General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Natural disaster ,,WTF,,

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Natural disaster ,,WTF,,

Just talking to my missus and we were saying how we in england ,,mainly , Hull and south yorks are going through a very hard time regards the floods etc ,,Many people losing thousands of pounds and finding themself without and help ,,financial , or any other kind ,,yet if this had happened in another country , we brits would be sorting Aid for those effected and doing everything we could to raise money / clothes etc etc to send to help , yet nothing for our own

WTF is wrong with this country , we help everyone but ourselfs

If this had happened in london there would be Aid ASAP for all effected
Old 05-07-2007, 06:11 PM
banhambuilt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we help everyone but ourselfs
Aint that the f****** truth
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well said that man

seen it on the news earlier
Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And you notice that no other countries want to help us!!!!! funny that - We're the fookin mugs!!!! UK Charities only I say, have always said that and always will!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

yeh can imagine its quite bad up there
Old 05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

NORTH YORKS RS SPARES,

Nail on the fucking head
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I feel for those people One in 10 homes in hull are effected by the floods , and hull isnt exactly a well of area anyway

I had just spen 3k on my garden 2 weeks before the floods and apart from the decking its fooked ,,i was so gutted , yet thats just so unimportant as i was lucky it was just my garden , how do people cope with losing almost everything and trying to live in a damp smelly house for months

Imagine what its like to hear the rain in the middle of the night and wonder what you will find when you make the next morn

If there is any way i can contribute to a fund and anyone knows of one then please let me know because i would be more than happy to give a little to our own people for a change
Old 05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a disgrace, were still helping evry other fucker but NOBODY not even our own government are doing a damn thing to help anyone.

After seeing the new earlier I feel bad for those affected by the floods, what a mess their homes are in and quite possible that they still wont have a home to live in until next year !

The only way these people will get help is if people club together (Blue Peter style) and collect together items they maybe useful to these people.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
I tell you why Paul, cause all the useless MP's dont have to travel through it and see it on a day to day basis on their way to work or whatever, you can be damn sure if they were all wading through 3 feet of water to get to the houses of parliment it would be a natural disaster and endless funds and manpower thrown at it
Sadly you are ssooo correct

I just wish i had the ability to start some sort of Aid system for these poor people all over our great country that need our help and need it fast
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
andyt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul ttere are still familes in Carlisle NOT in there homes from when we flooded
Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well said paul
Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by andyt
Paul ttere are still familes in Carlisle NOT in there homes from when we flooded
Thats just bloody stupid mate why the hell do we put up with this shit time the brits started to say our bit to our bloody elected members etc

This just shows how the people effected now are going to suffer for a long time to come
Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

You sure nothing is coming your way? Ok its not happening quick enough but im sure something is happening. Dont forget what happening in America with New Orleans. THe richest country in the world has shafted its own there.....

Should get some help i agree..... Though a lot of people think they will have insrance to sort it out. However things do need to be sorted now to help the people out.... And lets face it even if all insrued etc look at the amount of damage, it would take ages for the pvt/commerical world to find the labour/resources to fix it all asap. So does need help for the govt to get it up and running asap again.....

Dissagree about the If it was London thing.... Think thats a bit irrational thought thats usually said in times like this.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 PM
the original
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I don't want to foot the bill for mongs who don't insure their house though

There's 1 billion people in the world without access to clean water
yet people in Hull whingeing 'cos their plasma tv is fucked 'cos they spent their dole money on superkings instead of house insurance

what a hard life

bring it on
Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

the_orginal as I stated... I agree about not have insurance.. but even the people who have insurance is fucked. pvt companies cant pull such logistics of in short time. You wouldnt like it if your street got fucked over, you phone insurance ans say sorry mate you 1501 on our list we will get to you next year! what would you do then?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

I am told by my insurance broker this week that 70% wont pay out for these floods due to a cause that excludes damage created by "Acts of God"
Old 05-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Cossiep

Originally Posted by the original

yet people in Hull whingeing 'cos their plasma tv is fucked 'cos they spent their dole money on superkings instead of house insurance

what a hard life

bring it on

my fooking stomach hurts from laughing

Not laughing at peoples predicament but how true it that statement.......... lifes essentials HAVE to be a families FIRST priority
Old 05-07-2007, 08:07 PM
radiant red
Advanced PassionFord User

Makes my fucking blood boil how the foreign ignorant bastards get all our funds. Couldnt give a flying fuck about us
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
radiant red

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
I am told by my insurance broker this week that 70% wont pay out for these floods due to a cause that excludes damage created by "Acts of God"

And who the fuck is god?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
radiant red

what a hard life

bring it on
Brilliant and true
Old 05-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by radiant red

And who the fuck is god?
The chap who forgot to turn the rain off.

