General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

passion-peugeot

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2007, 09:38 AM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default passion-peugeot

Got a 206 diesel and its knocking like a twat from the rear all the time, gonna jack it up this aft, whats the most likely thing wrong with it? Any common faults I should be looking out for? Sounds suspension to me as it rattles on the slightest bump, its not exhasut fouling on anything, best way to describe it is it sounds like a taxi (not a sapphire, just a regular one )
Old 28-12-2007, 10:58 AM
stu da rude
Username change wanted!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than likely the rear beam mounts bud, either the ones that bolt to the rear of the beam and up through the boot floor or the ones at the front of the beam.

The back ones are easy to change, and can be done in situ, the front ones are a reet coont...
Old 28-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

as aboce, the front of the rear beam can be done in about 2-3hrs,

i did them in just over 3hrs due to a stuck bolt, else would be easy done in 3 or less
Old 28-12-2007, 01:11 PM
dave green
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Could be the beam its self. Radius arm bearings

Dave
Old 26-04-2008, 06:41 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

well, after 4 months ive taken a look!!! Noise is still the same, I can see the subframe mounts but cant really see much play in them, they look old like but when I move the wheel up and down I dont get any movement as such. Want to change them anyway but cant find anywhere online to get them from, anyone any suggestions? Dont want to pay peugeot prices unless its the only option.
Also, I know of a few online workshop manuals for fords but has anyone ever stumbled across a pug 206 one by any chance???
Lastly, whats the deal with the radius arm bearings??
any help greatly appreciated as I really cant be arsed spending alot of money on the runabout.
thanks
Steve