General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Calling All N95ers! Somethig your gonna like!!

Search this Thread

Old 22-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they ain't that bad really .. some good offfers if you look hard enough

8gb will be available on 3 end of december begining of jan
Old 22-11-2007, 12:53 PM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just buy a normal N95 and an 8gb memory card?

There's very few diferences between the 2 really!

Anyhoo anyone that wants the phone auto slide will have to get it from the developer! Unless you are me

Then you need to get it signed - I use symbiansigned.com!

Anyone need any more info Pm me
Old 22-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alan12112

Anyhoo anyone that wants the phone auto slide will have to get it from the developer! Unless you are me

or have an 8gb phone with an 8gb card ....

think nokia have got their act together a bit better now after their appauling effoerts before...
Old 22-11-2007, 02:24 PM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Re: N95 8GB

Originally Posted by HDReady
The new N95 8GB is only on Vodafone and isn't goong to be released to 02 or any other network. Vodafone's tariffs are rubbish. So unless you buy one outright for about Ł300 your have to take out a contract with Vodafone. The phone looks fab thou, i want one ASAP. Is everyone else on this post on Vodafone????
I've got one, and I'm on T mobile.
Old 22-11-2007, 04:39 PM
alan12112

Originally Posted by Eagle

think nokia have got their act together a bit better now after their appauling effoerts before...
Or check the spec of an N95 8gb and find out they dont have a card slot

Silly rabbit!
Old 22-11-2007, 06:07 PM
The Rapid 1

So WHAT EXACTLY are the differences between the original and the 8gb one then ?

Steve
Old 22-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by vroomtshh
The new N95 8GB is only on Vodafone and isn't goong to be released to 02 or any other network. Vodafone's tariffs are rubbish. So unless you buy one outright for about Ł300 your have to take out a contract with Vodafone. The phone looks fab thou, i want one ASAP. Is everyone else on this post on Vodafone????
How did you get that on T Mobile? And i dont belive it wont be released on any other networks imo.
Old 22-11-2007, 06:33 PM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunil_FiestaRS1800
Originally Posted by BigChuck
I tested out the bluetooth hack thing last night, you need to pair the phones for it to work.

It works really well on sony ericcsons allowing you to proper annoy someone by setting of their alarm, adding a new alarm,cut off there signal, activating the camera and most other functions.

On a nokia n95 you only seem to be able to get it to ring a number no other functions seem to work.
I've just in stalled it on the phone but i can't find it how do you go about using it?
What phone have you installed it on? on aosny ericcsson it asks which folder to install into , and the program is called "super blutooth". On an N95 its under automatically under applications and is called "Candy".

I manged to pair mine with a mates a phone last night without him knowing what i was doing. It was well funny cause i was setting his alarm on and off and he had no way of stopping it other than turning the phone off. Done it a good few times when he was queing for food in Wembley he was getting right hump with it
its the n95, right I've got the application "candy" i tried to use it on my mates phone, i first paired the phones, then went into candy i searched for his phone and found it, i tried to select the phone but it wouldn't do anything.

what do you have to do to read the messages or set the alarms etc?
Old 22-11-2007, 06:38 PM
BigChuck

ok downloaded the accellarometer thingy to my pc as a zip file.........unzipped it...........there is about 8 files in it.......can only put one on my phone via install aplications................and its all installed......but does nothing......what is it actually supposed to do......?

and i am getting the same as the rapid one with the link ?

i thought i was quite litterate at these phones but am apparently not lol

pugo

Originally Posted by pugo
ok now got it working lol
how did you get it working?
Old 22-11-2007, 08:28 PM
jaimesdna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm thinking about getting an n95. what are they like for reliability & what is the battery like?
Old 22-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Eagle

Or check the spec of an N95 8gb and find out they dont have a card slot

Silly rabbit!
naughty vodafone man lied to me then
Old 23-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Sunil_FiestaRS1800

I tested out the bluetooth hack thing last night, you need to pair the phones for it to work.

It works really well on sony ericcsons allowing you to proper annoy someone by setting of their alarm, adding a new alarm,cut off there signal, activating the camera and most other functions.

On a nokia n95 you only seem to be able to get it to ring a number no other functions seem to work.
I've just in stalled it on the phone but i can't find it how do you go about using it?
What phone have you installed it on? on aosny ericcsson it asks which folder to install into , and the program is called "super blutooth". On an N95 its under automatically under applications and is called "Candy".

I manged to pair mine with a mates a phone last night without him knowing what i was doing. It was well funny cause i was setting his alarm on and off and he had no way of stopping it other than turning the phone off. Done it a good few times when he was queing for food in Wembley he was getting right hump with it
its the n95, right I've got the application "candy" i tried to use it on my mates phone, i first paired the phones, then went into candy i searched for his phone and found it, i tried to select the phone but it wouldn't do anything.

