General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PF Snowboarders (and dirty Skiiers)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PF Snowboarders (and dirty Skiiers)

That time is almost upon us again for the season, so where is everyone off to this year?

I am off to Lech in Austria for a week over the New Year (St Anton's posher cousin apparently... All I know is they had 2 meters of fresh snow over the weekend right down to the resort level, and more is forecast!)

Then for the end of Jan/start of Feb i'm off to Whistler (Canada) for 2 whole weeks for some of their record breaking powder!

I can't wait! Been excited all year and now it is getting un-bearable! The only downside is that i've still got a broken coccyx from last year
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're off to Les Deux Alps in France in Feb. Can't fookin wait. Km after km of runs. Just need to buy a new board now.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Graham S1
I have a feeling it is going to be an Epic year in Europe this year, after last years let down (although I got lucky last year as I had ok ish snow for both hols - I know a lot of people really struggled!)
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Were off to Bulgaria late Febuary, first time away boarding and really looking forward to it. Will also be doing a few day trips to some of the scottish mountains as soon as they snow is down , rude not to as its only a short drive for us

Got board and bindings as an early xmas present on Saturday, mine is the brown Palmer board and the other is my mate Paul's.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

Im off to Les houches in early Feb in a catered chalet, taking the wife and little girl with me this time so hopefully they will enjoy it and it will be come a regular thing. Has anyone managed to book the skidome in Manchester yet for skiing lessons as I have been trying for months and just keep getting that they are not taking any bookings.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

cant wait, nothing booked, but will do a week in either italy or france in jan, and several 2-4 dayers in switzerland.

Mainly skiing, but a bit of boarding too
Old 12-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Phil
Jeebus

david
Looking good! Although it will be battered within a couple of days... I will take a pic of my darkstar after just last season alone... It looks completely ruined

I really want to try some Scottish boarding this year - I didn't get the time last year and they didn't get a huge amount of snow either. Maybe this year will be the one!

Bondy1
I went up to Chill Factor at the weekend for a look around. Although the slope wasn't officially open people were paying to go on the slope there and then. There were also lessons being run so it must be worth giving them another call. The slope looks really good, but it is bloody freezing in there compared to other snowdomes in the UK (Tamworth and MK)!

Fil
How much does it cost for a 3 day weekender in Switzerland? I really fancy an extra short break in March if the snow is good... But it will need to be mega cheap
Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Bondy1
Im off to Les houches in early Feb in a catered chalet, taking the wife and little girl with me this time so hopefully they will enjoy it and it will be come a regular thing. Has anyone managed to book the skidome in Manchester yet for skiing lessons as I have been trying for months and just keep getting that they are not taking any bookings.
Alright Barry how's things ? hope your feeling better after the op

Was going to say try X-scape but the closest to you is Leeds
Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Phil
david
Looking good! Although it will be battered within a couple of days... I will take a pic of my darkstar after just last season alone... It looks completely ruined

I really want to try some Scottish boarding this year - I didn't get the time last year and they didn't get a huge amount of snow either. Maybe this year will be the one!

Dont say that, I'll be taking a touch up pen with me

The shop where we got the boards from runs day and weekend trips to different places and it really is next to nothing cost wise

Only ever been to x-scape apart from ski-ing in Aviemore so its going to be an interesting year.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

Afternoon daveyboy how the hell are you after your mull trip, Im fully recovered after the op mate. I have been over to castleford to Xscape before but the chillfactor is only 10 mins away so have been trying to book the wife and daughter some lessons before they go on the real stuff. Mr Jones could do with some lessons as well as he ski's as bad as he drives straight and as fast as he can until he hits something usually the floor.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Graham S1
I have a feeling it is going to be an Epic year in Europe this year, after last years let down (although I got lucky last year as I had ok ish snow for both hols - I know a lot of people really struggled!)
We were lucky with Bulgaria last year... it snowed massively about 2 days before we went out. Before that it was all mud and grass. Even when we were there about 1/3 of the lifts were still shut.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Fil
How much does it cost for a 3 day weekender in Switzerland? I really fancy an extra short break in March if the snow is good... But it will need to be mega cheap
flightsfrom london city to basel can be had for about 70notes, and then it helps if you have a mate who lives on the french/swiss boarder less than 2hrs from several diifferent resorts slopes

So cant help on prices, as no hire car or accomedation costs

A good site for everyone, www.j2ski.com
Old 12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Afternoon daveyboy how the hell are you after your mull trip, Im fully recovered after the op mate. I have been over to castleford to Xscape before but the chillfactor is only 10 mins away so have been trying to book the wife and daughter some lessons before they go on the real stuff. Mr Jones could do with some lessons as well as he ski's as bad as he drives straight and as fast as he can until he hits something usually the floor.
Glad your well mate.It took my liver nearly a week to recover after this years trip , Tony has probably told you about having to drag me backwards out of MacGochans on Sunday night The Vectra has needed some serious surgery though , the bill is in the post to Mr Jones !! Hopefully see you back there next year

Chillfactor sounds goods, same setup as x-scape ? Surely Tony's ski-ing cant be as bad as his driving ? his body couldnt cope with all the damage
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

