General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Police making up laws on the spot - caught on camera!

Search this Thread

Old 27-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police making up laws on the spot - caught on camera!

http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/...e_offence.html

A video showing how fucking daft most UK police officers are
Old 27-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Sideways_Sierra
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

lol jumped up new beat bobbies letting power go to their heads
Old 27-09-2007, 05:33 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

As he is still in possession of the film, I believe he must have been correct..

Old 27-09-2007, 05:36 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 27-09-2007, 05:41 PM
teamfatboy
Frog Tosser

Excellent! "I'll print a copy of the laws for you or can you get them from the police station!"
Old 27-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is quite amusing really

RW
Old 27-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Speedy Gonzalez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

how fucking stupid do they feel?
Old 27-09-2007, 06:37 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He is indeed 100% correct, I get this when filming near certain installations too.
The law states very clearly you may film in any OPEN public place, there are restrictions on filming in public places that are enclosed.
tabetha
Old 27-09-2007, 06:47 PM
RS500/364
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by tabetha
He is indeed 100% correct, I get this when filming near certain installations too.
The law states very clearly you may film in any OPEN public place, there are restrictions on filming in public places that are enclosed.
tabetha
I had this loads at work people filming me just film them back and all sorted
plus if you know the law uyou can fuck the law as chip about kevin !!
Old 27-09-2007, 07:04 PM
flat out
PassionFord Regular

what a pair of monkeys thay need a good shoeing for lying. we would off them for lying fucking scum
Old 27-09-2007, 08:08 PM
MARCOSWORTH
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Tops
Old 27-09-2007, 08:10 PM
FasterFords
Advanced PassionFord User

How cool was that
Old 27-09-2007, 10:04 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

hahahah, ace, see the way the jump up little bird then try to go down the "what did you say to that officer " route looking for anything she can nick him for.

Top work, I appreciate the old bill have a hard job, but jumped up twits like that get on my tits, "what section is that under" I will find out"

Classic, thats it, saunter off with your tail between your legs
Old 27-09-2007, 11:01 PM
KregRS

Not hard to see why people have little respect for the police anymore. Cant wait to see how the police PF users explain this one?
Old 28-09-2007, 06:10 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Decent police will hate these two idiots even more than the public do as it is these kind that make it harder for everyone else in the police to do thier job effectively.
In this day of ever increasing threats we all need to pull together, and dish out some scottish punishment to the baddies like at the airport!!
tabetha
Old 28-09-2007, 09:49 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

that black country accent is fucking annoying
Old 28-09-2007, 10:05 AM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pmsl oh dear god!!!like when some cops tried to do my dad for dangerous driving because he didnt know the stopping speed (he meant distance but said speed,which would be zero anyway!lol) from 50 mph!!then he tried to do him for failure to co operate when my dad asked why he was being asked for his license,my dad was getting it out of his wallet and asking and the cop said "right so your refusing to show me your license,i can do you for that!" the older cop eventually got the young guy back in the panda wagon before he was embarassed anymore after realising my father actually knew his rights!
the reason we were pulled over?because in stead of using their indicators to pull into our lane as they steamed past us,they flashed the police sign in their undercover cop car so they could force their way into traffic,and my dad made a gesture at them as it was incredibly dangerous.so they chased us and stopped us!
Old 28-09-2007, 10:19 AM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Pair of fools if you ask me. They have no clue do they and have made themseleves look rather silly.

Mind, I would have to admit that I do not know the exact act and section for a fair few things, but I do know what is legal and what isn't.

Lastly, the bloke filming it was also a bit of a cock (IMHO), he can legally film if he wants, but why does he? Why do people instantly scream "Get me mobile I'm phoning the solicitor" What do people think this idle boast will achieve.

Still can't hide the fact the two bobbies have embarassed themselves somewhat.
Old 28-09-2007, 10:50 AM
bobfish
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

lmfao "this isnt communist china mate" hahaha
Old 28-09-2007, 11:53 AM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think its pretty damn clear he was commiting an offence! - he had a brummy accent

amusing the way old bill walked away tail between legs but the bloke was a complete twat anyway IMO. the f is he filming them for in the first place?
Old 28-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Had an incident last Summer when th epolice knocked on the door and told me to move the car that was parked on the road as it's a clearway. I pointed out that the road was not a clearway. The policeman got annoyed and told me the white lines at the edge of the road denoted a clearway. I responded that they didn't and they were edge of road markings and there was not clearway sign at the entrance to the vilage on the road. Copper started to get humpy and pushed that the road was a clearway. Again I responded that it wasn't. At this point said plod asks me what makes me so sure to which I replied "I'm a lighting and signing engineer for teh local authority and spend most days with my head In The Traffic Signs Regulations And General Directions"

Plod left with tail between legs and teh car wasn't moved
Old 28-09-2007, 01:13 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what a pair of jumped up pricks, no wonder alot of people have no respect for them

i honestly would not have known whether it was illegal or not tho

Carl
Old 28-09-2007, 02:12 PM
BlueXR2

pmsl

they didnt even apologise
Old 28-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

busted or generally just mugged off!
Old 28-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R4N S S
Nothing wrong with a bit of Black Country
Old 28-09-2007, 02:45 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JAP CRAP
amusing the way old bill walked away tail between legs but the bloke was a complete twat anyway IMO. the f is he filming them for in the first place?

