General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

£100m Mosque

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Cawood
i think rich is one of those people with his head stuck up his own arse and doesn't see and realise the problems going in this country and has to be politically correct.

its fuck the true british as long as all the foreigners are well catered for
Incapable of answering my questions?

Benefit of an education mate - you should try it some time.
give me chance to reply you dick
Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by T S M
perhaps it will be used as a UK call centre

End of the day, up to them, as long as it aint our money i couldnt care.
For some reason, a part of me is seeing it like it's almost a competition? From the extract Miss Fiesta Turbo posted up, sounds like they are trying to make it bigger than everything else England is known for? Yeah, it's a place of religion etc etc, like many other Mosques, why make it that big though are they trying to prove a point?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by MattRS1600i
Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Plenty mosques back in their own country .
Er, this IS their country.
Just to fuel the fire.....ask them where 'home' is Rich

I'll bet more of them say mumbai or pakistan or india than 21 Grays Avenue Hampstead Heath.

Its home in the uk when it suits but in their heads its just an easier place to exist to send money home to their families. This is especially true of the vast amounts of eastern europeans we have coming here now.

what you lot on about???? its the white kids that go round spitting on elders, mothers and vandalising.

This forums full of racists,
Old 03-04-2007, 11:43 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

the woman had the police round earlier, made her remove some pig ornaments out of her window as it was offending local muslims!
im guessing that was the fashion police?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 4x4

I'll bet more of them say mumbai or pakistan or india than 21 Grays Avenue Hampstead Heath.

Its home in the uk when it suits but in their heads its just an easier place to exist to send money home to their families. This is especially true of the vast amounts of eastern europeans we have coming here now.

what you lot on about???? its the white kids that go round spitting on elders, mothers and vandalising.

how can you say that when you are being racist in the above comment!?!?!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by 4x4

havent you just made a racist comment yourself? tut tut
Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im guessing your not white then are you 4x4

its ok for "other" races to say thing about whites, but as soon as whites say anything

its the whole RACIST RACIST RACIST
Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Jade1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 4x4

I do agree about the white kids bit, it doesnt go unoticed by the media though.
By the sounds of it, what gets peoples backs up about immigrants is they are all living off our money, which some are. Not all are. Some were born here, and work for their money. But i think it's also because it always seems like the unemployed immigrants get 1st class treatment compared to hard working british people. But i am not saying people of ethnic origin are all like that before i start getting called racist
Old 03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
Originally Posted by 4x4

exactly - although most of us arent petty enough to use the whole 'racist' thing!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm past caring what they do, build or protest about. I'm just going to do what the majority of them do, keep to my own, speak my own language and have as little to do with them as possible. Be polite when it arises but generally keep it to a minimum.

Being English your are bottom of the pile these days.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 AM
4x4

Originally Posted by 4x4

no way mate, i consider myself british and was born here.

i can Just remeber what friends did what when i was a kid.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by 4x4
Originally Posted by 4x4

no way mate, i consider myself british and was born here.

i can Just remeber what friends did what when i was a kid.
and because your white friends done it,,, its a white problem,,,,,

its a whole social problem,,, colour doesnt come into it
Old 03-04-2007, 11:52 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah right, Pon. Have you ever been into or near your local mosque?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:52 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4

Where have I made a racist comment you stupid twat? I work with large amounts of personal data including ethnic origin etc, and i get to see paperwork etc and i can assure you what i'm saying is true. And it certainly isnt racist, its a fact of life. In fact you can ask any of the girls i'm sitting next to where home is, and the first thing they'll say is mumbai.....without even thinking.

edit: In fact i've just walked through a room of people who are here for citizenship tests. Would you like to sample som actual data for you?

I will dismiss your pathetic comment with which you are attempting to bring racism into my comment.

Do you cry racism everytime you hear something you dont like?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 AM
4x4

im guessing your not white then are you 4x4

its ok for "other" races to say thing about whites, but as soon as whites say anything

its the whole RACIST RACIST RACIST

when people refer to me as brown it dont bother me until they make it clear they are being racist.

dont get it twisted, i get fucking mad when those stupid fucking islamic extremists preech anti western/english bullshit in this country , me and me old man always keep saying this country should kick their arses out of this country or better just top the fuckers

in no way am i racist or hate the country i live in, i do disagree with half the government desicions but im trying to make my life so try not to think about it too much.
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

The reason it IS majority white kids that cause trouble as suggested is purely as a result of proportion.

