General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

attn of housing know all peeps

Search this Thread

Old 29-07-2007, 07:26 PM
scottbrown
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn of housing know all peeps

right then..

this is a strange one.
is there available like a hpi type thing for houses, ie telling you how much morgage is left and who the morgage company are?

I am trying to find out the assets that a company director has who has closed his business down, oweing alot of money including £600 to me. He says he has no assets yet has a £300,000 house and two cars.neither of the cars are showing finance owing, need to find all this out before I decide whether its worth taking small claims court action against the cunt.

cheers
Old 29-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For the price of a Small Claims action, just get it started - if it does nothing else, getting a CCJ on his record will warn others off. While the court process is happening you can do your investigating of his assets.

There are websites that show when a house was sold and for how much, and some of them can tell you who the buyer and seller were, but I don't know there is a way to check his debt on the house. If you get judgement, slapping a lien on the house (if he is the owner) will stop him selling until you are paid, but if its just in the wife's name it doesn't work.
Old 29-07-2007, 07:38 PM
rssteve

did you used to work for him?
Old 29-07-2007, 07:45 PM
silver
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume that he had a ltd company and that the company owes you money.

The point here is the company owes the money and not the director, that is why he was ltd.

Not much you can legally do to get him to sell a personal asset to pay the buisness debt.

Best give him a visit with a few of the lads.
Old 29-07-2007, 08:00 PM
scottbrown

Originally Posted by silver
I assume that he had a ltd company and that the company owes you money.

The point here is the company owes the money and not the director, that is why he was ltd.

Not much you can legally do to get him to sell a personal asset to pay the buisness debt.

Best give him a visit with a few of the lads.
Yes he was a limted company...

the lads could be a good idea.

yes I did work for him, does it make a difference?
Old 29-07-2007, 08:05 PM
cos jon
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

As said even if he owns his house/cars, its the business that owes you the money not him personaly !! ,
Old 29-07-2007, 08:10 PM
scottbrown

what about if he has other businesss that are still running and profitable that he is also owner of?

Trending Topics

Old 29-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As the guys have said above, and I completely missed, you have to think of a Limited company as another person completely separate from the Directors. If he has other Ltd companies, they are just more people in a crowd.

If the debt is unpaid wages, it may be worth lodging a claim with the Receivers/Administrators, though you will be at the back of the queue, behind the taxman and his bank/other secured creditors.
Old 29-07-2007, 08:29 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Limited company means he is not responsible for the debt the company owes.

He ill owe out ALOT more than he owes you, you will never see a penny unless he is pursuaded to pay you out

You can always sell the debt to someone - I was offered this, a few doormen and a pub landlord (very nasty character) offered to buy the debt for 50 quid.

Why, well you may not see your money but you know he will have had to pay up, or taken a little hurties for it's equivilant

I didn't bother, as they way I saw it, they may class it as a favour, it may come back and bit you in the ass
Old 30-07-2007, 06:05 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can show the company owed you £600, I would trick your way into his house using the confidence trick then grab a set of car keys and take the car, the POLICE can do nothing as it is held in lieu of a debt, you only have to make the proviso that you will give the car back subject to what the creditors say, which is months dwon the line.
I have been there and done it several times, you won't beleive how quick the money appears.
If the POLICE ask tell them why you did what you did, and say CIVIL MATTER, chances are they won't even bother coming to see you.
Anyone is entitled to holds goods in lieu of a debt, it is basic law.
The fact that he is/was a director makes no difference at all.
tabetha
Old 30-07-2007, 07:34 AM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

If he has other businesses, ring up some of them and see when he's due to be in and go round there...make a scene BIGTIME....keep doing it going looking for him etc.... he'll soon pay up from the shame.

Tell the lads at the surviving companies the story etc....be a right pain in the arse and annoy the fuck out of him.

Dan
Old 30-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Tabetha

The Limited Company is a separate legal entity and you can't claim against the Director (that's why people go Limited in the first place - to limit their own personal liability to the extent of their investment if it goes wrong)
Old 30-07-2007, 08:24 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UH,
I do know what it means, in law it means you can shit on everyone and walk away a milionaire, leaving this crap behind you.
My way of payback is legal, I have done it many times and written the whole saga and sent it to neighbours friends etc of those involved, gets quite a positive reaction it does.
Why should he not do all he can to get his money against these sort of C***S, he probably sepnds more than that a week in meals.
I have yet to meet a boss who gave a shit about his workers.
tabetha
Old 31-07-2007, 11:08 AM
scottbrown

This is fucking pissing me off.
how can somebody wak away with 80k debts, but have 2 nice cars and a 350k ish house. yet I am struggling to pay the rent this month.

I just cant get my head around how this can be legal.