General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who do i talk to before posting a controversal thread here

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2007, 11:00 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Anything really, as long as the MAD'ettes hear about it, things are bound to get interesting!
Old 21-09-2007, 11:03 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used MAD once, and was disgusted with the service I got. I honestly cant believe it.

It turns out that they couldnt help me at all with my Boat. Something about it not being a car was mentioned, but frankly it is this kind of excuse making that leads to their piss poor reputation!

JJ

Old 21-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
I used MAD once, and was disgusted with the service I got. I honestly cant believe it.

It turns out that they couldnt help me at all with my Boat. Something about it not being a car was mentioned, but frankly it is this kind of excuse making that leads to their piss poor reputation!

JJ

What are you on about, they've done several boats . Probably just didn't want anything to do with YOU .
Old 21-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Linsay
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Lets get ready to RRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE

This is why i wanna sit with you, bob x pack and dingy at RSOC agm
Old 21-09-2007, 11:28 AM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

class thread!
some funny replys on here
Old 21-09-2007, 11:29 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

is the fuckn thread up yet..??????????.....c'mon i need a shit!!!!!!!!
Old 21-09-2007, 11:31 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

JJ

What are you on about, they've done several boats . Probably just didn't want anything to do with YOU .
Oh fuck it!! Then it must have been my space orbiter then, not my boat
Old 21-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Maxiboy

i wrote saying

As I don,t expect to get any recompense from you towards this I intend to publish this story along with the engineers reports on every forum I can to warn others.

he then wrote this in response.

Then you are going to find yourself in the High Court facing defamation charges which will cost you tens of thousands of pounds. I will also bring charges with the police of harassment contrary to the 1997 Protection From Harassment Act which is a criminal matter and an arrestable offence. So it really boils down to whether you want to ruin your life over this or get over it

You are not to contact me again other than by post via solicitors if you so choose. Any other contact will be treated as harassment.

yours sincerely,

D.R.Baker

i think this says it all. small claims court time. how can it be defamation when its all absolutely true.

can i post this or will i end up in court
Old 21-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have the same problem with my missus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she will blow , but wont bloody suck
......so thats why you're a fat cunt!!!!

Old 21-09-2007, 11:39 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Maxiboy
i wrote saying

As I don,t expect to get any recompense from you towards this I intend to publish this story along with the engineers reports on every forum I can to warn others.

Then you are going to find yourself in the High Court facing defamation charges which will cost you tens of thousands of pounds. I will also bring charges with the police of harassment contrary to the 1997 Protection From Harassment Act which is a criminal matter and an arrestable offence. So it really boils down to whether you want to ruin your life over this or get over it

You are not to contact me again other than by post via solicitors if you so choose. Any other contact will be treated as harassment.

yours sincerely,

D.R.Baker

i think this says it all. small claims court time. how can it be defamation when its all absolutely true.

Serious time now. It cannot be defamation if it is absolutely true.

HOWEVER

If any of your post is subjective, and a court of law can reasonably conclude that you have adversely affected their reputation, the they may have a reasonable case for slander. There are clearly issues here. If you have a pending potential claim then you need to be sensible about how you deal with it.

You could of course post the information anonymously (ie not confirming who are involved) on the basis that you are asking for our opinion on how you should proceed, but it must remain absolutely anonymous.

Be very very careful on this one mate

JJ
Old 21-09-2007, 11:40 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

fookin Danny Baker that fat cunt off the telly.........................i've never trusted him...............
Old 21-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Maxiboy

cheers mate.

yes i will be careful as court is looking ever more a forgone conclusion.

i never had such poor quality work or non existent customer service ever and am now only left with the small claims court option.

just wanted to warn others to be careful as i,m now 800 hard earned quid out of pocket and another 400 to put the job right.

i have a report be done by two other engineers as to what was wrong.

do you think i will have any luck in court. have other people had any luck in similar situations.

all help grate fully received. am i just wasting more money trying to sort this.
Old 21-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i wrote saying

yours sincerely,

D.R.Baker

Thats not too bad,
He could come round and run his knob through your wife and kids before pinching your Jammy Dodgers, chocolate digestives and PS2 before burning your house down,

Stop being a gayer and get it posted
Old 21-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i wrote saying

yours sincerely,

D.R.Baker

I would reply back to him telling him to stick his threat right up his fucking arse. He will not take you to court over it as is costs time, money and lots of hassle. People who threating bollocks like that always make me laugh!!

however if you are going to take him to court yourself I would not disclose anything at all about the case to anyone!
Old 21-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

This is a 'Pacing Rumour'. Change there name like has been said and you will be fine.
Old 21-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

cheers mate.

i never had such poor quality work or non existent customer service ever and am now only left with the small claims court option.

just wanted to warn others to be careful as i,m now 800 hard earned quid out of pocket and another 400 to put the job right.

do you think i will have any luck in court. have other people had any luck in similar situations.

all help grate fully received. am i just wasting more money trying to sort this.
Only a small amount of money - I would forget about it and learn from the experience....
Old 21-09-2007, 12:06 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

D.R.Baker - what a cnut!

get it posted mate
Old 21-09-2007, 12:30 PM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannn
cheers mate.

