General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Whats your views on this?!

Search this Thread

Old 27-11-2007 | 06:40 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Default Whats your views on this?!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2947734.ece

Dont care if its a repost, Ive not seen it
Old 27-11-2007 | 07:19 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

There country there rules.
Old 27-11-2007 | 07:23 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

I say kill the kids, they named it

With a mug like that 40 lashes might actually make her look better, aim for the face!

True though, laws are laws whatever they are, we the 1st ones to moan if foriegners come over and break the law.
Bit harsh when the kids named it, but it was a daft mistake by her, even I knew most those countries have laws like that.
Old 27-11-2007 | 07:25 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Stavros
laws are laws whatever they are, we the 1st ones to moan if foriegners come over and break the law.
OTT, but as Stavros says................pity we don't enforce our fucking laws the way others do
Old 27-11-2007 | 07:28 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

might put a few neds off commiting crime if we got the lashes on the go here.
Old 27-11-2007 | 07:33 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by dovboy
might put a few neds off commiting crime if we got the lashes on the go here.
I heard you get 50 lashes in Scotland for naming your TeddyBear SuperGran or C.U. Jimmy?

Old 27-11-2007 | 07:37 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by SimonT
There country there rules.
Fraid to say it, she was more the muppet for letting her kid name the bear after the prophet when she probably knew full damn well the Muslim faith bans all icons or representations of Mohamed.
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:17 PM
The Rapid 1
Advanced PassionFord User

Didnt it also say (I only read it in the Mail not the times ) that alot of her class are called Mohamed and that it is a popular choice of name, so in theory every person called it is "insulting" there God, because obviously they cant be as good as a God, also sumit to do with the image of Mohamed cant ever be captured, well if I took a pic of one of em called Mohamed, does that mean I have achieved the impossible

Also Steve what you say about them breaking our rules aint exactly 100% is it, Its the Sikhs (sp ) I think it is that dont have to wear helmets on bikes and are allowed to carry swords , could probs look into it and find plenty of other little things as well, cos we as a country must bend to suit there beliefs, why cant they bend and say well if lots of Brits want to call there teddys Mohamed why cant they ???

Steve
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:20 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

People are allowed to be NAMED Mohamed, but its an insult to their God to call anything like a pet or whatnot that name. Thats a well known thing, and someone whos teaching there shouldve known that.

And about breaking the rules, i said we complain about them, i didnt say the goverment doesnt make allowances for it, as they do.
Same as theirs will be if they dont cut her head off
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:25 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Islam and all other religions are just poison of the mind.
FFS it was a teddy bear

If they had named the local whore Mohamed you could understand them getting a bit upset

Mark
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:31 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

ALL religions, ever, are just easy ways of making people obey laws.

Made up stories to keep people behaving and doing what they told, always has been, always will be.

Mormon is the best one, its fucking hillarious, just made up by someone to allow him to do what the fuck they like and have about 50 wives and shit, its so funny its awesome
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:36 PM
Kiwi_Cossie
Regular Contributor

They are a fun loving bunch our Muslim friends!

Just love the way they don't take anything too seriously. Brilliant!

Guess that'll teach her for trying to help out an impoverished nation..
Old 27-11-2007 | 08:47 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Another fine example of religion at its best/worst.

As above though, i always thought many muslims were called mohamed, so that blows the argument out of the window surely , although im sure there are reasons to suggest otherwise somewhere in the small print.

But as said, if thats there rules/laws. I respect their beliefs and thoughts on this, but it just shows how far behind these countries still are, and thats very worrying.

Say if this does go ahead, i wonder if we will continue to plough loads of money/aid into their country? Its unfortunate either way, as it will only be the people who need it that suffer, that probably couldnt care less about a teddy called mohamed.
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:02 PM
The Rapid 1

ALL religions, ever, are just easy ways of making people obey laws.

Made up stories to keep people behaving and doing what they told, always has been, always will be.

Mormon is the best one, its fucking hillarious, just made up by someone to allow him to do what the fuck they like and have about 50 wives and shit, its so funny its awesome

Sorry Steve dont find anything funny about this religeon shit !
Not when it makes others hurt another because they dont agree with what they saying.

