General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Insurance peeps - please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:48 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Insurance peeps - please help

Hi, a few months back a polish kid ran out into the road and my sister knocked him down

The police were called and investigated and gave my sister a letter ot say she was not at fault and it was the pedestrian who was to blame.

She also had an eye witness who gave a statement.

Now then...

Her insurance is due and her renewal has trippled and tesco have removed all three years NCD, she called them and they said that it was because they could claim in the next two year so she would have to wait till after then to get her NCD back?

Where does she stand, she is not to blame, and has proof, can she go to another insurance company, but will Tesco refuse to give her her NCD??

Can they do that??

Please help.

Matt
Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Katie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there's no claim on the file against the policy just say that. They cannot legally take away a no claims bonus if no claim has been made. They can take it off if he claims tomorrow, or in 2 years time. But if there's no claim on the date of renewal, she's got 3 years of a policy with no claims on it.

I've had hell on earth getting my NCB back from Tesco too because the other guy hadn't claimed against me for my accident...so they automatically took it (even though he was at fault and denies even being there ) .

My dad works in claims managment and is a chartered insurer and couldn't believe the bollocks tescos were trying to spill him about there being a claim on my file. Try and speak to a customer services manager not just a £5/hour dweeb as that's where I wasted hours and hours on the phone, then they cut me off when I asked for somebody higher.

Tell them, tell them again, tell them you are not remaining with them and so require the NCB or will have to take further action. They won't listen for ages, you'll go insane...you'll lose hair over a period of weeks....but you are in the right...and you'll get there in the end.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Katie

To show you it isn't just you...here is my thread from mere days ago

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...ighlight=tesco

My NCB entitlement arrived this morning. It's now very late to go to directline, who fair play to them, have been very good about it all.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Katie
Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Katie

It's more feeling like you are some sort of criminal trying to get your no claims that pissed me off, they talk to you like you go around smashing up cars and now expect a present.

Just keep saying ''there's no claim on the policy'' everytime they draw breath...they either understand or you get to a happy happy land where you can't hear their bull anymore.

Tell your sister she has my greatest sympathy!
Old 13-04-2007, 06:40 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

thats me moving the insurance away from tesco then.stopped shopping there when i saw that programme about them bullying other supermarkets and small shops.theyre too big for their own boots.