He was filming them because he can! CCTV films us every day if we go into town or when driving on certain roads so whats your problem? You don't agree but hes within his rights.

They not only didn't know the fucking laws which they are mean't to serve but also turned around from where they we going just to cause him hassle. What a bunch of twats, the woman pig seeing they were losing the round decides to bait him so she can arrest him with something else. I'm so glad someone has exposed them on film for what they are and this is just the tip of the iceberg to how they really are at times. We get fed all this tv crap like Traffic cops, Streetcrime uk and the like where they put on a nicey nicey act but if the cameras weren't there they'd be beating people up if they took abuse or at least being a cocky twat.

I would have told them to get out of my garden straight away. The bloke was very cool about it if it were me and they walked off sulking like that i would of laughed as loud as i could at them. Whats worse is not only did they pigs not get their own but now they are exposed all over Youtube. Great video great post, we need more of this
Old 28-09-2007, 04:02 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by skeg

He was filming them because he can! CCTV films us every day if we go into town or when driving on certain roads so whats your problem? You don't agree but hes within his rights.

They not only didn't know the fucking laws which they are mean't to serve but also turned around from where they we going just to cause him hassle. What a bunch of twats, the woman pig seeing they were losing the round decides to bait him so she can arrest him with something else. I'm so glad someone has exposed them on film for what they are and this is just the tip of the iceberg to how they really are at times. We get fed all this tv crap like Traffic cops, Streetcrime uk and the like where they put on a nicey nicey act but if the cameras weren't there they'd be beating people up if they took abuse or at least being a cocky twat.

I would have told them to get out of my garden straight away. The bloke was very cool about it if it were me and they walked off sulking like that i would of laughed as loud as i could at them. Whats worse is not only did they pigs not get their own but now they are exposed all over Youtube. Great video great post, we need more of this

Well thats a fantastic reason then! I can hit myself in the face with a hammer as well legally, doesnt mean i'm going to do it does it. The ONLY good reason for filming the police like that is if he thought something was gona go down there. Other than that, he was just being a fucking weirdo who has nothing better to do but hide behind a tree and film 2 police talking to a boy on a bike

but hey, if thats how you want to spend your weekends, enjoy yourself, after all, your not breaking the law!
Old 28-09-2007, 04:14 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He was using a camera he bought filming things happening around his area from HIS garden and you compare it to smashing yourself in the face with a hammer just to get your point across?

Whichever way you look at it he broke no law and was polite all the way through and yet he had to put his hand out to stop them entering his door. I think you're just nit picking mate. Hes shown them up and now everyone is laughing all over the net and its probably already reached the station. If not it will.

What would you say if he filmed ANOTHER over the top battering of someone like has happened in USA or here? "oh sorry mate you shouldn't be filming that its sad". Not something i would film but i'm glad he did as its very amusing.

We get filmed every day and if we step out of line we have them down to us so its only fair they get filmed and then shamed when they step out of line. Sadly we all know some police do a lot worse than just harrasment like in this case but the cameras aren't out filming then 24/7 like they are us.
Old 28-09-2007, 04:31 PM
JAP CRAP
PassionFord Post Whore!!

are you THAT stupid?

im sorry, but I just dont find it normal. if 2 coppers were outside mine, unless it was anything to do with my property or posessions or a massive row was going on I wouldnt even bat an eye lid, let alone go and hide behind a tree and film them. You clearly find this normal behavior and thats fine.

hes not filming someone getting an 'over the top battering' is he.

fuckin remembered why I dont post on here anymore now
Old 28-09-2007, 04:34 PM
smitsturbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

6232 posts later

the copper was a cock & i love it when you get the 1 up on them....legaly

cant beleive the bird was trying to do him for saying something aswell
Old 28-09-2007, 06:54 PM
djmillsy
Fife Radge

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Had an incident last Summer when th epolice knocked on the door and told me to move the car that was parked on the road as it's a clearway. I pointed out that the road was not a clearway. The policeman got annoyed and told me the white lines at the edge of the road denoted a clearway. I responded that they didn't and they were edge of road markings and there was not clearway sign at the entrance to the vilage on the road. Copper started to get humpy and pushed that the road was a clearway. Again I responded that it wasn't. At this point said plod asks me what makes me so sure to which I replied "I'm a lighting and signing engineer for teh local authority and spend most days with my head In The Traffic Signs Regulations And General Directions"

Plod left with tail between legs and teh car wasn't moved
Old 28-09-2007, 11:11 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hes not filming someone getting an 'over the top battering' is he.

