General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Man United sign new C Ronaldo and new Ronaldinho...

Search this Thread

Old 30-05-2007, 11:25 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Man United sign new C Ronaldo and new Ronaldinho...

Finally got our mits on another young portuguese winger from Sporting Lisbon, Nani and also a Brazilian from Porto who they say are two of the best talents in Europe.

Finally the yanks have the cheque book out without selling first, Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson, i hope we don't get a new stiker as well like its been said otherwise Chelski, Arsenal etc have no chance. Just look at that skill towards the end of the Anderson video.

Still hope Giggs gets his 40 odd games though and beats Bobby Charltons record.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...i+and+Anderson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA1IHwOJScw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76iOJ...elated&search=
Old 30-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read about this earlier - awesome signings
Old 30-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

bloody wankers
Old 31-05-2007, 12:22 AM
MancDave
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Location: Salford I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

First class can.t wait for next season already!!!
Old 31-05-2007, 12:40 AM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

pmsl@the new ronaldinho

talk is cheap until they prove themselves they aint even the new peter crouch
Old 31-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Default Re: Man United sign new C Ronaldo and new Ronaldinho...

Originally Posted by skeg
i hope we don't get a new stiker as well
I do,Saha is shit and is too injury prone.We need to sell him to someone like Spurs or Newcastle.

We might of had a chance in Europe if we had another striker up top with Rooney.
Old 31-05-2007, 09:25 AM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

There rumours going round united were willing to offer Saha +£10m for Berbs. I'd love United to get Berbs if only just to piss off all the spurs fans!

But the way it stands: Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer, Rossi. I think we have too many "reserve" strikers. Need at least another one world class striker.

Also before we look to attack, we need another two defenders in my opinion, one in the centre and one on the wings. Our defence is solid imo when they are all there but Gary is ageing and when Ferdinand or Vidic get injured, it doesn't look nowhere near as solid.

So I think we have the midfield sorted but would like to see a bolstered defence rather than attack. Would rather have solid back 4 with decent cover than a strong attack

Trending Topics

Old 31-05-2007, 03:28 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I hope we get a striker too, was just feeling sorry for the other teams. I'd rather us not get Berbatov, he is good though.

Not too fussed about RB as Neville can go on a while yet just as Cafu, Maldini, thruam have. Neville is 32 not 35/36 so not all that bad for a defender. Isn't Bardsley also back from Villa and he did great covering neville for 9 or so games before. Not as attacking but he tackles harder than Neville.

Apparently Anderson can play striker as well as other posistions. Can't wait for next season now.

pmsl@the new ronaldinho Surpris Surpris Surpris Surpris

talk is cheap until they prove themselves they aint even the new peter crouch
Aduz, £10 says you never knew who Ronaldinho was at early PSG days or even before his big transfer to Barcelona let alone at Gremio. Most people only know about him from his performances at Barcelona and Brazil 2002.

Ronaldinho or crouch didn't have a mega money move like this at just turned 19. Crouch still dreams of one, he doesn't have potential at 26 let alone 19.
Old 31-05-2007, 05:28 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You're right, which is why i said give them a season, they are still growing as well as developing as footballers. They will need to adapt to country, language, tactics, English game and climate.

With regard to Ronaldo you could tell he was special from the start, he had the pace, skill and technique but just needed to adapt his game, end product. Having another one of those Portuguese potentials coming over plus a player from the same city as Ronaldinho, same club Gremio and whos been voted under 17 player or the tournement at the u-17 world cup and now in the Copa america proper Brazil side is exciting times.

Ronaldo was like £12m, how much is he worth now?

Sure Forrest will get one soon.
Old 31-05-2007, 05:39 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

very good signings by all accounts....kind of pissed off we haven't snapped any one up yet (apart from Lucas from Gremio...who seems a good buy.)

you've spent a fortune already and the season has only just finished!!

methinks Fergie wants the CL before he hangs his big red nose up for good
Old 31-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by bud-weis

Thats Sir Fergusons big red nose to you!
Old 31-05-2007, 05:55 PM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Old 31-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Aslong as he isnt anything like Kleberson then that will do me.Anderson looks agood player.Not seen much of this Nani.