Whether it be one woman over a name or hundreds in a tradegy like 7-11, will say openly as a religeon I think the Muslim belief is one of the worst I know for this, now people will come on defending them saying it only the extremists that want to kill hundreds, now is it any worse that one wants to hurt many, or that many will allow ONE to be hurt

Wonder how many of the people (Muslims) backing the flogging of this woman wouldnt do something more "extreme" if they got the "call" cos they obviously truly believe in what there religeon says is right to allow this barbaric thing to go ahead

Steve
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:22 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Its not a Muslim thing, its ALL religions when taken literally.

You never heard of the Crusades?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

Fucks sake, you know what the punishment for adultery is according to the Old Testament?

DEATH.

But strangely, if you wasnt married and got busted for "seduction of a virgin" you only had to either marry her or pay a fine.

Like said, its all bullshit, Christianity is just as brutal as Islam, just not many people listen to Christianity any more.

Its gay to get all angry over it, its bollocks, only thing worth doing to any religion is taking the piss out of it.

This isnt about religion so dont turn it in to one, its about a countrys law, well a LOT of countires law, a famous one too, so it might be harsh, but its her fault TBH.

I bet she gets let off anyhow, they only making a big deal as they know it winds all you lot up so sells newspapers.
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:43 PM
The Rapid 1

Like said, its all bullshit, Christianity is JUST as brutal as Islam, just not many people listen to Christianity any more.
EXACTLY

Because we have evolved and not still living in the dark ages , the ages of the crusades

I just cant see how people can be brainwashed if you like into believing this shit

We got a Muslim in our engineering dept now, he didnt even know what a crossword was, never had a roast dinner, dont own a tv, and cant think for himself, if you tell him summit he remembers it and dont need telling again, but put him on a breakdown he not seen before he struggles to work it out himself, he been used to all his life being told what to do and how to do it and cant make decissions himself, but he been in this country years if not forever, how can he as a human not want to "explore", that after all is a trait of humanity

Oh and BTW at the moment he probably one of the best engineers we got unfortunatelly (NOT cos his race just cos the others are all useless "
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:54 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Thing is tho, you seem to think everyone (or even the majority) who is a Muslim is some kind of extremist nutcase who are of a lower breed to the rest of us think its fine to kill anyone non-muslim.

TBH thats the only reason I bothered to reply in a semi-serious way.
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:55 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule
See they was at it even back then WE the Christians was only trying to REcapture what they had taken from us
Old 27-11-2007 | 09:56 PM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just whip the bitch! (Joke)
Old 27-11-2007 | 10:00 PM
The Rapid 1

Thing is tho, you seem to think everyone (or even the majority) who is a Muslim is some kind of extremist nutcase who are of a lower breed to the rest of us think its fine to kill anyone non-muslim.

Yep guess you maybe right in a way, its like I said earlier if they are willing to condone and allow the whipping of a woman cos there faith says so then when there faith tells them to kill hundreds how many are going to go against there faith, and thats not if they dont just fancy having all them virgins to themselves

I am with you in that all religeon is crap and cos of the bad it brings I seriously think it should all be outlawed and at least no bending of rules etc to suit one faith should be allowed !
Old 27-11-2007 | 10:06 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

So you think they ALL (ie all Muslims, or even the majority) think its a good idea to give her a good old whipping?

Where does there faith TELL them to kill hundreds? Im no expert on any religion, but IIRC their religion tells them to never kill or something like that, hence why when extremists do things like 9/11 most the others try and make sure it is known that its totally against what their religion says to do.

Seriously, where does your "special" info come from?