Only a small amount of money - I would forget about it and learn from the experience....

only a small amount to you maybe but 800 for a shity job and 400 to fix it adds up to 1200.. and not everyone has 1200 in loose change
Old 21-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Maxiboy

plus why should this twat have my 800 quid for a shit job.

plus others peoples money for the same.
Old 21-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

oh bad customer service and a shit job? is it ea?
Old 21-09-2007, 12:39 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

No, its Puma Racing

You've already put up half of it mate, so you might as well get the full story on
Old 21-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, come on. My tea's getting cold and the Hobnobs have all gone.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Get it posted mate, I have had companys tell me I will be taken to court if I continue to harrass them. I have had the same letter sent to me for over 12 months and I know they never will. They threat on the hope you will go away scared. It's obviously working, Get it posted!

PM it to me and I will post it.
Old 21-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

FFS,
Ive been to the quak's, had myself MOT'd and feel like ive been fisted by a whacker plate,
And you still aint put up the story, You CUNT

At least ive got another sicknote for my pain and punishment
Old 21-09-2007, 03:49 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers mate.

Hi mate

You need to be as analytical as possible about the situation when deciding to go to small claims court, based on my experience. My main experience is assisting a friend of mine in defending a claim in small claims court, which we were successful in doing, but the same rules apply for both sides. I would emphasise that I am not a lawyer.

This is EXACTLY the size of claim that the small claims court should be good for. But you must be sure of the following;

1. Firstly, establish your loss. You need to establish exactly how you are adversely affected by the experience. You need to quantify this accurately and sensibly! Dont give the judge to reject your claim before even starting. Concentrate on the sensible. This needs to usually set out the cost (by quotation) for the rectification of the defective works.

2. Establish what your accusastion is. Are you suggesting that they were neglegent in how they carried out the work? (ie that a reasonable qualified mechanic or engineer would have carried out the works differently). This is where the evidence is really important. There is no point in going in there with a ~"he said/ she said" attitude. If you can get an Engineer to provide a proper well thought out report detailing the ineffectiveness of the works undertaken, then you have a reasonable chance of success. A good Engineer should be impartial. The engineer must specifically state that it is his opinion that the works are defective because of the way that they were carried out.

3. Finally, you need to establish that you have carried out reasonable endeavours to settle this matter amicably. did the accused get the opportunity to resolve the issues? Have they had adequate chance to view the contested issue?

Ulitmately, if possible, you should take detailed notes on the condition of the engine (or whatever) prior to rectification, as this provides proof. As part of the process, you will be required to give copies of all relevant documented proof to the other party. So make sure that you are prepared for counter arguments prior to going to court.

The court takes a very dim view typically of "cowboy" engineers etc. If you have a case, then you should receive a judgement in your favour. However, you need to be aware for every "cowboy" engineer, there are typically 10 false claims made against bonafide engineers. Equally, the burden of proof is on you, not them.

Hope This Helps!

JJ
Old 21-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Maxiboy

so the story goes like this.

i phoned a guy and talked to him about doing a no expense spared full on cylinder head for my clio turbo.

this all sounds great so i package the head of with a two hundred ponds starting fee.

this in on 17/10/05. i,m told approx three months turned around time.

three months later i asking where it is at at this stage. told its nearly done. woohoo.

keep checking on progress but its still not ready.

this continues right up until 13/10/06 when i,m finally told its done a received a bill for the outstanding 555.00

i pay this and then nothing.

i send e-mails letters try to phone nothing.

i then get totally fed up and ring the police.

this gets a response.

he then contacts me and says it will be a few weeks.

it duly arrives in march 2007. i have a quick check over and bolt in to the block.

then i,m a little busy. i get the engine in the car and running in july this year.

then it only runs on three cylinders. i do a compression check. compression is done on two cylinders. one really poor.

i do a leakage test and find its the valves.

head off. valves seem ok. seats seem not to be to bad but not a perfect set of seats as i was expecting but they seem to seal on the diesel test.

what turns out to be the problem is that every seat is cut to a different depth and the very worst ones so poor that once assembled even with dry tappets they aren,t seating.on the exhaust side only for some reason.

