General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

how would i go on putting an st170 engine in a 1.4 focus?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaz 88
Originally Posted by Deal or No Deal Dan
Gaz- Going on a few track days and driving fast cars under CONTROLLED situations were the passenger has a kill button..........doesnt make you a good driver.......it makes you cockier and think your a good driver and they are the ones that end up crashing..........like you
the passenger carnt have a kill button if there is no passenger! and maybe be cocker, but as i said above the accident didnt happen at speed or on a bend, it was on a stright stretch of motorway doin 70mph and the car aquaplaned which not even the best driver in the world could controll as you not incontroll of the car!
Your so contradicting yaself here mate........if you say it was an act of god the claim is not your fault therefore you DONT lose your no claims so this whole thread has been a waste lol.........but yeah u do seem like a right cocky shit
Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Originally Posted by GTechR
How fukkin Much?
only 19 mate
How have you lost three years no claims then?
BUSTED
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Gaz 88
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oranoco
I thought you only lost 2 years NCB in the event of a claim? I've never had an own fault prang so don't know

You can't really expect much if any sympathy when your asking people to condone and even assist you in breaking the law.

You can't afford to insure the car then I'm afraid you can't have it. Deal with it fella like the rest of us have to.
dont remember asking for any sympathy people asked what happend and i told them
Old 08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

the passenger carnt have a kill button if there is no passenger! and maybe be cocker, but as i said above the accident didnt happen at speed or on a bend, it was on a stright stretch of motorway doin 70mph and the car aquaplaned which not even the best driver in the world could controll as you not incontroll of the car!
most people would take the road conditions into consideration and slowed down, yeah an act of god , a straight stretch of road you were doing 70. was the water invisible?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Gaz 88

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
How fukkin Much?
only 19 mate
How have you lost three years no claims then?
got a year off a motorbike at 16 which directline class a year plus two in a car, that makes 3
Old 08-08-2007, 04:36 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

the accident didnt happen at speed
doin 70mph

the car aquaplaned
Too fast for the situation. End of.

Act of nature
Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Gaz 88

Originally Posted by BigChuck

most people would take the road conditions into consideration and slowed down, yeah an act of god , a straight stretch of road you were doing 70. was the water invisible?
i did take it into consideration and stuck to the speed limit there were cars overtaking me just didnt hit the patch of water i did. and i have just google dinvisable water and it said that only happens in scotland that must be where you got it from there was spray on the road that made the water hard to see.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Gaz 88

[quote="DaveZS"]
the accident didnt happen at speed
doin 70mph

the car aquaplaned
Too fast for the situation. End of.

didnt happen at excess speed for what the road was capeable of eg speeding
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gaz......What was the speed limit on the road???
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Motorway so 70mph but it was wet and he didn't adjust his driving accordingly. I came home from FITP at 45mph (some stretches less) as the rain was so heavy. Just because the limit is 70mph that doesn't mean you should travel at that speed. You wouldn't have been doing 70mph on the motorway in the snow and wet weather is little different even if it was dry you could do 100+ quite safely
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Gaz 88

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Motorway so 70mph but it was wet and he didn't adjust his driving accordingly. I came home from FITP at 45mph (some stretches less) as the rain was so heavy. Just because the limit is 70mph that doesn't mean you should travel at that speed. You wouldn't have been doing 70mph on the motorway in the snow and wet weather is little different even if it was dry you could do 100+ quite safely
not argueing (spelling) as what is done is done but the conditions wasnt that bad its just that there was a puddle in the motorway! as i come out the ambulance a volvo hit the same patch of water and snaked down the road and spun. i was just unlucky that i went stright into the barrier!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
BigChuck

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck

i did take it into consideration and stuck to the speed limit there were cars overtaking me just didn't hit the patch of water i did. and i have just google dinvisable water and it said that only happens in scotland that must be where you got it from there was spray on the road that made the water hard to see.
i was only giving you an excuse for your stupidity, if you couldn't see the patch of water on the road for all the spray, you should have slowed down. its not exactly rocket science.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
James998
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

You are a complete ass hole for even thinking of it if i'm honest, like has been said, you're exactly the reason why insurance for us young drivers is so high, even with the shittest car you can buy it is not possible for me to get insured for <Ł1200. Wether its a chav cunt with a vts engine in hit shit 1.1 saxo or a good driver with a 170 engine in his 1.4 focus, they both have the same affect if they hit somebody. Just think what you would feel like if you got hit by an uninsured driver?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Gaz 88

james 998

y thank you

you prick
Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
James998

james 998

y thank you

you prick
I'm the prick? I'm not the one that wants to drive around with no fucking insurance.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Gaz 88

Originally Posted by James998
james 998

y thank you

you prick

I'm the prick? I'm not the one that wants to drive around with no fucking insurance.
you might be an exception but i would put money on that half the people on here have void insurance eg alloys suspension exhausts not that it makes it ok for me to do so
Old 08-08-2007, 08:27 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

: there was spray on the road that made the water hard to see.
The MOST stupid quote ever

MONGOL
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gaz, to be honest mate irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the insurance...

For the sake of a little extra top end, you may as well get a 2.0 ESP and insure it legally...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Gaz 88

Gaz, to be honest mate irrespective of the rights and wrongs of the insurance...

For the sake of a little extra top end, you may as well get a 2.0 ESP and insure it legally...
ived just been looking at them actually didnt realise they were only a group 8
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
bookwyse

Originally Posted by bookwyse
I agree witrh the comments above. Its is not only illegal to insure a car when knowingly not delaring all the facts bout it including modifications but it is also irresponsilbe.

Imagine what would happen if you knocked a child over and he/she was seriously injured. The parents take you to court and are awarded a million pounds in damages (not unheard of to cover medical care etc) you would have to pay this as the insurance is void. CAN YOU AFFORD TO DO THAT.

No becuase you cant afford the money to insure th car properly in the first place.

It is because of muppets like you that decent people have to pay through the nose to drive and insure a nice motor.

It would proberly end up like the RS anyway.

A bit like V6 EDC's ST200 that went through a hedge and into a playing field. Was then damaged driving through the concrete bollards to get away before the police got there.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD THE INSURANCE THEN DONT DRIVE THE BLOODY CAR
you dont know what happened with the rs any never will do so shut the fuck up bookworm and join the wanker forum!
NO I dont know what happened to the RS you little fuckwit but I do KNOW that you are asking how to break the law on an open forum. SImple really isnt it. Whos the fucking dickhead for asking the question.

So go away and ask mummy and daddy for a new dummy since youve spat yours out.