General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

has anyone ever had to have their ear(s) shringed

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2007, 09:21 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
I ain't putting fuck all in there There's three places I don't poke stuff into - my ears, my eyes and my ass Thats the rule
so you do poke stuff down your jap's eye then?
Old 22-05-2007, 09:25 AM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rs shawn
I used to have mine done regular: at least 3 or 4 times a year. Mainly down to the fact I have hairy inner ears and my canals are twisty so the natural wax doesn't always escape as it should compared with not so hairy or twisty ear canals. I work on aircraft and sometimes use earplugs as well as ear defenders and as said, they don't help. Plus with the loud aircraft noises the ear produces wax to protect it so I have over active wax-producers to contend with.
I use olive oil every other week now and this has helped to keep the build up down so I maybe need them doing once a year, which is a big improvement.

If anyone hasn't had this done and is scared, they have no need to. It doesn't hurt. If it does then the nurse is doing it wrong. It does actually feel quite nice if I'm honest. I think it's the constant squirt of water reverberating off the eardrum gives a satisfying tingle. You know when you have an itch on your back and someone gets it just right..that's what it's like. If you've had it done, you'll know what i mean and how it feels. (Tha'ts not why I keep having it done btw..lol)
im deaf as a post from wax build up and had terrible results on my hearing test, shall i just go to the med centre and ask them to arrange for a syringing session?
Old 22-05-2007, 09:26 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen the start one sick vid where...nah, I'll not go there. Needless to say as soon as I realised what was happening I looked away
Old 22-05-2007, 09:29 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

pastyking You'll have to see a doctor first who will prescribe you some olive oil to use for a week to soften it up. They won't let you go direct for a syringe and self-diagnose.
Winds me up..I know my own ears and whether they are blocked or if I have something else wrong with it, but still have to make (waste) a docs appt then wait another day or two for nurse appt
Old 22-05-2007, 11:14 AM
PastyKing

rs shawn
i bought some olive oil a while back and kept using it and didnt find it done an awful lot,
will hassle the doctor when im there later on
Old 22-05-2007, 01:25 PM
danja
PassionFord Post Troll

Had mine done twice now, first time was like a miracle, couldn't beleive how good it was to hear again.

Second time was in Tenerife, second fucking day I went in the pool and that was it, fooked. Spent first week of 2 with drops in then gave up and paid 60 euros for emergency doctor on a sunday to clear both ears, I was deaf in both ears for a week proper ruined my holiday
Old 22-05-2007, 01:28 PM
PastyKing

Matt J
doctor told me your not meant to clean them with cotton buds, only meant to use olive oil.
we all still use them though
Old 22-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangodeltasierra3
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Tangodeltasierra3

one word

gilroyd
Ugh um Dodworth if u pardon
Same oil
Old 22-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt J
Am I right in thinking that your not supposed to clean your ears out then? I use cotton buds about once a week to clear em out, if I left them the would be proper manky and I'd be deaf within 3 weeks

I've worn ear plugs for 10 hours a day for the last 3 years, maybe I should get them done.

Who do you make the appointment with? GP or what?
no your supposed to just clean the outer ear only DONT poke anything in...like i say, in amongst the wax and dust from work there was quite a bit of tissue too
Old 22-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Had mine done loads of times as my sinuses are shot - I love having it done, great sensation