General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Do I???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Do I???????

right i am reaching a point where i have to consider cutting one of my cars out.

currently i am trying to sell the saff (which i dont want to do, but feel i have to) and keeping my fiesta runaround.

as my housemate is off travelling mid november, i'm having to move out (back in with folks temporarily) so i wanna cut down to one car. now i use the car for commuting etc and at the weekends.

its proving really hard to sell the saff (maybe i am asking too much for it) now the decision is this, do i:

a) sell the saff (maybe much cheaper as need it sold by end october) and use the shitbox runaround

b) keep the saff (sell the fiesta) and try and get over the paranoia (car parks, leaving overnight etc, and just swallow the bigger bills that come with it?

advice please as i dont know what to do?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 AM
CharlieSaff
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you got no where you can just cover the saff up and leave it for a year or so?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:31 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

park the saph up with it's wheels in the air if you can

if it's up for a fair price i can't see why it won't sell so don't drop the price and feel gutted
Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CharlieSaff
Have you got no where you can just cover the saff up and leave it for a year or so?
i have the saff fully insured till next july, just bought six months tax, and doing the mot this week, so storage seems a little pointless

i think its a fair price for a 4 owner car with 12 months MOT but maybe i am deluded

as for storage, i dont know anywhere really.

really dont know what to do

Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sell the good bits off the saph seperately (return as close to stock as possible) and that will make it easier to shift.

I wouldnt want to turn a good car into an average car with car park dings etc.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:58 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by rsnissan
sell the good bits off the saph seperately (return as close to stock as possible) and that will make it easier to shift.

I wouldnt want to turn a good car into an average car with car park dings etc.
might weigh this up tonight. thing is, alot of the bits to be sold, will need replacing with standard, so will cost me money in the short term, which i cant afford

real shame, as the saff makes a great everyday car, but wouldnt want it ruined with car park dings and scuffs etc

why did my damn housemate wanna go travelling eh
Old 03-10-2007, 09:10 AM
madrs247
Regular Contributor

JUST BREAK UR MATES LEGS
he wont be able to travel for a few months

thats the easiest way,plus ub get to keep both cars
Old 03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by madrs247
JUST BREAK UR MATES LEGS
he wont be able to travel for a few months

thats the easiest way,plus ub get to keep both cars
one solution i spose

however he then may charge me more rent, i'll have to look after him and wheel him to the toilet, and i'll wanna leave anyway and back to square one

Old 03-10-2007, 09:45 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

break the car if it aint selling - i have already more than what i wanted for mine as a whole and I still have a garage full of parts

Or do as Andy said and return it as close to standard, sell the bling bits and reduce the overall price of the car and it will sell.

I have a std header tank, power steering pot and std turbo damper if you want em.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
Or do as Andy said and return it as close to standard, sell the bling bits and reduce the overall price of the car and it will sell.

I have a std header tank, power steering pot and std turbo damper if you want em.
breaking isnt an option, no time space or storage

it has standard header tank, power steering and doesnt have turbo damper (4x4 )

the only removeable parts are the rondells, (will need wheels) and everything else has been replaced (ecu, inj, breather, zorst, coilovers) and arent worth taking back to standard
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BTTT for more opinions

currently looking into finding a garage near my brothers so i can keep it off the road during the week....its proving hard!

should i just lower the price, was thinking of calling pete or NYRS but im pretty sure their offers will make me cry
Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hiya ginge

easy mate, keep both cars and buy a 3 door to add to the collection
________
SplendidDiva live

Last edited by Ryan_3; 07-09-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cant you find another lodger and stay where you are ? or sell the fiesta put the cash under the mattress for cossie break downs if any , and just use it everyday i use mine everyday with no probs there a car and thats what there for as for leaving it in car parks just be sensible where abouts you park it, its alarmed i take it.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:04 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by coswurv
Cant you find another lodger and stay where you are ? or sell the fiesta put the cash under the mattress for cossie break downs if any , and just use it everyday i use mine everyday with no probs there a car and thats what there for as for leaving it in car parks just be sensible where abouts you park it, its alarmed i take it.
thats what i am swaying too. wont be staying where i am but could have the cos at my folks, just cant have 2 cars there, very little parking.

the fiesta would make a nice nest egg for if the cos breaks, or maybe cover the fuel it uses for a few months

just cant justify selling the cos for so cheap, as i will want another one, and this is a good 'un.

maybe time to say good by the the fiesta and hello to the BP garage pumps again!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 AM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gingeRS
Originally Posted by coswurv
thats what i am swaying too. wont be staying where i am but could have the cos at my folks, just cant have 2 cars there, very little parking.

the fiesta would make a nice nest egg for if the cos breaks, or maybe cover the fuel it uses for a few months

just cant justify selling the cos for so cheap, as i will want another one, and this is a good 'un.

maybe time to say good by the the fiesta and hello to the BP garage pumps again!
yeah i would keep it, you sell it you will want another one by next week and how long will it take to find one to replace that
Old 09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i have advertised it on here for weeks now, and had a few PM's but no real interest

will stick it in the trader for 2 weeks, and if it doesnt go by the end of that, i'll sell the donkey and keep the saff for the meantime.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

i'm assuming you would have to use car parks for work, cant you work somewhere else that has better parking? i always make a point of checking that when i get a new job. the one time i didnt and took the risk, my door got stoved in

and for the likes of tesco just park at far end of car park!

as for overnight worries, you could put a pager and security film on the car etc.