General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ok so who's not happy about

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok so who's not happy about

the goverment plans to fine people with cars that aint insured even if they aint on the road?
dont see this a sfair for the peopl who are building cars or have had to take it off the road cos they cant afford to run it for a while etc.

bloody goverment needs to get its priority straight. i know theres alot of strokers who drive without it but lets be honest,are the cars really even in their names.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 AM
nilrem
STOP!... Carry on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iirc its only those on the road without insurance i.e. like tax...

if its on private property they cant do shit about it... thats if i read it correctly... and i hope i did!

plus, how would they do it with track cars that have no numberplates to talk of...
Old 05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
CliffRS4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I too think it's shot as my car stays in the garage when I am away on tour for 7 months.

Am I expected to pay for the tax if I am not even in the country for obvious reasons

I really hate living in this government run country. Winds me up
Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 AM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

how can any one insure a car that ther building thats unfinished how can they put a falue on dont no why peopl dont over throw this goverment
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 AM
philram
Mulechild

you will be able to 'sorn' a car off the road, like you do with road tax.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nilrem
iirc its only those on the road without insurance i.e. like tax...

if its on private property they cant do shit about it... thats if i read it correctly... and i hope i did!

plus, how would they do it with track cars that have no numberplates to talk of...
the way i herad on the radio was any car registered thats not insured is liable to the fine.but i maybe misunderstanding.

as for track cars,well they arent registered cos they are pure track,unless its got a plate and is road legal to.

i think they are being knobs,as with the docs to get a numberplate rule,it only fucks over the honest people
Old 05-04-2007, 09:11 AM
bigneck
Banned

heres the way to do things these days the system totally screws the registered owner

buy the car under trade so you fill in the yellow slip and the owner sends it off you keep the whole v5, but micky mouse buys the car if know what mean, the owners pretected as it gos out of there name

then you can hoon around in a car not registered in your name, when it comes to roadtax, pencil in on the new keeper suppliment recent date and your name that way you can erase it after taxing

ive been running like this for several years now, the only two cars i registered in my name one i got hammered for after i sold it as the logbook wehnt missing in post i had fines and all sorts, the other i got a fine for forgetting to sorn in time

sorry but fuck them they take the piss i take the piss back, i dont intentially go through cameras etc i still drive sensible but im just eliminating the chance of getting done for some petty camera or parking ticket
Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by philram
you will be able to 'sorn' a car off the road, like you do with road tax.
correct
Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigneck
buy the car under trade so you fill in the yellow slip and the owner sends it off you keep the whole v5, but micky mouse buys the car if know what mean, the owners pretected as it gos out of there name

then you can hoon around in a car not registered in your name, when it comes to roadtax, pencil in on the new keeper suppliment recent date and your name that way you can erase it after taxing
I thought that traders had to register the car to themselves or move it on if it wasn't sold in a few months?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:27 PM
bigneck
Banned

ou do on the motor insurers database, basicly its a very grey area most dont bother updating, i do slap a few on there every now and then but if they ask i just say i hardly ever keep anything for longer than 2 weeks
Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by bigneck
ou do on the motor insurers database, basicly its a very grey area most dont bother updating, i do slap a few on there every now and then but if they ask i just say i hardly ever keep anything for longer than 2 weeks

thats shocking!!!! wait till i tell your parents

the way i've heard it is that any car that isn't insured can be picked up by plod and the owner will have to get paperwork together to pay the fines incured

it's a load of bollcoks as 3 of my cars are uninsured because one lives in the garage, one lives in the driveway and the other isn't running
Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
bigneck
Banned

i allways carry my traders policy with me, every trader should, as you will more then likely be driving a car that doesnt show on the database its aproblem for a lot of traders, but the old bill can easily check on the spot if you tell them who your insured with they will be able to get it checked that a policy excists
Old 05-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Glen1909
PassionFord Regular

how can any one insure a car that ther building thats unfinished how can they put a falue on dont no why peopl dont over throw this goverment Moqueur
Yeah thats fighting talk, viva la revolution, how long have I been waiting to find people who feel the same way as myself, i'll get the C4..........
Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen1909
how can any one insure a car that ther building thats unfinished how can they put a falue on dont no why peopl dont over throw this goverment Moqueur
Yeah thats fighting talk, viva la revolution, how long have I been waiting to find people who feel the same way as myself, i'll get the C4..........
you're british,its PE4!!!be proud!vive la revolution!