General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

FAO Anyone who sponsered my wifes bearwalk

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2007, 04:49 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAO Anyone who sponsered my wifes bearwalk

Cut and Pasted this from her email Huge thanks to all that sponsered her

Dear all

Sorry for the late email. Please feel free to forward on to anyone else who is interested.

Please follow the links below to look at some of my pictures from my recent Bear Adventure.
Thank you all for your support and generous sponsorship. It was bloody hard going, but well worth the effort when we reached the sanctuary and saw what the money would be used for.

Enjoy!

Ready to set off

The terrain

Made it to the top

Ready to set off - again. Not very happy about this one obviously. The very faint white line you can see behind me is actually the path we were just told we were taking - up to the summit at 2500 metres above sea level. Not Mount Everest but more than enough for me!

First signs of wild bears

Sightseeing - Dracula's castle

And finally, after all that... the bears!

Despite the fencing, the bears live virtually free-range in a large area of mature woodland, with purpose-built bathing pools and hibernation dens. Releasing them into the wild is not an option, as many are traumatised and/or physically damaged due to their former lifestyles, and they have never learnt the necessary skills to survive. They are encouraged to behave as naturally as possible at the sanctuary, food is mainly foraged and human contact is absolutely minimal.

And here's the proof - I really was there!

Thank again - and thanks for reading. I had an amazing experience - once the aching wore off!

Katie

PS. It's not too late to sponsor me via my webpage:

www.justgiving.com/katieyanetski

if you wanted to!

x