General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

any plant operators on pf

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2007, 09:53 AM
andycosworth
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any plant operators on pf

to cut a long story short i was made redundant from my print works last month due to it going into administration,but cos i live in wales im entitled up to £2500 to train for a new career,they won't pay for class 2 lgv cos there wer that many faillin it was costin them a fair bit which i wanted to do,but i have seen that i can do plant machinery.

and jst wanna know wots the job like?
wot do u operate?
wots the pay like for wot u operate?
do u have to work away much?
and anythink else that wud b usefull information for me as im on wot to do and which courses to take up to the £2500 limit

thanks andy
Old 26-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Mark_w
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent 22 years driving excavators of all sorts on civil engineering and railway contracts before moving on to the railway maintenance industry....you could be expected to drive any machine,360 or 180 that you are qualified to operate,and the pay is not brilliant as a rule unless you work silly long hours,stay away from home or railway jobs...A lot of people think they can jump in a mini digger and they are a plant operater,but its a different matter when you go to a job which has time schedule and is complicated,requiring experience and being safe at all times...I left the job as it involves sitting down for long periods and i was getting back pain and bored! I still drive a mini digger about 4 or 5 times a year for a friend who lays block paving to help him out on big jobs,and to give a example how experience counts,he tells me that the driver he uses for smaller jobs is about 4 times slower and he ends up ordering more materials as he is not accurate.

regards mark