All we need now is to get rid of the deadwood.

Smith
O`Shea
Richardson
Old 31-05-2007, 06:24 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by bud-weis
you've spent a fortune already and the season has only just finished!!

I know its shocked me. I thought we'd only get Owen and maybe a lower value striker. Ferguson did say he wants to go for europe as well next season now we've got the title after so long so hopefully we will take it easy in the carling and FA. It'd be great to win but i'd sooner we concentrate on those 3 more premierships first if we HAD to choose.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:27 AM
alb
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Does anyone know where Anderson plays? Midfield?

With this Nani coming in hopefully Richardson will be shipped off and will probably do well for a team like West Ham or something. Silvestre can bugger off anywhere as far as i'm concerned, O'Shea although he's adaptable really isn't the world class type of player we need, but not many world-class players will be prepared to wait on the bench.

I keep hearing rumours of Giggs being linked with Spurs lol, Giggs won't be going anywhere.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:45 PM
DAB
Rs500 DataBase Editor

Location: In the Karate Dojo , or updating the rs500 database
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coopsrst
Aslong as he isnt anything like Kleberson then that will do me.Anderson looks agood player.Not seen much of this Nani.

Smith
O`Shea
Richardson
sometimes i think you watch a different united team to the one i watch coops , smith/O'shea ..dead wood mate ?? ,smith has a work rate second to non in the united team ,and give him a chance he's just back from that horific injury ..
O'shea great utility player dead wood he aint ,how many important goals did he score this year ??..

say good bye to richardson .fletcher ,saha ,dong imo!

Daz
Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 AM
alb

I think O'Shea has proven himself as a valuable player this season. If he was at a lesser club he'd play week in week out, and is adaptable to where he plays.
Nobody is saying he's world class, but he's a valuable asset to any team that would play as many games every season as utd do.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:03 PM
fezzajsy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

well done..hope them boys do well.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
As good as they might be I wouldnt expect too much, how long did it take Ronaldo to find his form after his move?
He was fuckin 17 year old or summit! Just a kid!

Now hes developed mentally/physically and technically, hes one of the best in the world i rekon!

Nani and Anderson have masses of potential, and i think Sir Alex has proven how good he is at getting the best out of players.

Ronaldo, beckham, scholes, giggs, all products of Alex Ferguson Lets hope these lads follow that trend.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:03 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

This is the goal Nani scored for Portugal away at Belgium yesterday. Not bad. Portugal are getting dangerous with the players they are getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mQ6h-Choc
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 AM
alb

Lol could say the same about utd.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Series1Dry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Looking good for next season. I think the reason United did their homework on these 2 and bought them quickly is to stop Chelski from buying them I think we need to get a decent striker to partner the Roonster and get rid of Saha. He is always injured and looks too lazy. Ole will always be a hero at OT but age is against him now. Smith has'nt really done the biz but then he really has'nt had the chance and Rossi was hardly played at Newcastle so that has'nt done him any favours
Roll on next season
Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I agree Rossi should get a chance a United. I say play him in the FA cup and Carling every game whilst we save Rooney etc for the Premiership and Europe. See how he gets on then if not sell him back to Italy.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Series1Dry
Looking good for next season. I think the reason United did their homework on these 2 and bought them quickly is to stop Chelski from buying them I think we need to get a decent striker to partner the Roonster and get rid of Saha. He is always injured and looks too lazy. Ole will always be a hero at OT but age is against him now. Smith has'nt really done the biz but then he really has'nt had the chance and Rossi was hardly played at Newcastle so that has'nt done him any favours
Roll on next season
i dont think chelsea had any interest in buying them? and im sure roman said no more big spending so im lost here?

should be a good season next season, still think had chelsea not lost there best/big players for abit of this season would have gone on to win it and thats what will make next season so interesting, just a shame the jose cant choose the players he wants and its down to the tit at the top course im sure they would steam roll everyone then

im a neutral btw as i dont support any prem team there all scum, up the wednesday next season
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just renewed my season ticket and fuck a duck gone up 60 quid...robbing glazier twat...lol

Anyway, yup hope these two enjoy the time at utd, give them a season or so to settle and then we are away.