A mate of mine had a horse literally SIT on his car at some lights. They used that clause to get out of paying him too.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Cossiep

Makes my fucking blood boil how the foreign ignorant bastards get all our funds. Couldnt give a flying fuck about us
Be fair, how many REAL natural disasters do we as a country have to deal with ?

answer = not many

Foreign aid around the world gives people with VERY little at all in life, the opportunity to better themselves/ families with the MOST basic of items i.e. clean water/ clothes/ protection from rebel armies raping their children for a laugh

Like ''the original'' says..... personally I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who neglect to insure their house............. DUE TO WHATEVER REASONS and then plead poverty to the masses
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cfoster
And you notice that no other countries want to help us!!!!! funny that - We're the fookin mugs!!!! UK Charities only I say, have always said that and always will!
theres a long list of people that agree with that and i'm at the top of the list!!

steve
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 PM
northerner
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If people don't have home insurance and live in a flood prone area, then its hard to feel too sorry for them.

Also, I haven't heard Gordon Brown saying too much about the floods until one of the papers ran the headline slating the government response.

Even Prince Charles has been around the badly hit areas in Doncaster and shown support for people who have been affected.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 PM
radiant red

And who the fuck is god?
The chap who forgot to turn the rain off.

A mate of mine had a horse literally SIT on his car at some lights. They used that clause to get out of paying him too.
Oh my god that is just,well,beyond words. Just so happens i cannot stand seeing the smelly bastards on the road. Pmsl act of god.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Cossiep

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by Cossiep

Foreign aid around the world gives people with VERY little at all in life, the opportunity to better themselves/ families with the MOST basic of items i.e. clean water/ clothes/ protection from rebel armies raping their children for a laugh
Its not our problem they waste the money we give them, the majority of it is spent on arms by the government, yet we keep giving it them, mainly because they by the arms of us
Are you a Daily Mail reading, BNP preaching, spin doctor by any chance ?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
radiant red

answer = not many

Like ''the original'' says..... personally I find it hard to feel sympathy for people who neglect to insure their house............. DUE TO WHATEVER REASONS and then plead poverty to the masses
Fair do's mate. Just a little bitter these days about one religon in particular. Im sure you know what i mean.

The ppl that paid there insurence and get nothing back deserve help. Jobless loosers deserve fuck all imho.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
radiant red

answer = not many

Fair do's mate. Just a little bitter these days about one religon in particular. Im sure you know what i mean.

The ppl that paid there insurence and get nothing back deserve help. Jobless loosers deserve fuck all imho.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Cossiep

answer = not many

Totally agree fella that those with the sense to insure their property ge the VERY best of treatment

I know what you mean about THE religious group these days

However, two things I never discuss in public (even sitting at a computer)

1) Religion
2) Politics

Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
haighlsby
PassionFord Regular

Its cos its in the north. If this happened in somewhere like Pakistan or China, we'd be the 1st in there 2 help. This happens 2 us, & we do nothing, & no other countries are helping us, so why help them?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

What we must remember is probs 50% cant get insurace ,,if you live in a previous flood area then most insurers wont cover for it

also , what about the effected people this time ,,do you think they will ever get insured again ??? i dont think so

Soon nobody in britain will be able to get insured against flooding

Will you then be laughing
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Diamonds.
BANNED
BANNED

what a hard life

bring it on
some people cant afford house insurance..some people have to spend their money on essential things which would not leave them with money for insurance.

its not always about ya TV and shit like that. it cant be nice to have personal things wrecked by rain and dirty water.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

yup, were getting next to fook all help round here
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
haighlsby
PassionFord Regular

We used 2 live in a house which was on a hill, which was on another hill which was on top of a HUGE hill. Half of Devon could have been underwater & our driveway would only be damp!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by northerner
If people don't have home insurance and live in a flood prone area, then its hard to feel too sorry for them.

Also, I haven't heard Gordon Brown saying too much about the floods until one of the papers ran the headline slating the government response.

Even Prince Charles has been around the badly hit areas in Doncaster and shown support for people who have been affected.
Places round here which have flooded have never flooded before pal so get ya fact right...its not hard to feel for the poor sods who have lost everything at all

Quick Reply: Natural disaster ,,WTF,,