General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who runs Nos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:14 AM
focusbird
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the original
shocking , they are so full of themselves too
what did they say when you told them?
I'm afraid I'm guilty of not having been near them since , didn't really want to let them near my car again. Plus Chris did it when he was sorting out my water injection and OMEX so got it all done at the same time. Their system cost me £2,000, cos I had two massive bottles and a Maximiser progressive controller.

The funniest thing was, another friend of mine in FFOC spoke to them about 18 months after I had mine done to see about putting one of their nitrous systems on his car and they claimed they'd never put it on a focus before

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again, and they're supposed to be experts
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i have a wizards of NOS kit with 50hp jets, on a supercharged zetec. when it works properly its brilliant, but even with a bottle heater i find that most of the year round there isnt enough bottle temp for pressure for it to work properly. it can take 30 mins to warm the bottle up with the heater, by which time most journeys are complete

as said above, when its working properly its great, otherwise its bolox. its not much good in the wet neither haha
Old 04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Radders, catch me on MSN or at one of the meets if you are serious about it.

Its fucking good shit

Your gearbox isnt though
Will do mate! Fuck the gearbox, I'll deal with that another day
yes, it will
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by focusbird
Originally Posted by the original
shocking , they are so full of themselves too
what did they say when you told them?
I'm afraid I'm guilty of not having been near them since , didn't really want to let them near my car again. Plus Chris did it when he was sorting out my water injection and OMEX so got it all done at the same time. Their system cost me £2,000, cos I had two massive bottles and a Maximiser progressive controller.

The funniest thing was, another friend of mine in FFOC spoke to them about 18 months after I had mine done to see about putting one of their nitrous systems on his car and they claimed they'd never put it on a focus before

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole again, and they're supposed to be experts

Was that at wizards of nos in doncaster, or through an agent?

If it was at wizards of nos then the managing director (trevor langfield) would want to know all about it as his customer care standards are his main focus in business, its totally unheard of for him not to sort out any problems, and he would want to know if one of his staff made a mistake like that Im positive.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by percybigun
i have a wizards of NOS kit with 50hp jets, on a supercharged zetec. when it works properly its brilliant, but even with a bottle heater i find that most of the year round there isnt enough bottle temp for pressure for it to work properly. it can take 30 mins to warm the bottle up with the heater, by which time most journeys are complete

as said above, when its working properly its great, otherwise its bolox. its not much good in the wet neither haha

Set it for a lower temp on your heater in the winter and then put a slightly larger nitrous jet in, easily solved problem!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Badman38
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

top stuff i've only been using a 50 shot but even thats unreal next year i'm going to run 100 shot with less boost and to finally get my controller working..

Old 04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
focusbird
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Was that at wizards of nos in doncaster, or through an agent?

If it was at wizards of nos then the managing director (trevor langfield) would want to know all about it as his customer care standards are his main focus in business, its totally unheard of for him not to sort out any problems, and he would want to know if one of his staff made a mistake like that Im positive.
It was at Wizards of NOS themselves, but it was at least 3 years ago. I dealt with some chap who looked about 50 with grey hair and a young lad which might have been the older chap's son.

The older chap took me out in it when it was fitted.