risks involved in drinking too much but its my way of winding down in the evening and cant seem to find an alternative.

I do suffer with stress and anxiety too which is another reason for drinking but i know that alcohol just exagerates these symptoms .

catch 22 really
..............try MASTERBATION.................works for me................
Old 04-01-2008, 05:53 PM
lammylama

Originally Posted by pete mcrash

catch 22 really
..............try MASTERBATION.................works for me................
i wank enough as it is mate......couldnt do any more if i tried
Old 04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

bet ya could...?????..............
Old 04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Escy

What about a spliff instead?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
mk3matt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

ye you drink far to much fella! i dno your build perhaps you can handle it!... but

thing is, my housemate drinks too much too, and when ever we do them online tests to see if he's classed as an alcholic it always say he is, whatever he enteres so he no longer takes it seriously....

now hes on 20 and is basicly fuked up, often ill, serious liver issues and pisses blood. he stopped for a week and said he felt to much better, then stupidly started again... i wud advise you cut down, its really dangerous, and you never know till its too late.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Escy
Better for your physical health, but poses even greater risks for your mental health potentially.
lammylama

Originally Posted by Escy
gave that shit up years ago mate ....cant handle it
Twellsie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i am in a similar situation as you, if there is beer in the house, i will drink it, sometimes if i really get the taste for it after a few beers, i will drink whatever is in the fridge.

But generaly what happens is i buy a load of beer on the friday and run out by mon/tues and then really cant be arsed to go and get any
Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Chip

catch 22 really
Im afraid mate that its just one of those
"Fucking pull yourself together man"
type situations IMHO

Hopefully you arent actually a chemically addicted alcoholic as such yet (although clearly there is some form of at least mild psychological addiction) and so fingers crossed you can just stop with a bit of will power.

If you can manage a couple of weeks of not drinking at home, it will get better very quickly from there IMHO
Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I used to drink a hell of a lot but stopped, although over christmas have drank tons but allowed to let my hair down and be merry lol
Old 04-01-2008, 06:08 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i try to only drink at the weekends but when i do whether i'm in or out its way too much.

i think if you drink every night then thats too much.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
lammylama

Originally Posted by DaBoy12s
i am in a similar situation as you, if there is beer in the house, i will drink it, sometimes if i really get the taste for it after a few beers, i will drink whatever is in the fridge.

But generaly what happens is i buy a load of beer on the friday and run out by mon/tues and then really cant be arsed to go and get any
Same as that mate.......i tend not to buy cases of beer coz i think id drink more.....i get 4 a night as a rule and i WILL drink them all...i cant leave one in the fridge.

Really trying now to resist opening that wine......i know i need to cut down but just really enjoy a beer or 2 at night.

Everyone needs something......i dont smoke and surely smoking is worse than drinking
Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Chip

Everyone needs something......i dont smoke and surely smoking is worse than drinking
Both potentially very bad.

And I dont agree that everyone needs something, lots of people live a very happy life without either beer, fags, drugs IMHO
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I never drink indoors, I've giving up getting smashed or going out most weekends now

drank myself to a mess once, and put on shit loads of weight ( In my eyes anyway, lost it now though!)

I reckon you are drinking to much!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

as of new years im now tea total

off it for 7 weeks, i do it every year cos i tend to drink too much over xmas with all the work doo's and stuff
Old 04-01-2008, 06:32 PM
RAT8OY

Mate of mine is a serious piss head.

When he saw the doctor he obviously told him he must cut down.

The doctor did say though that bar far the worst damage is caused by people who do not drink in the week going out on a friday and getting smashed. It shocks the liver and causes massive damage. Doctor said having a few beers every night is far less concern than getting smashed out of your head a few times a month.

Either way I know I drink to much but have cut down a lot over the last 12months. Try cutting it out on school nights etc. Slow it down before you stop.

But there will always be some clever arsehole telling you you are going to die! So live your life how you want!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah I reckon its a bit much mate if you are doing it every night.

I used to drink Friday, Saturday & Sunday nite without fail - even if it was just sitting in watching telly or sat on the internet. Then occasionally if I'd had a stressful day I'd do the same in the week also. As you say if there was beer in the fridge I'd have to drink it!!

Realised I was getting a belly & had to do something about it, so 4 weeks before Christmas I decided to try and stop drinking and see how I was. It was surprisingly a piece of piss - just dont go & buy any, you cant drink it then!! That and I now go the gym nearly everyday!!!