You run candy first then goto "connect" then "inquiry devices". it will then search for bluetooth enabled phones. Choose your mates from the list and select it. Then it will come up with another line to select. At this point it starts pairing and you will have access to his phone. Like i said not all functions work depending on phone.
Old 23-11-2007, 08:35 AM
vroomtshh

Originally Posted by Rhys
Originally Posted by vroomtshh
How did you get that on T Mobile? And i dont belive it wont be released on any other networks imo.
My mate works for T mobile, and they get access to all the new phones about 6-8weeks before the normal customers do. Same reason he has an I-phone on T mobile, although according to all reports, its not possible for him to do so
Old 23-11-2007, 10:38 AM
gar mae
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by jaimesdna
i'm thinking about getting an n95. what are they like for reliability & what is the battery like?
Mines been quite reliable, crash a few times (about 3 times in 2 months) and poor battery life. You can do things to help with the battery - disable the 3G for example. I'm sure you can buy a better battery off ebay aswell?
Old 23-11-2007, 02:41 PM
BigChuck

You run candy first then goto "connect" then "inquiry devices". it will then search for bluetooth enabled phones. Choose your mates from the list and select it. Then it will come up with another line to select. At this point it starts pairing and you will have access to his phone. Like i said not all functions work depending on phone.
i'll try it again, cheers.
Old 24-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Got the ball to work but when I rotated my screen with images or anything else nothing happens? Any ideas?

Also I can't find teh light sabre file. site jusy says "looking for something that isn't here"

Help I need the light sabre in my life
Old 24-11-2007, 03:39 PM
MARCOSWORTH
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive tried the hack on my sisters Nokia,works well but not all functions

Hopefully better on the Sony Ericsson's
Old 27-11-2007, 08:21 PM
BigChuck

btt anybody know how to get the rotate thing to work?
Old 14-12-2007, 01:33 PM
mexman

anyone??
Old 14-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

n95e is 8 gb all black

N95e has a larger screen and 8gig built in.

no memory card

im on vodafone 35 a month 700mins anytime anyone and unlimted texts..

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm...1&WT.svl=link1

spec is here, wicked phone and not crashed once - YET very quick with regrds accessing camera or a new menu
Old 14-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

pugo

Did what you done, how do you get it to start............. I'm tipping my phone like a madman in my office
Old 14-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Right I've put the accrowhatsitcalled on, Space Invaders and Super hack on............

How the hell do I get any of them to work!! Do I have to reset something??
Old 14-12-2007, 02:48 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

You need to install the pluggin as well as the applications. Once you've installed Rotateme and Lightsabre they run for the apps list menu. Rotate me need to be opened then left running in the background if you want to use it with internet and other phone fucntions so don't exit it.

The bluetooth hack again is selected from the apps list its called Candy. Not sure about space invaders as i don't have that.
Old 14-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Well I know the tilt thingys on there, as space invaders works.....Its bloody hard!!

But I'm miffed if I can get the auto tilt to work!!

Kin thing!!
Old 14-12-2007, 03:07 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Look in the applications menu for rotateMe it has an icon with 2 arrows. Is it there? If so click it then click then it will be activate until you exit it.

If its not then then install that as well.
Old 14-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

You got a link Skeg, tried googling it, downloaded from some site and the application wouldnt upload to the phone!
Old 14-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Is it something to do with it being a unsigned.sis?? (rotate me) If so how do you sign them??
Old 14-12-2007, 04:36 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes you need to sign the app. To do so you need to get a certificate (.cert) file which has been made to YOUR IMEI number of your handset. The way people get this is via Symbian signed but you need an non public email to register and then use the sign tool to sign your own apps. So your best bet is to go in the thread "request certificates here" or there is even a Rotateme V2 post where if you ask someone to sign it for you and leave your IMEI then they will do in a day or two. Press *#06# to get the IMEI number. Then you can just install that without messing about yourself.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=346
Old 14-12-2007, 08:33 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cant someone do a guide on how to get this to work ?
Old 14-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Rex Kramer
Danger Seeker

A bit off topic here, but since i removed my network settings so i could update the firmware I now have PTT on my phone. Anyone know what this is and what it does

Thanks in advance
Old 14-12-2007, 09:33 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by coswurv
cant someone do a guide on how to get this to work ?
Get what to work mate? Rotateme, Lightsabre, Bluetooth hack, the pluggin what? All the info is in this thread.

What are you having trouble with? I've had all 3 running on my phone its not that hard. You can install the lightsabre and Rotateme and they will work but slowly, once you install the plug in they will work porperly. Transfer it over via the file manager on Nokia software and install. Or install with the dedicated install manager on your pc.

Any signing issues have been mention here also. Blue tooth hack (candy) just installs straight out.
Old 14-12-2007, 09:56 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got the rotateme working its quality, had to get someone to sign it for me though as it kept failing when i tried
Old 14-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

got the light sabre working................I was running around the office like a little kid!

Thanks Skeg!
Old 15-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Rob Virgo

ptt

push to talk , uses phone as a walkie talkie with another like unit

cheers
rob v
Old 17-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Holty
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

yeti if you want rotateme working pm me you email and imei and i'll get you cert and an app to sign all your files.

holty
Old 17-12-2007, 09:31 PM
kjc300
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Holty, could you do a "How to" too??
Old 18-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Holty
yeti if you want rotateme working pm me you email and imei and i'll get you cert and an app to sign all your files.

holty
Thanks for the offer Holty , managed to do it myself yesterday!! Got a cert program and registered on symbiansigned!
Old 18-12-2007, 08:44 AM
alan12112

I've already posted the how to!

To evryone who keeps pming me - give me time peeps i'm working through you all slowly but surely but i've had loads of PM's about this issue!!

Old 18-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

I also managed to download loads of games!

Thats the hour in the toilet taken care of!
Old 31-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Rob Virgo

anymore cool shit

Quick Reply: Calling All N95ers! Somethig your gonna like!!