Theres certain amounts of religious mental cases of all religions in all less developed countries (fuck, even in the USA there are fucking MILLIONS of religious christian nutters MORE than happy to be violent to anyone who does anything they dont like, even jokey things, so NO different), but what you do is blatantly talk crap and slag everyone purely from what race they are.
Old 27-11-2007 | 10:48 PM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by The Rapid 1

Yep guess you maybe right in a way, its like I said earlier if they are willing to condone and allow the whipping of a woman cos there faith says so then when there faith tells them to kill hundreds how many are going to go against there faith, and thats not if they dont just fancy having all them virgins to themselves

I am with you in that all religeon is crap and cos of the bad it brings I seriously think it should all be outlawed and at least no bending of rules etc to suit one faith should be allowed !
I'll quote myself cos you must have missed my big bold ALL

I think ALL religeon is wrong and dont understand (yep call me thick ) how in this day and age people of a so called civilised planet can believe in "Gods" of ANY religeon.

Fook scientists have proven (more or less) where we come from, and it WERNT no vigin Mary or son of Gods or Adam and Eves in some garden or whatever fooking God you believe created the earth like I guess (yep again I dont know cos I dont need to learn something flawed and wrong and misleading or just downright lies) most preach there own particular Gods did.

And as for hating ALL muslims nope NOT as individuals, but at the moment they are the race in the times I am living causing shit !
Old 27-11-2007 | 10:51 PM
James Dean
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

shit thing to be happening BUT there place there rules. dont agree with it but id be a hypocrite for saying we shouldnt change OUR rules for others.

shit teacher really she should of known that.

rule for u learn before u go somewhere lol
Old 27-11-2007 | 11:08 PM
Katie

She really should have known that sort of thing would ve at the very least frowned upon.

It is very harsh and unfair but if someone comes over here and does something illegal...then we'd feel there needed to be a punishment too. Hopefully they'll adjust the punishment to a short term in prison but she really should have seen that one coming in a place like that.

As above, religion is the opiate of the masses. But laws are laws whether based on rules set down by 'classical' religion or a modern capitalist society.

In summary: someone from the embassy will get her off as per.
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:02 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Matt J
This story is even better, gang rape victim punished

"She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7096814.stm

'Not commenting on posts like these anymore'
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:26 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If it wasnt so serious it would be laughable.
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:29 PM
Homer.
9500RPM torqueless wonder

Right forget the "I am the Stig" t shit for crimbo i want a "I am the profit mohamed" one Thankfully we stopped lobbing peoples heads of in medieval times for blasphemy ect natural evolution and common sense prevailed and we realized there more to life. We can only hope these religious mentalists catch up or the darwin theory catches up and gets rid of them for the good of the gene pool. Now I am not religious seen though it a long time ago, good for children like santa and the easter bunny the idea should be entertained by schools but not taught as fact, Keeps kids in check good rules to bring them up by make sure they dont turn out to be nutters,

As for the other story can you actually survive that amount of lashes? surely you would be dead though blood loss? or severely crippled though massive trauma to the back? Punished for being rapped... I dont even know where to start with that one
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:33 AM
The Rapid 1

I am not going to say anything on this thread as said it on the other one.

BUT

Wondering where all the Muslims are that normally post on other religeous threads are on this one, wondering what there views are as Western Muslims as opposed to "native" Muslims ?
Old 02-12-2007 | 08:15 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

they may show leniancy and lash her with the lasher fella holding a copy of the koarn under his whipping arm so that he won't be bale to give it full whip

on the other hand, it's naming someone mohamed (or however you want to speel it) that's not the problem, it's portraying soemthing or an image or the prohpet mohamed that is against islam

people can call their kids mohamed because they are people and are not portraying themselves as anything other than naming their kids after their most holeyest of holys, but giving th name to something else is what they term as blasphemy

the teacher should have at least asked if it was acceptable to be fair, and is suffering from her failure to think about how other contries will view her breaking of the law, rather than basing it on our very lax interpritation of breakig the law where motoring offences top the table
Old 02-12-2007 | 08:17 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

"She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man."

fair enough, when you look at the case from their point of view the sentancing is correct
Old 02-12-2007 | 10:19 AM
The Rapid 1

Originally Posted by dojj

fair enough, when you look at the case from their point of view the sentancing is correct

How the fook can you say any punishment for a "VICTIM" is correct

FUCKING stupid rules

When are you people going to realise there is no such thing as a Mohamed so impossible to degrade him/her/it, actually what actually is a Mohamed, him her or it ?

Steve