General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Card cloning

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Card cloning

Has anyone had this done to them ?? As today my girlfriend looked at her balance to find £718 missing, now the bank said the money has been spent in harveys furniture shop in rainham essex, i live near southend which is about 25 miles away , Now the thing is my step mum works in harveys southend and she has looked at the records on the day the money was spent, the 30th march! with no joy, we have called the local police station ,there not interested as normal. She has rang the bank tonight for the 5 th time just trying to find out what harveys branch recieved the money, that way i could ring them to find out where and when the furniture is being delivered so i could go round there with a few mates and paste the cunts. Again no imformation.

Now the only place my girlfriend has used her debit card is the local shell petrol station ,none of them are english and cant speak english to well either, if this has happened to you what did you do to get your money back,as the police ,the bank, harveys are useless
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I've not had the card clone (i don't think) but did suffer id theft. Twigged when i started getting letters about new accounts set up with catalogues and shops. Wrong date of birth though and they wouldn't let me access the acounts.

Then i realised money had left the bank. I was told the bank would send me a claim for out with a space for crime number and to ring the police. Had some CID bloke call me back saying theres nothing they can do as its not a crime, id theft. It will only be a crime if the bank don't refund it, then its fraud. So no crime number.

Anyway i put the details of who i called etc on the form and got the cash back in the bank. Must of been people bin scavaging or a dodgy postman. Wish i knew. Got a shredder now.

I even had flights and things booked. Mad. Ring the fraud department and hassle them. I had to literally keep telling the nob on the other end that its not me though as he was talking down and kept asking if i had spent it this way or that.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Well she had moved half her wages on the 4th into her savings account, now her normal account has gone £718 over drawn, i cant understand why barcleys let her account got £718 overd rawn when she dosent or hasnt set up an overdraft

All i want is harveys to pull there finger out there arse and find out where and who this furniture is being deliverd too, then il go to that address and smash £718 quids worth of teeth out of them