Smithy is a legend at ot and he is leeds, so the lad is doing something right.....
Old 03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by danneth
still think had chelsea not lost there best/big players for abit of this season would have gone on to win it and thats what will make next season so interesting,

Nah, you've been listening to Moaniho as have all their players about all these excuses. We got 89 points and didn't bother with the last 2 games. Dong and Eagles even got the "guad of honour"

Last season they got 91 points without the Cech and Terry situation and we were 8 points behind with Keane, Smith and Giggs all getting broken bones plus Scholes out blind for ages. Fletcher and defender Oshea at CM. So 2 points less than what they got when they won without the issues.

The reason United won this year was because they did something they haven't in years, they started off great . Its funny because Ferguson and the United players weren't kicking up this much of a fuss about their problems. It happens. They were losers and not good enough, never did they match our football. 5-1 first game of the season! Not because Chelski had injuries.

You can't have it both ways, if Chelski lost it because of injuries then so did United the previous year.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:13 PM
alb

Originally Posted by skeg
Originally Posted by danneth
still think had chelsea not lost there best/big players for abit of this season would have gone on to win it and thats what will make next season so interesting,

Nah, you've been listening to Moaniho as have all their players about all these excuses. We got 89 points and didn't bother with the last 2 games. Dong and Eagles even got the "guad of honour"

Last season they got 91 points without the Cech and Terry situation and we were 8 points behind with Keane, Smith and Giggs all getting broken bones plus Scholes out blind for ages. Fletcher and defender Oshea at CM. So 2 points less than what they got when they won without the issues.

The reason United won this year was because they did something they haven't in years, they started off great . Its funny because Ferguson and the United players weren't kicking up this much of a fuss about their problems. It happens. They were losers and not good enough, never did they match our football. 5-1 first game of the season! Not because Chelski had injuries.

You can't have it both ways, if Chelski lost it because of injuries then so did United the previous year.
Well said! We lost our entire back four Rio, Nev's, Vidic and Evra at some point due to injury. Let alone injuries to Park, Saha or Ole. Terry and Cech go missing for a few games and thats the excuse for losing it. "We wouldn't have conceded had Terry been fit!" - Yeah then he comes back and you still concede.
The reason Chelsea finished 2nd is because they spent big on experience and both of them flopped, Ashley Cole has hardly set the world on fire. Without Drogba you wouldn't have finished second. Undoubtedly without Ronaldo we probably wouldn't have won it.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Coopsrst
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by darren barber
Originally Posted by Coopsrst

Smith
O`Shea
Richardson
sometimes i think you watch a different united team to the one i watch coops , smith/O'shea ..dead wood mate ?? ,smith has a work rate second to non in the united team ,and give him a chance he's just back from that horific injury ..
O'shea great utility player dead wood he aint ,how many important goals did he score this year ??..

say good bye to richardson .fletcher ,saha ,dong imo!

Daz
Daz,i have never liked Smith.He gives this attitude that he is a fighter.He runs around a couple of games to make as though he is interested.He produces nothing.He walks around effing and blinding at everyone.Ok,he was out for a season,but he was poor before he got injured.Makes out that he has `made it` in his career.When he has done fook all.

As for o`shea,i loved the guy in his first season.But the guy is terrible.He can hardly put a pass to a United shirt.He did score two important goals for us last season.But you look at him in different areas of the pitch and he is hopeless.