General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Civil War in Iraq - USA/UK to blame - DISCUSS

Search this Thread

Old 19-04-2007, 11:28 AM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

homer j
still a needless,pointless waste of money IMO there are alot more important thing to spend the money (that we dont have) on in our own country.
its overstretching our resources by a huge amount,in my eyes without looking at the long term affects on aircraft,the serving service personnel and familes,the equipment isnt fully up to the job,and people are being overworked for what?
for tony and george to dominate the world with their great ideas?
Old 19-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt J
Independant news sites are the only way to find out whats actually happening,

Pot. Kettle. ..........
Old 19-04-2007, 01:54 PM
homer j
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pastyking
homer j
still a needless,pointless waste of money IMO there are alot more important thing to spend the money (that we dont have) on in our own country.
its overstretching our resources by a huge amount,in my eyes without looking at the long term affects on aircraft,the serving service personnel and familes,the equipment isnt fully up to the job,and people are being overworked for what?
for tony and george to dominate the world with their great ideas?

i disagree with quite a lot of that view. whilst we are overstreched man power wise, we are supplied with some of the finest military hardware in the world that is wholly fit for purpose and indeed works in many extremes of climate and atmosphere. the long term effects on aircraft are negligable as many types are due for replacement in the next decade. the Harrier for example is an amazing piece of kit that is perfect for the job it is doing in southern Afghanistan. and more to the point it will carry on doing that job extremly well for some years to come. as far as being overworked you should take a look at the American army. they have just had their tour length extended to 15 months from 12, of which they get two weeks leave back in the USA. the majority of their time is spent in combat in highly dangerous zones such as fallujah, baghdad and the air station at balad which gets attack every day without fail three times a day atleast. now tell me a tour half this length is being over worked? this isn't your average nine to five job. I and many others i know have completed 18-20 hour days in temperatures of up to 55 degrees centigrade and higher and yet we are able to carry out or jobs without losing focus or concentration. would people have these views that the task that UK armed forces are carrying out is a waste of time, resources and people if it were in Northern Ireland again? i think not. it is purely the fact that Iraq doesn't directly affect us as individuals that this view exists. how many people believe that the Falklands conflict was a waste of time?
Old 19-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastmaul
Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
I do think tho that bush is a bit fucked up But as are 90% of americans....nation of idiots.

at least we didn't get punk'd by Iran right in front of your armed forces leaders
No, your nation of trigger happy idots just kill the UK troops with their 'friendly fire ' bunch of useless tossers
Old 19-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

lets sort our own mess and our own country out.
cant we get the hint that were not really welcomed there, let them rebuild their country alone. you cant help people who dont want it and besides theres trouble everywhere in the world but we dont get involved in that?
all or nothing surely?
but its the minority that dont want our help so why pull out?
If we sort our own country by your standards, we would kick every asian/muslim out of the uk born here or not just because the minority want to bomb us
Old 19-04-2007, 06:40 PM
PastyKing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant we get the hint that were not really welcomed there, let them rebuild their country alone. you cant help people who dont want it and besides theres trouble everywhere in the world but we dont get involved in that?
all or nothing surely?
If we sort our own country by your standards, we would kick every asian/muslim out of the uk born here or not just because the minority want to bomb us
at what point have i mentioned ethnic cleansing!!!
we should pull out as i feel it is fully unjustified for more reasons than i can explain on here.
when i say sort our country out i mean putting the piles of money into better things for the country
thats all my opinion and now await being grilled
Old 19-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

all or nothing surely?
at what point have i mentioned ethnic cleansing!!!
we should pull out as i feel it is fully unjustified for more reasons than i can explain on here.
when i say sort our country out i mean putting the piles of money into better things for the country
thats all my opinion and now await being grilled
No you didnt say that, but by pulling out of Iraq cos of the minority would be like doing what i just said! I was trying to compare the silliness of the point you was making