if have then taken the head to a local engineering company to have this confirmed and this engineer makes up a test rig to measure this against a standard head and confirms our findings.

this then has eight new exhaust seats fitted and is in the process of being done.

also the quality of the work porting is not good so thats being measured on a flow bench then put right so before and after graphs are available.

i offered to return the head for a full refund. then asked for only 400 to cover the costs.

all i have received is excuses threats and the offer to put it right at my expense.

the full story from my side.

sorry its taken so long but i wanted to check my facts.

also cheers for the advice.
Old 21-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Maxiboy

only point 3 is a sticky one as been as i lost all faith in him after the first time i was informed that i didn,t need to return the item.

also as he informed that any work done was at extra cost to myself before seeing the head. and i wanted the head as evidence when returning it would have meant surrendering it for another 16/17 months.

i hope this doesn,t go against me in court.

i have had it inspected by two engineer's though to inspect it and one to rectify the faults.
Old 21-09-2007, 04:01 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right

Based on the above, and obviously mindful that this is one side of a story, I would say that you have very good cause to be unhappy with the service. The timescale is totally unacceptable, and that you had to call the police to invoke a response will help you significantly in your case.

To be honest, the fact that the head has fundamental problems as it does should make it very easy to build an effective case.

Do not be afraid to pay an engineer for a proper and well worded report. This will pay for itself.

To offer to put it right at your expense is totally unacceptable. My advice is that you should certainly pursue them. The threat that you referred to earlier sounds like a pretty standard "scare you off" tactic. Ignore it!

Remember what I said above though.

JJ
Old 21-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Maxiboy

cheers. thanks for your advice i will pursue it further.
Old 21-09-2007, 04:18 PM
matt p
PassionFord Post Troll

So who the fuck is it????
Old 21-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Maxiboy

Originally Posted by ballin
No, its Puma Racing

You've already put up half of it mate, so you might as well get the full story on
hes not wrong
Old 21-09-2007, 04:26 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone who knows me knows that I dont joke about food!

JJ
Yer you fat git

Steve.
Old 21-09-2007, 04:27 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Re: who do i talk to before posting a controversal thread he

would like to post a thread about poor customer service but would like to clear it with admin first.
WFT has it to do with Admin spit it out man ,,we love a good shit flinging match on here
till he says..
I bought some cossie bits of a fat bloke in scarbrough and....

pmsl

steve
Old 21-09-2007, 04:56 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Can't we start our own story until he comes forward with the actual one?

I myself had terrible service at McDonalds the other day. Got to the car park to find that I had been stiffed on me chips (crap portion size). I went back and threw my toys out of pram. Blank faced moron provided me with more chips though!

JJ
i went and complained that teh coke tasted like piss and the lady behind the counter said "how do you know what piss tastes like?"

i replied with "because i've drunk this coke"

the bloke standing behind her nearly spilt the drink he'd just be putting a lid on as he doubled up in a fit of hysterics
Old 21-09-2007, 07:28 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
Can't we start our own story until he comes forward with the actual one?

I myself had terrible service at McDonalds the other day. Got to the car park to find that I had been stiffed on me chips (crap portion size). I went back and threw my toys out of pram. Blank faced moron provided me with more chips though!

JJ
i went and complained that teh coke tasted like piss and the lady behind the counter said "how do you know what piss tastes like?"

i replied with "because i've drunk this coke"

the bloke standing behind her nearly spilt the drink he'd just be putting a lid on as he doubled up in a fit of hysterics
ROFL - you have gotta love the quality staff aint ya!!!!

JJ
Old 21-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: who do i talk to before posting a controversal thread he

Originally Posted by the youth
would like to post a thread about poor customer service but would like to clear it with admin first.
WFT has it to do with Admin spit it out man ,,we love a good shit flinging match on here
till he says..
I bought some cossie bits of a fat bloke in scarbrough and....

pmsl

steve
How the fuck can you call me Fat ,,your fully egged up twat
Old 21-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee_R21Turbo
I have the same problem with my missus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,she will blow , but wont bloody suck

No ,,im a fat cunt so that i can beat the shit out of short arse skinny twats like you
Old 21-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Patto
Advanced PassionFord User

No ,,im a fat cunt so that i can beat the shit out of short arse skinny twats like you
No your a fat cunt because you have to stop in every maccie D's you go past, even making special out of the way trips.. lol
Old 21-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Lee_R21Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Patto

No your a fat cunt because you have to stop in every maccie D's you go past, even making special out of the way trips.. lol

You'd have to catch this short arse skinny twat first fatty...and if you're as slow as ya trackcar you dont stand a chance!!!

Old 21-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, this thread sure is controversial...

I've read 3 pages and still am not *that* much wiser