General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

STUPID JOBS UVE DONE...

Search this Thread

Old 16-10-2007, 01:16 PM
jamescosworth
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUPID JOBS UVE DONE...

as the title says..wots the most stupid jobs uve done? and wot payment did u receive??? lol

mines cleaning about 100 bread baskets for a giant box of mini eggs! was only 10 at the time but f**k me! them mini eggs tasted good!
Old 16-10-2007, 01:21 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

when i was 16 i did a little agency work at a cardboard factory....punching holes out of boxes.

literally stood there all day pushing these perforated circles out of the boxes....proper coma work i tell thee
Old 16-10-2007, 01:27 PM
jamescosworth
Regular Contributor

i done some work in a packaging warehouse when i was 16...never again! shite wages but then again i only need to earn a fiver a week to fill my motorbike up!
Old 16-10-2007, 01:32 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i worked at dagenham fords when i was a student checking waterpumps

we had to dab a little tipex on the bearing and spin it to check them as they had had some failures.

must have checked 2000+ pumps.....only found 1 failure
Old 16-10-2007, 02:02 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

worked in an onion factory <--- real tears

worked in fish factorys, cold stores

worked as a turkey plucker before xmas time every year fro 3 years (when i was 14 to 17)

worked on the standby boats for 4 years watching oil rigs incase of people falling off etc, smoked more hash then than ever
Old 16-10-2007, 06:07 PM
3001paulh
Regular Contributor

I WORKED IN A GREASY BUTTER FACTORY AND WE USED TO PUT SHERBET LEMONS IN THE BUTTER MIX AND SEND THEM FOR PACKING!! WISHED I COULD HAVE SEEN THE CUSTOMERS FACE WHEN THEY WENT TO BUTTER THEIR TOAST IN THE MORNING!!
Old 16-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bud-weis
when i was 16 i did a little agency work at a cardboard factory....punching holes out of boxes.

literally stood there all day pushing these perforated circles out of the boxes....proper coma work i tell thee
How many days did you last?

I did some labouring one summer when I was younger. It was at a dog kennels/stables that a mate of the old mans owns.

I had to dig out the old drainage system from the kennels, ready for a new one [about 100 yards to a septic tank that was being replaced].

Knee deep in dog shit for 3 weeks.

Certainly applied myself more at school after that
Old 16-10-2007, 07:19 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not me but years ago chris beach worked for maccy ds
Old 16-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

erm,,,,,, i used to train traffic wardens

also worked in a bowling alley teaching people how to bowl,,,, even though i fucking hate the game

mind you got me in hello magazine and i pulled the bird who the article was about

erm,,,, cant think of any others but ive had a few jobs
Old 16-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I was once an underwater wood welder, and also I designed biscuits for a bit
Old 16-10-2007, 07:49 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I once spent 3 months putting weld preps on pipes, day in day out nearly drove me insane
Old 16-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh i forgot

when i was working at fords at the end of october we closed the parts delivery due to the site closing down and for 3 months my job was to sit in the phone office answering the phone to tell customers we no longer do deliverys,,,, was busy at first but BY FUCKING CHRIST WAS I BORED IN DECEMBER

in december i got about 2 phone calls a day and im sure i started to go a little like tom hanks in that desert island film

i used a dagenham motors balloon and called him wilson,,,, which upset one of the drivers,,,,,as that was hes name
Old 16-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

whilst we was over in Oz my mate needed to raise some cash for his alcohol problem..

remember like you used to get over here.. Stopped at a set of traffic lights and a bloke would wash your windscreen... Well my mate decided to do it in the popular area of Bondi the little gypo.. nicks a sponge and bucket from outside the petrol sattion and proceeds with his new job..

First bloke tells him politely to fuck off.. but then a women drives up to the lights... spreads abit of water over her screen, quick wipe, and job done.. gets a few dollars.. Bearing in mind we are filming him absolutely pissing ourselves.. then a cop car pulls up.. FPMSL.. He explains he is English and didnt realise it was illegal Fair play, he got let off.. (few months later was deprted tho )

So thats a pretty good job looking back on it..
Old 16-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Redeye Jedi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
I was once an underwater wood welder, and also I designed biscuits for a bit
I did a bit of work as an underwater ceramics inspector.....
Old 16-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Westy
whilst we was over in Oz my mate needed to raise some cash for his alcohol problem..

remember like you used to get over here.. Stopped at a set of traffic lights and a bloke would wash your windscreen... Well my mate decided to do it in the popular area of Bondi the little gypo.. nicks a sponge and bucket from outside the petrol sattion and proceeds with his new job..

First bloke tells him politely to fuck off.. but then a women drives up to the lights... spreads abit of water over her screen, quick wipe, and job done.. gets a few dollars.. Bearing in mind we are filming him absolutely pissing ourselves.. then a cop car pulls up.. FPMSL.. He explains he is English and didnt realise it was illegal Fair play, he got let off.. (few months later was deprted tho )

i used to do that when i was 13 or 14 i think one summer

yes i was a poor pikey kid when i was growing up

we used to use washing up liquid that we put in the morning and then use it all day,,,, just imagine how dirty the water got

kept us out of trouble and we earnt some cash too !
Old 16-10-2007, 08:53 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

was about 12, unloaded a van full of potatoes for a chippy on the promise of a scollop batch

