General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The new "Iphone" from O2

Search this Thread

Old 20-09-2007 | 11:21 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ok..

for internet use i have a computer at home and at work.

to watch tv etc I have a tv at home.

to make phone calls my Sony Ericsson K800i does this job very well.

my phone has a built in mp3 player. my phone plays mp3's sufficiently well enough for me to hear it using the head phones it came with.

Anyone who thinks they need this Iphone for tv / internet needs to get out more!
Old 20-09-2007 | 11:26 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I don't think you need it for TV no... But the internet capabilities on ANY phone are usefull! YOu might have a PC at home and at work - so do I - but when you're out and about , or in the pub, or wherever you might be not near a PC, to be able to log onto the net to find out a piece of info is very usefull is it not?

That said. one of the things that lets the iPhone down is it's lack of 3G support for the UK, so like someone said, unless you are near a wifi signal, and an unencrypted one at that, then you aren't gonna be able to get on the net....

My Nokia doesn't have wifi, but the 3G allows me to get on the net with it - something that is VERY usefull for mobile email!!!!!
Old 20-09-2007 | 11:45 AM
mad_on_Series_one
toodle pip !

Originally Posted by Thrush
I don't think you need it for TV no... But the internet capabilities on ANY phone are usefull! YOu might have a PC at home and at work - so do I - but when you're out and about , or in the pub, or wherever you might be not near a PC, to be able to log onto the net to find out a piece of info is very usefull is it not?

That said. one of the things that lets the iPhone down is it's lack of 3G support for the UK, so like someone said, unless you are near a wifi signal, and an unencrypted one at that, then you aren't gonna be able to get on the net....

My Nokia doesn't have wifi, but the 3G allows me to get on the net with it - something that is VERY usefull for mobile email!!!!!
hows this done thanking you please
Old 20-09-2007 | 11:56 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I just go to WEB BROWSER or whatever it is called and type in a web address (www.google.com for example) and it asks me if I want to connect to the internet, I say yes, so it does... Simple!

I also have a gmail (google email) account and the clever bods at google have come up with a mobile phone plug in for gmail, which I installed. So I hit the gmail button and it automatically connects to 3G internet and logs me straight into my gmail account, where all my email is. So it's nice, quick and easy push-email like you get on a blackberry phone for example.......
Old 20-09-2007 | 12:51 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Default Re: The new "Iphone" from O2

Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Now im not being negative here, but "letting you control everything with just your fingers"???????

How the fuck else has anyone EVER used a phone?
With one of those little pen things, which slide out from the ariel, like on the XDA
Old 20-09-2007 | 01:52 PM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Old 20-09-2007 | 02:42 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Thrush

I rest my case