General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

PC HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 13-08-2007, 02:51 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC HELP PLEASE

My home pc has decided to fuck up bigtime, its fine if i actually get onto windows but if i shut it down i just get a black screen withsafe mode ,last good configuration etc but none of them work and it just keeps rebooting.

Iturn off auto restart and i then get the blue screen with an error code
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and a 0x error code.

Ive formatted the pc with the recovery discs which was a nightmare as the recovery kept stopping but after a day of trying got it to format and it was okay for a day then the same again .

IM on xp media centre and any help with this much appreciated as everywhere i ring up tells me its something different and i cant turn my pc off at the mo as it takes me hours to get windows to work again .
Old 13-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

This message has four parameters:

Memory referenced.
IRQL at time of reference.
Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
Address that referenced memory.

I would check your system properties to see if you are experiecing any problems with drivers and if you have more than one stick of memory, try removing one or another.
Poor quality memory and cheap NIC (network cards) often exhibit this
Old 13-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by unplugging everything the computer does not need to run such as printer, usb webcam etc and the start updating the drivers