Never said he was but clearly you didn't grasp what i was saying which was that IF (see that IF) he or someone did catch something like that then you be singing a different tune wouldn't you. (which has happened) Clearly they didn't realise they were being filmed until a certain point so anything 'could' have happened or been said. After all isn't this why some police are using helmet/uniform mounted cameras now? Whats the difference?

I didn't dive deep into my thoughts on weather i thought it was normal or that i'd do it myself but what is pertinent is that he broke no law and they were filmed being cunts and yet you choose to bang on about what he was doing. What a tool. Stop getting so heated just because some don't agree, in fact if you start dishing out the insults to people that easy i'd image there isn't many places be it public or online that you enjoy being.

are you THAT stupid?
Well clearly you have to be on some other level to understand your ridiculous examples about smashing yourself in the face with a hammer. (something a child would say)
Old 28-09-2007, 11:26 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Dont get me started on the cops and the legal system, I got arrested twice and thrown in custody for a total of 26 hours in the last three months because of my fucking mental ex making up lies about me.

Now they eventually sussed she was full of shit and she has now been charged with perverting the course of justice and purgury because of what she has said.

And have I got so much as a sorry about it? No!
Old 29-09-2007, 12:46 AM
E500 TAT

Originally Posted by tabetha
tabetha
What do you class as open public place?

Nottinghamshire police have bought in their own law about "car cruisers" as a result of people racing up at Junction 27 and can now move people on if 5 or more cars are in one place.

As a result when a group of us are in the local mcdonalds car park just talking we often get moved on, being 42 and the others being of a simular age we are not exactly "boy racers"

One particular copper gets very aggressive when moving us on and often threatens us with a section 59 and can be abusive sometimes.

I've wanted to film him when he's doing this but have been told i cant film the police

If we are not in the mcdonalds car park we are next door in a car park that belongs to the local bingo hall but this is normally well after the bingo is closed

If this belongs to the bingo, is that not term'd as an open public place?
Old 29-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Magic Numbers
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by R4N S S

Yam Yams alert!
Old 29-09-2007, 06:14 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Open public place is legally defined as having no gated access.
This in law is further defined as no fences, barriers etc.
They are entitled to move you on from maccy d's car park ONLY if requested so to do by the maccy staff, as they themselves(police) lose thier police status once on the PRIVATE car park.
It is a very grey area unfortunately, most maccy d car parks are not actually owned by maccy d.
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL ANY BODY INCLUDING COPPERS CAN STOP YOU FILMING, end of clear cut case.
Any restrictions apply ONLY in enclosed places, these would be schools, swimming pools etc.
The act unfortunately will be used and abused by the plod, and they will interpret it how they want.
Filming in maccy d car park is not illegal, as the open invite rules apply.
You can put tresspass notices on your property but you can't do anything about a milkman, electric man, gas man, postie etc coming up your path as they have an invite in law to do thier job, so long as there is no physical barrier, even a gate counts even if it can be just pushed open.
The reason why they don't want you filming is because they like to impose thier version of law on you, I have had it myself, a probationer out to get some browny points, giving me a load of crap about how the law is etc etc, on a few points of motoring law, my friend started disagreeing with him so a argument ensued, quite funny it was my friend was about to be arrested for section five(public order offence) until he pulled out his warrant card, he's a traffic cop!!
You have a legal right to film anywhere you can get to so long as you don't move any physical barriers to get there, and it is outside.
Interestingly you cannot film inside a school but can out on the playing field sports day etc, and no one can stop you even if someone objects to it.
tabetha
Old 29-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by XRT_Stu
Dont get me started on the cops and the legal system, I got arrested twice and thrown in custody for a total of 26 hours in the last three months because of my fucking mental ex making up lies about me.

Now they eventually sussed she was full of shit and she has now been charged with perverting the course of justice and purgury because of what she has said.

And have I got so much as a sorry about it? No!
Send her a shit in a box mate
Old 29-09-2007, 07:57 AM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought he was a film maker by trade?so the reason he was filming is because thats what he does,its his job and passion therefore thats why he was doing it?no further explanation required.
Old 29-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Love the way you can make out the info coming over the radio "it's not an offence". Bet the copper thought "Oh Shit!"
Old 29-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Makes you wonder what would have been said if he camera wasn't still rolling

Quick Reply: Police making up laws on the spot - caught on camera!