General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

what would you do about this accident waiting to happen?

Search this Thread

Old 29-05-2007, 04:37 PM
PeterT
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bit of an update for you. i was in the shops today and she texted me saying she was going to bolton so i texted her saying 'change your tyre, last warning'. after a few more texts she said she'd put the spare on but doesnt know how so ill do it when i get in.

when i arrived my dad had just got home and had changed it over and there was the usual arguing, 'ive been at work all day an now ive got to change some stupid tyre'. however the spare it was replaced with is curbed badly and has a bit of a dink in it and the local tyre garages are shut so i told her to take it easy.

anyway about 10 mins ago she just called me saying the arse end of her car has fallen out on the motorway, turns out my dad didnt put the spare back (underneath the car) and it fell out along with a few other bits. he was in too much of a rush to get on his computer than he was to bolt the tyre back properly!!! he also gave her £40 to get the tracking done and a new tyre but he said get the cheapest one they sold, i called him a dickhead and gave her some more money to buy a premium tyre and a new wheel first thing tomorrow.
Old 29-05-2007, 04:49 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

mate, not trying to be rude or offensive in any way but I'm sorry,your parents need a real education in car maintenance and also how to look after their kids properly in making sure nothing bad happens to them!
Old 29-05-2007, 04:53 PM
PeterT
Virgin

dont worry i know that already
Old 29-05-2007, 05:08 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by PeterT
anyway about 10 mins ago she just called me saying the arse end of her car has fallen out on the motorway, turns out my dad didnt put the spare back (underneath the car) and it fell out along with a few other bits.
I assume she called the cops to clear it all and to make sure no one had crashed or been hurt by it.

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse!! You have a dangerous family mate.

Seriously though, i dread to think what that could have caused on the motorway. Could have been a lot worse i suppose.
Old 29-05-2007, 06:56 PM
BigMouthBillyBass
Advanced PassionFord User

KwikFit do arrow speed tyres in diddy sizes from £20, no excuse IMO