General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Police, Camera, Action: FAO Tiff

Search this Thread

Old 25-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Bungle
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littleknocks
Originally Posted by matts1
Nottingham have a ban on car events i think
yep no cruises for nottingham now
Correct they fucked us over big time now, Good old junction 27 was getting quite popular too Massive turnout till they started coming down with section 59's
Old 25-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Gatecrasher
Not welcome...

Dog shit not even worth watching!

Top 5 killer car modifications
Old 26-10-2007, 01:07 AM
OvaBoost
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Cant see that lotus doing any better then the evos etc tbh..stupid cunts lol
Old 26-10-2007, 06:22 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i watched it with great anticipation last night

junior had been fed and bathed and was happy after watching "bruum's" over on sky one's road wars

i was there on the edge of my seat thining "at last, someone is going to tell it like it is"

what followed was the biggest peice of wank telly i've seen in a long time, and believe me, i've seen a lot of it

i can understand what the makers were thinking "lets have a policeman there who tells you what the probelms are with the modifications that they do to their cars and see if we can change their way of thinking" but the failed to get anyone into the production meeting who actually had a fucking clue

the copper they choose to do the talking was a twat, pure and simple, he had no way to relate with the viewer and was only mumbling along like an automoton reading off an auto cue or who's boffined up on his codes of practice the weeks before
there was no actual understanding of what he was on about, it's was like asking a 90 year old woman to read the comenraty of an exciting football match with no punctuation

adrian simpson, bless his little cotton socks, has enthusiasm by the bucketload, but again, he wasn't able to convey the message that the mods that were done were actually "dangerous" rather than being a reason for coppers to pull you over, the number plate thing for example was pushed as being a possible awy for terrorists to move about in central london with the underlying message that you would get away from a speeding fine because the systems can't cope "so don't do it"

the exhaust thing, oh come on now! i can't believe that they put a copper on the telly to tell us about the evils of car mods gone wrong who didn't have a fucking clue what the fuck he was on about surely not i was waiting for jeremy beadle to spring out from behind the cars and say "you've been framed" to adrian

i was waiting for the images of marshmallows being toasted on flamer kits

and what was the point in showing high speed car chases? with standard cars?
i can see the point of an rsturbo being spanked along the road being chased from years ago, but what relavance has it got with today?

and why did it take so long for them to mve the chavs from the roundabout? and why were them young slapperettes tottering about in high heels and mini skirts? whta's that got to do with modified cars? young, acne ridden youths in burrbury yes, dirty stop out young sluts no

so, overall i was left feeling that i'd wasted my time watching it as no one actually has a clue what they are doing, and their research tends to comprise of watching too fast too furious the night before

totaly clueless bunch of cunts
Old 26-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fooking annoyed me that did.they know bugger all about modifying.and how can they not tell that a standard 730 bmw is not modified?and that fat cunt minger bird with the shonky tatto's?yeah she was definately a boy racer.lol
that "unique" standard scooby?hmmm yeah he was a boy racer too,cos we all nick cars dont we?and he was driving like that in rush hour traffic! i'd like his rush hour traffic tbh,i cant move more than 3ft each minute in my towns rush hour.cunt!

and as for the imtimidation.i suppose all these old cunts moaning have forgotten they used to be mods and rockers causing more shit than we do nowdays?
it wont ever be stopped.surely people meeting in cars is better than having all them people to deal with pissed and fighting cos they cant use thier cars in fear of getting told "we will take your car because your number plate says a name and is easier to read."

complete arse program with no research at all
Old 26-10-2007, 08:09 AM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

They could have done it so much better and had a copper and a presenter that appreciates people want to mod their cars and should be allowed to.

If they had spoken more about the dangeres of poorly modded cars, cut springs, uneven worn tyres, dodgy electrical music set ups etc etc

Expressed the fact that kids want to show off and DO need a place to do it, and that they would like to see more controlled evernts.

Shown the dangers of ACE cafe and expressed that the action taken by some , prevent show getting put on, or being allowed to.