No mate his skiing can not be described it is just flat from the top to the bottom and forget about turning as it slows him down. Only 1 week mate to recover, maybe we need 2 weeks up there next year then. I will be up there next year as I was totally gutted not to be there. Have just been down to Brands hatch with Tony for the weekend supporting a lotus racing team but they are all so serious these racing boys they go to bed early to focus on the racing for the next day would never last a mull weekend on the beer and and a return trip down the glen.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No mate his skiing can not be described it is just flat from the top to the bottom and forget about turning as it slows him down. Only 1 week mate to recover, maybe we need 2 weeks up there next year then. I will be up there next year as I was totally gutted not to be there. Have just been down to Brands hatch with Tony for the weekend supporting a lotus racing team but they are all so serious these racing boys they go to bed early to focus on the racing for the next day would never last a mull weekend on the beer and and a return trip down the glen.
I can just imagine him bombing it down all tucked in going as fast as possible, then whack, flat on his arse Looking forward to next year already, might even have an entry in Sod that early bed stuff etc, as you say they would not know what had hit them after seeing what goes on over there.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

I hear you are after a saxo or have you bought one already. Count me in for servicing mate Hopefully Tony will be out of retirement again that's if he ever rebuilds the engine. When Tony's tucked in he is still about as aerodynamic as a bus but yeah he does have some spectacular crashes mate even run over a kid once on his way down a run he tried to straddle over him after screaming attention at him for about 30 seconds.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:05 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah were going for a shitroen, not got one yet but there's millions of the things so not worried. Thankyou for the offer, hopefully be taking you up on that if all goes to plan

When Tony's tucked in he is still about as aerodynamic as a bus but yeah he does have some spectacular crashes mate even run over a kid once on his way down a run he tried to straddle over him after screaming attention at him for about 30 seconds

That line has got me in stitches , wont be able to get it out of my head for days now We should organise a day at this chillfactor place, get Dayle and Andy to come too. Would be a great laugh.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

It would be funny watching dayle as he is registered blind and cant see bugger all. I recon Tony would be straight out the bottom and off over barton bridge on the M60 Motorway before he stopped.
Running over the kid is just one of his crashes he has also gone down a slope and collected the whole que for the gondola we got there just to see the people picking themselves up of the floor and tony entangled in the catch fencing being bollocked of some french guy.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Need to get a date organised for sure now, next time im down collecting stuff from Steve/Tony

Shame theres no no slopes in Mull, would have made for a very messy weekend !
Old 12-11-2007, 03:18 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i booked to go to the usa, but we found out my friends cant get visas ,, doh,, so im off to andorra again on the 3rd of feb LOL
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Will you two get a room and quit talking about me please

Phil - sorry these two have gone off topic...

I blamed it all on it being a stag doo 3000 ft up in the mountains and every morning the tracking and camber seemed to be way out on my ski's sending me careering off into whatever was in the way
Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Tony, I know that feeling
Old 12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

CAnt get Visas? where they from

Im not going now in Feb as 2 and half weeks in Japan is not proving to be cheap
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by Rhys

More like what have they done?
Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Fil
Originally Posted by Rhys

More like what have they done?
PMSL,,, drugs and a drunken fight oh and one outstanding court case dick heads
Old 12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Rudey

if you've never been before, just hire on your first trip
Old 12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
89xr2
Brap!

One of my mates is about to move to Innsbruck in Austria to start a job with Method mag so I shall be visiting him in the new year and going somewhere to snowboard. Not sure where though, where ever he drives me i guess
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Bondy1
Part of the Furniture

Never mind the tracking and camber it is your complete incapability to take your time down the hill even your hats depart company with you.
You need to get your self over to france with us to get some more practice in for your next attempt at the world land speed record on ski's followed by the most spectacular crash after it.
Old 13-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Alex_86
Advanced PassionFord User

i am off to... hold on now....Norway for snowboarding
Old 13-11-2007, 09:18 PM
mark20vt
Regular Contributor

off to tignes in a the morning for a few days then off to bamff/whistler over new years for a fortnight and then somewhere in europe for the end of season do's just for a week. can't wait to get back on snow!

did L2A last march and it was crazy good! had the most mental view from our chalet balcony and the park was huuuuuggggeee!!!
Old 27-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cant wait myself STILL

Got me a new Nidecker snowboard, seem to have fell out with my Burton after last year , this feels much nicer, even on the local dry slope.

Not tried the Chill Factor e out yet even tho its about 15 mins from my house.

Booked to do Les Arcs in Jan for 2 weeks, or the full season if I can find a job out there .

Should be a shithot season I hope.

TONY/DAVID give us a shout if you're up for checking out the Chill Factor e
Old 27-11-2007, 11:36 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Will try and sort something out Adam

Im not allowed near a slope for another two weeks and dont want to either tbh. damaged my coccyx at xscpare last week and its the sorest thing ever
Old 27-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Unlucky mate ....

IMPACT SHORTS are the best invention EVER
Old 27-11-2007, 11:48 PM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

feels like im getting constantly raped

Looked at a pair of them 2 days before I fucked my back , soo wish I had bought them now

Keep on looking at my board and dont know if I love it or hate it !!
Old 27-11-2007, 11:58 PM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Adam Ash
Unlucky mate ....

IMPACT SHORTS are the best invention EVER
Or alcohol

A plan is hatching Ad Bondy are you reading this
Old 28-11-2007, 12:03 AM
david
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im trying the alcohol combined with painkillers and even that doesnt seem to help. I was totally wrecked lastnight and I was still in pain.

Tony you need to have a go on a board though if we go to chillzone
Old 28-11-2007, 12:10 AM
tomhs123
PassionFord Regular

im off to st anton in austria on the 5th of jan! cnt wait!
Any one ever been there by the way?
Old 28-11-2007, 12:13 AM
NUTS RuS
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by david
Tony you need to have a go on a board though if we go to chillzone
Spinal board in the back of the ambulance maybe yes

What is it with you and alcohol... ?

Quick Reply: PF Snowboarders (and dirty Skiiers)