General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Plumbers, a bit of advice please

Search this Thread

Old 14-11-2007, 07:08 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plumbers, a bit of advice please

Right need some pointers lads, now fitting a shower for my gran, doing the cabling side , not a problem.

Now in regards to the plumbing side, im a bit unsure of what to do , heres what i think lol

Now got 15mm flexi pipe, into loft area, chop into a water pipe for say cold taps for bathroom? insert a t piece?? in which bottom prt leads to my shower ??

now if this is correct? my pipes above i think will be old copper ones, and the flexi plastic stuff , does the t piece fit for this guys?

I realise shut off water and run water out realevent tap before chopping it, but dont want to cut it and realise i cant join it. also it says push fit connections for shower, what exactlys involved in connecting to rear of shower connector?

thanks for any tips help

Old 14-11-2007, 07:21 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds about right as long as you get the right pipe, and when you say old, how old? As long as it's 15mm the pushfit stuff will work fine on a clean copper pipe.

Pretty much as you say, but you need an isolation valve near the shower.
Old 14-11-2007, 07:23 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cool

Now its my grans house and imagine its a copper pipe.

Not exactly sure of the "push fit " just a matter of pushing it on, not sure if i should just get a plumber, but would of prefered to save my gran some money
Old 14-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Cozzie Bhoy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alrite Rab, What type of shower you got lad ? Is it a pumped electric or mains fed ? make sure and don't put mains water on a pumped shower ? Not too gone on them push fit fittings, best use compression fittings. And don't forget pipe inserts and an isolation valve on the run down to the shower!
Old 14-11-2007, 08:08 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mate just bought it there from b+q 8.5kw i think i this makes any difference, not sure what one it is

this is it mate?

http://www.shower-warehouse.co.uk/erol.html#4429X4471
Old 14-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Cozzie Bhoy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i know Gainsborough's 8.5 are mains fed alright. T into the 15mm pipe feeding the ball valve on the storage tank. Best use compression fittings and a bit of boss white or ptfe on the olive's.If the push fit is all you have make sure the pipe is clean where the fitting will go with no heavy scratches on it. When you shut off the water drain it off at the kitchen sink before you cut into the pipe. Oh and don't call me if it pisses down through the ceiling, I'm about 500mls away!!
Old 14-11-2007, 08:45 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!