General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Royal mail strike

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal mail strike

Hi

Does anyone know what the situation is the royal mail strike,are they on strike today??? I looked on their website and it only says that more strikes are planned next week Only reason i ask is I drove 6 miles to pick up a missed parcel yesterday,only to find the office closed

regards mark
Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
PeterD
PassionFord Post Whore!!

back wednesday i think mate, my brothers a postie
Old 09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

i dunno, but every one who has bought stuff of me via ebay are askin when they will receive them and i keep blaming post office
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

its a pain in the cunt
Old 09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people ive sold stuff too i said im not posting until thursday when hopefully everything will be back to normal

they havnt even sorted letters out etc, so thers going to be a lot of late post and im sure theres another strike monday
Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

But I saw at least 3 postmen on my way to work this morning.....
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
twinkle_2k86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

we spoke to the post office on wednesday, as we have sent off for a passport. they said that certain areas are having strikes on different days, we had post thursday and friday last week and they where spose to be of strike.
they said that recorded delivary is no problem, as this has priority over everything, and the staff that are not striking are dealing with this.

tis a right royal pain in the ass tho.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
cossie04

Originally Posted by twinkle_2k86
they said that recorded delivary is no problem, as this has priority over everything,
Who on earth said that? Recorded means shit these days. `Special Delivery` has priority i believe...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
twinkle_2k86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by V6 EDC
Originally Posted by twinkle_2k86
they said that recorded delivary is no problem, as this has priority over everything,
Who on earth said that? Recorded means shit these days. `Special Delivery` has priority i believe...
sorry, thats what i ment
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Postie on my street yesterday.

Just wish theyd hurry up i neeed uni stuff!!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
about time they fucked RM off and let a company who knows how to do the job properly crack on with it.

lazy cunts.

I'm not a fan of the strikes either.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

about time they fucked RM off and let a company who knows how to do the job properly crack on with it.

lazy cunts.
RM are trying to modernise to bring the company up to date and compete fairly in an open market, most of the staff that work for them understand this and are decent, honest, hard working people.

the cwu however wants to protect all the lazy militant cunts that want to come into work and do as little as possible, that's where a lot of the beef lyes, these people are too set in their ways and thats why strikes are being called.

its about time these cunts woke up and smelt the coffee, RM no longer holds the monopoly of the delivery market wether its letters or parcels so if RM does not change its curtains,

RM Management are adament, the offer is the offer and RM is changing for good, that has been the message from them over the past few months and they aint gonna change their minds, thats why the negotiations keep breaking down,

All these protests are doing is hammering more nails into RM's coffin and letting down the people who essentially are RM's bread n butter, the public,small and large businesses etc etc

Luciano
Old 09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

charlie luciano, completely agree
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Re: Royal mail strike

Originally Posted by B16 YBB
Hi

Does anyone know what the situation is the royal mail strike,are they on strike today??? I looked on their website and it only says that more strikes are planned next week Only reason i ask is I drove 6 miles to pick up a missed parcel yesterday,only to find the office closed

regards mark
they are all a bunch of cunts (at least while they are on strike anyway )
Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Originally Posted by charlie luciano

lazy cunts.
RM are trying to modernise to bring the company up to date and compete fairly in an open market, most of the staff that work for them understand this and are decent, honest, hard working people.

the cwu however wants to protect all the lazy militant cunts that want to come into work and do as little as possible, that's where a lot of the beef lyes, these people are too set in their ways and thats why strikes are being called.
its about time these cunts woke up and smelt the coffee, RM no longer holds the monopoly of the delivery market wether its letters or parcels so if RM does not change its curtains,

RM Management are adament, the offer is the offer and RM is changing for good, that has been the message from them over the past few months and they aint gonna change their minds, thats why the negotiations keep breaking down,

All these protests are doing is hammering more nails into RM's coffin and letting down the people who essentially are RM's bread n butter, the public,small and large businesses etc etc

Luciano
What a load of fucking bollox
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL

lazy cunts.

Luciano

Shut the fuck up you carrot cruncher

Luciano
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL

lazy cunts.

Luciano

Shut the fuck up you carrot cruncher

Luciano
whats up doc
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 AM
dojj

but charlie does make a good point

the workers are out because they have to do more hours (the hours than they are paid for) rather than finishing and then fucking off home half way through the day

and then there is the pensions debate, but if everyone is going to do the same thing then it's fair as it can be isn't it?

just becuase someone earns twice what you earn doesn't mean to say you can still pay in less than them and expect more in return

the bloke who earns Ł20k a year against the guy who earns Ł40k a year is still going to get teh same percentage of his money as a pension as the higher up guy, which is different to what it was beforehand

anyway, they are walking out next week as well apparently so that the whole shebang fucked up because they've got us by the bollocks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 AM
taz the repmobile eater
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default strike

im a postie myself and i too am fed up with it as i've got a mortgage to pay bills to pay i even had one manager come up to me from another office that i take mail to and say that he thinks delivery staff should be on more than drivers and i was like no coz your delivery staff can do as much overtime as they like where as me who is on tachograph can only do 8 hours a week
Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

royal pain in the ass. I bought a phone from someone on here and dont know when it'll arrive. It sucks ass! Im kinda hoping its today but bet it doesnt now.