I did get back on it again over Christmas for the festive period but I'm now back off it again except for the odd occasional nite out!!!

Give it a try mate!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Moonstone Mart

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
I never drink indoors, I've giving up getting smashed or going out most weekends now

drank myself to a mess once, and put on shit loads of weight ( In my eyes anyway, lost it now though!)

I reckon you are drinking to much!
Im the same a rad here. Used to drink quite a bit when i was out and about. Usually end up in a bit of a mess too.
I never drink at home and never have. I personally dont see the point in it, hardly go out to town now for a drink either. Prefer to just do a meal/cinema etc and drive back which saves the hang over the next day and wondering where all my money has gone

4-5 a night is most definately too much IMO.

Mart.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Brasso

I've been on the beer for the last few years. Same as above 4 cans mon - thurs then at least 8 fri, sat, sun. There have been times when its been more than 4 in the week.

I would probally be classed as having a drink problem. I even asked the doctor for advise about stopping and he just said dont you'll be miserable!

I drink to un-wind and rarely get properly drunk due to your immunity to the alcohol building up.

We were on about it the other night, and I recon that over the whole of 2007 I probally only had 2 weeks in total with no beer. Not proud by no means but its hard to stop when your in that routine.

I havnt had a drink since new years eve though and I'm determind to just drink at weekends. Would normally have had at least 4 cans by this time on a friday.

I know plenty of people who are similar and a lot worse!

Once you get past that first day it gets easier mate. (says the man who's only had three days off! LMFAO )
Old 04-01-2008, 06:44 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Smokers anonymous anyone?

I've never smoked too much one night and had to be admitted to hospital.

Never had a fight with someone that's had one too many fags.

Everything in moderation, your body is just taking a constant battering from alcohol, there's no let up from it.
Although not massive amounts, don't think it'll take long before ill effects become apparent.
If you're drinking for the sake of it/because it's there, perhaps low/no alcohol thrown in will help.
Whatever, something has to give before your health does.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

think ur sell lucky....look at the fight i have when i have a drink.....get ur own....
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I was drinking too much too - way too much until very very recently. I have decided to cut down now and am trying very hard not to exceed the recommended weekly allowance (21 units or 6 pints). I have beer in the fridge as I type and TBH I don't feel any urge to go and get one. Needless to say, I'm pleased about that. The next time I anticipate having a beer is Sunday lunchtime (go over the pub most Sundays for a drink with my dad) but I enjoy sitting down talking nonsense with him, and that's my 'treat'.

I used to drink pretty much every night but decided 'enough was enough' and I'm glad I did. Early days, but now I've made the decision to sort myself out I'm really going to do this. I'm by no means an alcoholic - I drank to chill after work and because of boredom. The cycle will be the toughest thing for me to break but I'm determined to do it.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
nickscunny

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I work shifts, when im 6-2 i have 2 or 3 stella's at home. When im 2-10 i have a few stella's when i finish. I dont drink when im nights. When I do drink I drink at home, that way im not neglecting the mrs. I tried to stop but i couldnt stop. Not that im an alchy, I really love the taste of a good stella, and when i gave up i missed it like mad.

Now i say bugger it, im not doing any harm, im not alcoholic dependant, i can stop if i needed to, i just enjoy a few good,cold beers!!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, far too much

I drink the same as you do in a day, once a week
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Chip

Does anyone else who doesnt drink a lot normally happen to have gone to the fridge and poured themselves a cold one now cause of all this talk of beer?

I didnt even realise why I was doing it at the time either till I read this thread again and realised where the idea for a beer came from
Old 04-01-2008, 08:07 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone else who doesnt drink a lot normally happen to have gone to the fridge and poured themselves a cold one now cause of all this talk of beer?

I didnt even realise why I was doing it at the time either till I read this thread again and realised where the idea for a beer came from
I'd planned to have a couple tonight anyway
Old 04-01-2008, 08:09 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you feel you have a problem with it then do something about it m8, if not, don't let it bother you. You have to nip this in the bud sharpish because if your Mrs thinks she can "change" one antic of your behaviour, she'll be on a roll to change other things too. Men are Men, we drink, we burp, we fart, we shout at the telly, and we are decendants from cavemen, cavewomen never addressed the issue of beer drinking so why should modern day wench's do the same ?

and on that bombshell, I'm going to the fridge for a well earned ice cold can of fosters

Quick Reply: who thinks they drink too much??