All in all, they should have gone down the "we think it great you mod your cars and want to show them off, just do it with abit of care so we don't have to jump all over you" route
Old 26-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Tank Mike

maybe we should right to the t.v. channel expressing these feeling and see if they want to make a documentry about it with real facts from the people who actully modifiy there cars and go to car meets ect ect
Old 26-10-2007, 10:00 AM
-J-

The White Evo 7 reversing in the car park was my mates, i was hoping they were going to slate his car

But it was Such a gash program as expected really.
Old 26-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tank Mike
maybe we should right to the t.v. channel expressing these feeling and see if they want to make a documentry about it with real facts from the people who actully modifiy there cars and go to car meets ect ect
Less commerical value than this one, they dont give a fuck about realism, only making a dramatic program.
Old 26-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Yeti Racing
It was stolen from a garage forecourt FFS!

They come like that you complete fucking ejit!!
nah, it had a sticker on the rear windscreen
Old 26-10-2007, 12:15 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Less commerical value than this one, they dont give a fuck about realism, only making a dramatic program.
you'd have more luck writing to points of view
Old 26-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -J-
The White Evo 7 reversing in the car park was my mates, i was hoping they were going to slate his car

I'm sorry but I absolutely love that evo 7 I've seen it up there a few times.
Old 26-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Lewis89
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by matts1
They could have done it so much better and had a copper and a presenter that appreciates people want to mod their cars and should be allowed to.

If they had spoken more about the dangeres of poorly modded cars, cut springs, uneven worn tyres, dodgy electrical music set ups etc etc

Expressed the fact that kids want to show off and DO need a place to do it, and that they would like to see more controlled evernts.

Shown the dangers of ACE cafe and expressed that the action taken by some , prevent show getting put on, or being allowed to.

All in all, they should have gone down the "we think it great you mod your cars and want to show them off, just do it with abit of care so we don't have to jump all over you" route
Totally agree
Old 26-10-2007, 12:27 PM
boXXer
GASH!

What an absolute load of toss that was last night. Fuck knows where they get the info from on all this shite. I dont think they even talk to people who actually take an interest in cars, and just make it all up! You can see why the car scene has such a bad rep.

All they wanted to do was pick on the car scene as they had nothing better to moan about. GIMPS!

Also, have you noticed thats its ALWAYS older generation people that winge about this stuff? They must be seriously boring fucks IMO.

Old 26-10-2007, 12:27 PM
-J-

Originally Posted by Pasty Palmer
Originally Posted by -J-

http://www.petrol-junkies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

There you go mate, Link to local forum with a few pictures on.

I must admit its a stunning car, probably my fav Evo ive seen
Old 26-10-2007, 12:30 PM
boXXer
GASH!

Originally Posted by -J-
Originally Posted by Pasty Palmer
Originally Posted by -J-

http://www.petrol-junkies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

There you go mate, Link to local forum with a few pictures on.

I must admit its a stunning car, probably my fav Evo ive seen
Thats a nice photo.........

Old 26-10-2007, 12:38 PM
-J-

Dartford Crossing taken out the back of a BMW Z4
Old 26-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's a great photo of the crossing but I also really like the new wheels too.
Old 26-10-2007, 01:04 PM
-J-

It is a Stunning Car... just need to try and convince him to keep it rather than selling it on for a 6 with more power

More Power is good but, i dont think the 6 looks as nice.
Old 26-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The facts wouldnt make the program appealing
Old 26-10-2007, 01:09 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

As usual..they make modding cars seem a crime and don't even represent the scene as it really is, instead focusing on goons who are nothing to do with the real modified world.
Old 26-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the black range rover complete with what seemed like authentic police lights in the grille! Under cover mother fucker! LOL!
Old 26-10-2007, 03:03 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Redeye Jedi
I liked the black range rover complete with what seemed like authentic police lights in the grille! Under cover mother fucker! LOL!
that i don't mind peole getting a tug for, but it's silly thing like illegal spacing of letters on your number plate because "they are a national security risk" rather than "we can't send you a ticket because we don't employ enough peole to sit there and ook at things with their eyes, that's what we've got computers for" bullshit
Old 26-10-2007, 03:11 PM
rsvan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by joshF
loving the multi colored skyline with the led's round the number plate
that things from kenton (harrow)
Old 26-10-2007, 05:00 PM
FasterFords

They said clear rear lights are illegal ,

Is that right ?

How do lexus get away with it on that horrid 4x4 thing they make
Old 26-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by FasterFords
They said clear rear lights are illegal ,

Is that right ?

How do lexus get away with it on that horrid 4x4 thing they make
they have to be "E-Marked". If they are, it's legal, if they're not, as many cheap units aren't, they're illegal