I hate waiting for stuff i've bought because its such a let down when it doesnt appear on time
Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

They are doing as much good for their company as the miners did, dumb fucks.

Since when did handing over a load of your customers to the competition on a plate IMPROVE your job prospects?

Thick as fuck the lot of them but I guess thats why they are only postmen
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

lazy cunts.

Luciano

The wife has a friend at work who's husband works for RM and he echos exactly your sentiments
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Also to add my company have removedmost of their business from RM and are now dealing with a private company. Only the absolute bare minimum goes through RM now. We can't afford to have documents lost or stuck in the system while strikes are happenening. To be honest from what I hear RM will be unlikely to get the business back even once the strikes are done
Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
dojj

gone on strike again in london
because they are supposed to start a 6 and not at 5

twats
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
blahblahcarsblah

Haven't had post for last couple of days but recieved a few letters this morning so maybe the strike is over til next week?

It wasn't what normally get though so I'm guessing they we got a lot of letters to come.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Just heard on the news that in certain areas, postal workers are doing wildcat strikes without the Union's backing about change of hours. Only heard 2 of the areas mentioned, Scotland and Merseyside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7037052.stm
Old 10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

ok, im not sure what the beef is, but from what i gather....

they have been asked to start at 5 instead of 6, but not getting paid that extra hour they re working??????

the company have stopped pensions?????

please enlighten me

carl
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Redkop

The wildcat strikes are for this...

Unofficial strikes

The unofficial stoppage was called at district offices throughout Liverpool and soon spread to the main sorting office at Copperas Hill, while workers at branches in east and south London also walked out.

Workers at the Victoria Road office in Glasgow walked out earlier, but have now resumed their duties.

Royal Mail worker David Wall, a postman with the Walton office in Liverpool, said hundreds of postal workers had gone back to the picket lines to protest the changes to flexible working hours.

These included the end of the freedom to leave early once staff have finished their round.

He explained that the wildcat strikes were triggered by new Royal Mail rules, which they had not consented to, that prevented workers from starting work before 0600 BST and leaving before 1415 BST.

Flexibility

Historically, most postal workers begun their shift between 0500 BST and 0530 BST and were free to go when they had finished their round.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

starting early means i get my post early.

Who gives a shit if they finish early if they ve emptied there sacks (so to speak) then let them go down the pub or home.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Typical scousers, any excuse not to work
Old 10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambchop
royal pain in the ass. I bought a phone from someone on here and dont know when it'll arrive. It sucks ass! Im kinda hoping its today but bet it doesnt now.

I hate waiting for stuff i've bought because its such a let down when it doesnt appear on time
well it never fucking came!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by m4dyeti
Who gives a shit if they finish early if they ve emptied there sacks (so to speak) then let them go down the pub or home.
???

If they are being paid to be sat at home then RM is not running efficiently.

As for getting mail early, the vast majority of people won't pick it up until they get home from work, so who cares if it's delivered at most an hour later? That is the change they are proposing.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Redkop

We live less than 3 miles from town centre, weekdays we never get our post before 11.30am, usually it's after midday. Saturday we get it about 8.30am - 9.00am..... so wtf can't we get it that early during the week?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
blahblahcarsblah

At home my post doesn't come til between 12 and 2 pm sometimes it has come as late as 3. At work normally gets in about 10 or 11.

I think if they allowed to go home as soon as they finish (some) might be more careless with the post. I don't know exactly how it works but at least twice a week I get letters meant for someone else, which makes me wonder how many of my letters are going to my neighbours!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM
dojj

they are probably on anualised hours so they get paid to work and no overtime
so they can finish as quick as they like or take as long as they like
Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the lucky one then - i get my post on a normal non-strike week, at roughly - 7am.

If they get there postal rounds finished by 12 1 or 2 what are they expected to do for the remaining hours.

They cant go back to the post office and re- fill there posty bags and do the round again.. that will mean overtime..

Just because they do there work quickly and finish before others whats the harm.

Im sure there are plenty of tradesman on here, whom finish a job early and go home rather than fitting in another job.

The majority of PF users in the daytime are actually cough cough working.....
Old 10-10-2007, 11:15 AM
St3V3_C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by m4dyeti
The majority of PF users in the daytime are actually cough cough working.....
Correct.

However, if and when we get pulled up on it, I don't think many of us will throw our toys out of the pram and go on strike

Quick Reply: Royal mail strike