General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone in the know, help on getting a house?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone in the know, help on getting a house?

Right, desperatley need some advice or help from someone who may be in the field of work....

Basically, sadly I have split from my partner after 11 years and stuff. I dont have anywhere to go other than a few mates who can have me as and when, other than that its Hilton Park M6 services to sleep in my car at

I cant afford to rent privately due to commitments on the house im currently involved in with the ex as it were.

Ive been to 16 housing associations, 2 will only let me register the 14 of them have said to come back in September when the lists re-open The 3 councils I have been to are absolutely useless, except Sandwell who have a bidding system for houses, but because i am new on the list I could still end up waiting up to 12 months for somewhere.

Ive been offered a hostel etc, but tbh I dont really want to go there, and more than likely to have me bloody cossy nicked if i do go to one

Dont know what else to do. Really want a place so i can have me kids on a weekend etc. Has anyone else been in this situation and what did you do, are there any tricks or anything that will help me up the list??
Old 11-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been in this situation mate but i hope you sort something out.
Must be really tough...........would definately get in touch with a solictor immediately
Old 11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry to hear this

you do NOT have to move out of the house though if you're making payments to the mortgage.

you can also sell the house in the long run as well, or she can buy you out.

deffo see a solicitor.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

Move back in to your house until you have sorted things financially.

You are paying for it after all....

I know there may be issues between you and your partner but you must
look after yourself and I am sure your partner would hate to find extra
money that you need to basically stay alive in another place !!!

Just my opinion.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:28 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

if you are still paying for the house then you don't have to move out in most cases
if it's a split then, if yuo've put more money into the house, she can buy you out or you can flog the house and get a share of the procceds
then you get the kids in volved and things get a whole lot more mesy
Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
mrs-m

sludge have you got a 12month contract on the house if so the landlord might make you pay to the end or could dawn claim housing benefit on it if the landlord allows. otherwise dawn might end up losing the house if so she will be ok probably with the council but might be worth her putting bk down on council list as well.i no its not brill but i think the only place you might get is either castlebridge gdns or heath town but you might have to go to a hostel for a bit otherwise they may not take you serious about you being homeless
Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mate honestly dont move out, its YOUR place,,,, dont know the situation but ive been there and moved out,, NEVER a good idea imo as you screw yourself

good news is next weekend your in liverpool so theres another night accomodation sorted

if you need anything or a place to go then your more than welcome at mine mate, im not local but if theres no other place mate im here,,,,,, will prove JUST how desperate you are

mate you are gonna have to start from the start again mate,,,,, maybe not worth it as 9 times out of 10 you end up getting back for some reason