General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Where can you get air jacks

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy

Neil showed me that ages ago, what happened to it? I had hoped to see it when we brought my mates five down (black and gold one). Which will be back with you soon as well
Old 08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Paul Eggleton
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Charlie Chalk
Originally Posted by MAD EVO 4
you only need 3 as we use them and touring cars only have 3 aswell

Why only 3, Are they mounted in a triangle shape under the car, Or two on one said and one on the other
Thats still a triangle
Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

give ray @ rayvern hydraulics a call , he can make anything you need for either hydraulic/air suspension , im 100% certain he could knock you up a system to suit , i know on my mates beetle he mounted a 12" ram in the centre of the car which lifted the whole thing off the deck and allowed us to spin it round , maybe a bit exreme but you can see where im coming from .
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

im with tony,,, its just not worth it on a road car! and even on most race cars its not worth it
Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Tony Ryan
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MAD EVO 4
you only need 3 as we use them and touring cars only have 3 aswell

this isn't completely true actually , Airjacks are generally used as the cars are so low that conventional jacking equipment wont go under the car , you'll find that the years in BTCC that Mandatory pitstops were implemented meant that they all had 4 jacks , 1 on each corner , this was to assist in changing wheels by side and front to rear (98-2000).Since then only 3 are needed , 2 at the front to raise the heaviest area of the car and 1 at the rear centrally mounted .
like so many things that people see on racecars , they look like a great idea but are totally impractical to use on a roadcar .
As for twin extension jacks , the jacks dont double extend , we use an alloy support with a sliding gate (called an elephants foot ,lol), you jack the car up 1st level ,slide in the foot , drop the car, slide the gate over and then re-extend the jacks to raise the car again .

ps , your mate bolaji , get him to call me , ive not seen him or the car for a few years
Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Alloy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Mate I'm really sorry, I thought I worded it pretty decent and clear, but apparently not. What I meant was looked shagged, as in physical appearence, hence why I mentioned about if look's didn't mean much to him then buy some of your used set's.

I have full confidence in you that all your product's are listed as accuratly as possible, and I've definitely no doubt about you as you're a genuine guy from what I've read.

Sorry for upsetting you.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Alloy
As Gareth T say's, they stick down quite a bit below the floor level. If you check out the Fast Ford ( possibly a Cosworth special - will help narrow the search ) issue with the GGR Petronas / Mach 5 liveried RS500 featured, you'll see what we mean. There's also a small write up about the air jack's themselves.

They are very pointless on a normal road car though as they are used for faster wheel removal during pitstop's.

AP Racing is the only place I've seen them brand new, although some one mentioned Demon Tweeks above. Also mentioned is touring Car Spares, but the one's I've seen on there always looked shagged - which is to be expected really, but suppose if you don't mind the look's then go for it.

gus you're right, that belong's to a crazy Scandanavian dude.

Good luck.
A bit harsh there mate

I have bought parts form Tony at Touring car spares and everything was better than described , and a very very nice bloke to deal with who also gives very very good FREE advice ,

Its hard to sell used goods and make them look like new , but as long as they work correctly thats all you can ask for ,,if you want stuff to look new then buy new

Paul
Old 09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Tony Ryan
PassionFord Post Troll

Dont panic , im too sensitive about these things really !

it does show that words on a public forum have wide ranging implications tho .

Back in your box Paul , lol .Thanks mate .