I thought this was some exotic expensive food like you get in a greesy chippy, you can imagine my disapointment on receiving a bit of batter potato in a stale batch
Old 16-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Rudey
nice one ya tramp i used to work at a hand carwash outside the nottingham forest ground at the weekends when about 13 one day i was passing a petrol station near my estate it had an automatic carwash that had been fucked and never fixed i went in and spoke to the guy that owned it an indian guy called jimmy (i know) i said "hire me a deisel hotwater jet wash and i,ll be your car wash split 50/50 the profits after hire costs?" he said deal fooken raked it in was on a main road into the city 70/30 split he wasnt thier to see how many i washed he sold up after a while and they had the auto fixed but today guess whats thier? A FUCKIN IMO CARWASH!!!!

fookin pikey
Old 16-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

hey im a working class pikey,,,,not one of them scrap metal pikeys

i live in a council flat,,,, on the 16th floor,,,,, aint going back to living on a set of wheels,,,,, cant get much higher either,,,, 16th floor,,,, im a pikey ontop of the world

actually i make fun of scots,,,, but if my family wasnt such theiving pikey bastards in the 15th century we wouldnt have been banished from scotland for stealing sheep/livestock forced to live in england

i tell my old man this every time im drunk,,,,, " if we was honesy law biding people,,,,we would be wearing a dress and eating haggis"

how lucky was i
Old 16-10-2007, 09:33 PM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

Worked at the BIRMINGHAM MOTORSHOW on the FORD stand one year.Just for 2 nights,cleaning the arena.From 7pm till 7 am.

There was 10 of us and we were told to CLEAN a CLEAN arena."We know there,s nothing to clean as it,s already clean"he said",just look like your cleaning and don,t stand around doing nothing.Pushed a vac around for 3 hours,played the FORD RALLY game on 1 of the 20 playstations on the stand.Then me and a mate went to the JAG stand V.I.P area and lay on leather sofas drinking champas till 6.55 a.m

Ł100 a night and got holiday pay from my real job.

Was offered to go to the FRANKFURT MOTORSHOW the next week to do the same thing.

Didn,t bother.
Old 16-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

but i got a proper voice

but i got ginger hair
Old 16-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by mercury grey minter
Worked at the BIRMINGHAM MOTORSHOW on the FORD stand one year.Just for 2 nights,cleaning the arena.From 7pm till 7 am.

There was 10 of us and we were told to CLEAN a CLEAN arena."We know there,s nothing to clean as it,s already clean"he said",just look like your cleaning and don,t stand around doing nothing.Pushed a vac around for 3 hours,played the FORD RALLY game on 1 of the 20 playstations on the stand.Then me and a mate went to the JAG stand V.I.P area and lay on leather sofas drinking champas till 6.55 a.m

Ł100 a night and got holiday pay from my real job.

Was offered to go to the FRANKFURT MOTORSHOW the next week to do the same thing.

Didn,t bother.
so thats like housework mimeing kooooool

reminds me of when i was a kid and made to get abath on sunday night

used to sit on the floor beside it playing with the water so my parents thought i was having a bath,,,,, just cause i hated the cold feeling getting out the bath

this morphene is like a truth syrum
Old 16-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good survival skills imo how you be westside long time m8
yeah all good mate.. still licking the AIRmax

All well your end ?
Old 16-10-2007, 10:12 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Originally Posted by Paddy
Originally Posted by bud-weis

How many days did you last?
about 4 and a half hours i think
Old 16-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

good survival skills imo how you be westside long time m8
yeah all good mate.. still licking the AIRmax

All well your end ?
airmax nah mate am i fuck we have 2 massive outdoor markets up here so everyones walkin round in chinese snide Ł10 airmax im rockin timbs nowdays and some good ol white reebok classics
im STILL wearing white classics,,,,, 13 years now im been wearing white classics

oh and patrick cox shoes, wannabes........ seriously nothing says pikey cha than a ginger bloke in denim jeans wearing black wannbes

im waiting for chelsea boots to make a come back,,, why did they EVER go out of fashion i dont know
Old 17-10-2007, 01:11 AM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 3001paulh
I WORKED IN A GREASY BUTTER FACTORY AND WE USED TO PUT SHERBET LEMONS IN THE BUTTER MIX AND SEND THEM FOR PACKING!! WISHED I COULD HAVE SEEN THE CUSTOMERS FACE WHEN THEY WENT TO BUTTER THEIR TOAST IN THE MORNING!!
FUCKIN TWAT!
And god knows my worst job, probably workin for oxfam whe i was younger before i knew what voulantary work was couldn't wait till end of month either.
Old 17-10-2007, 06:52 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

where to start

worked in a garage 12 hours a day 7 days a week for Ł30 (remember the time it was snowing real hard and i had to lay underneath a capri to get the radiator off and my hands were proerply frozen and it took me 3 hours

or laying down carpet for an exhibition show in wembly arena, cheap shitty carpet that must have cost about 2p to make and they paid up a tenner an hour to lay (simple job, roll it out, job don,e next please )

putting up marquee tents to Ł15 to put up and Ł15 to pull down, easy money but the guy only had 2 tents so we wern't exactly rushed off of our feet

putting boxes on the strapping machine at a packing warehouse (or on the roller table to wrap them up in cellofaine (sp) )
god how boring was that

amongst others
Old 20-10-2007, 04:18 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossiecrew
not me but years ago chris beach worked for maccy ds
did he? seen him the other night wait till i see him next aprentice of the golden arches

how are ya mark well i hope?
yeah man im safe what about yourself?

may i take your order please
Old 25-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Luca
Lukesville

I once worked in a factory, clipping a spring onto a piece of plastic...
I staretd at 6 oclock and at 8am tea break i rode my bicycle home never to return........

Then decided collage was best option