.......... and I don't disagree with a lot of the comments about how ridiculous things CAN be.

A bunch of us were asked to leave Lords Cricket Ground a couple of years ago, during the England Pakistan one dayer, for having an English flag, and that having one was offensive.

Don't forget, in your example, I bet it was a white middle class person who instructed your friend to remove said ornaments - so how can you blame muslims, when it's someone else being offended on their behalf?
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

We are lucky to live in a 'free country' where race, religion and freedom of speech is allowed.

I think it is wrong to ask for public/government money to pay for objects of any religion be it a church or mosque.

Britian is not and was not an Islamic country, Muslims have moved to Britain over the decades and been allowed to practice their religion within this Country.
I'm not educated enough in History to say where exactly Britains decended from (saxons etc?) or of what religion they practiced. Unfortunately the fact remains that other religions have been brought into this Country from overseas (yes that could go as far back as the Saxons etc!) I'm happy that I follow no religion at all, I am not sure if Atheist is the correct description. Everyone can follow whatever religion they like, unfortunately not everyone leaves each other to it - holy wars etc

This article should be read with an open mind, as if you digest it as a whole and believe that all Muslims live this way strictly you probably wouldn't be so tolerant of people who follow Islam - I believe this is a one sided view of Muslims and you can't tar them all with the same brush. It's like saying all English are louts etc

What if Islam ruled Britain? http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/126.htm

Still the question stands if you moved to an Arab Country would you be allowed to build a Christian Church? That does not mean that I think its wrong that Mulims, Jews etc are allowed to build places of worship in this Country.

Its like Christmas lights - how can you move to a Country where you are aware of its native religion and ask them to change things as you find them offensive - its like me going to an Islamic Country and saying I find the way they celebrate Al-Isra Wal Miraj offensive!

Z
Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The majority of non-british people do
Old 03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
4x4

MattRS1600i

thanks for the twat comment

its just that every time some idiot like the thread starter wants to sit on the net to scroll through some shitty petitions web site so they can find a potentialy provocative subject and put a WHAT DO YOU THINK title on here it makes me think some people have nothing better to do and loe sstirring shit.

i've always tryed to stay away from topics like this cause they very easily become offensive. i am not muslim but still an ETHNIC MINORITY
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the woman had the police round earlier, made her remove some pig ornaments out of her window as it was offending local muslims!
im guessing that was the fashion police?
if it was the fashion police they would of had much bigger things to deal with at her house than just some orniments
Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 4x4
MattRS1600i

its just that every time some idiot like the thread starter wants to sit on the net to scroll through some shitty petitions web site so they can find a potentialy provocative subject and put a WHAT DO YOU THINK title on here it makes me think some people have nothing better to do and loe sstirring shit.

i've always tryed to stay away from topics like this cause they very easily become offensive. i am not muslim but still an ETHNIC MINORITY
Get your f**king facts straight before you start talking rubbish, the poll was emailed to me, and i wanted to hear peoples views, f**king hell didnt realise we're not even allowed to express our opinions anymore
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by skeg

Yeah right, Pon. Have you ever been into or near your local mosque?
Yes, I drive past it every weekend.

What's your point?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The reason it IS majority white kids that cause trouble as suggested is purely as a result of proportion.

.......... and I don't disagree with a lot of the comments about how ridiculous things CAN be.

A bunch of us were asked to leave Lords Cricket Ground a couple of years ago, during the England Pakistan one dayer, for having an English flag, and that having one was offensive.

Don't forget, in your example, I bet it was a white middle class person who instructed your friend to remove said ornaments - so how can you blame muslims, when it's someone else being offended on their behalf?
thats my problem rich, its not the other race's that bother me its the whites being too PC. its the whole we cannot show any patriotism anymore as its deemed racist or cannot mention another race, or a nursey ryhme, etc etc

i know the muslims etc dont ask for this and i bet half of them dont even agree with some of the stupid things that get banned cos it will make they're lives worse was they will get the blame for it
Old 03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Miss Fiesta Turbo
Originally Posted by 4x4
MattRS1600i

Get your f**king facts straight before you start talking rubbish, the poll was emailed to me, and i wanted to hear peoples views, f**king hell didnt realise we're not even allowed to express our opinions anymore
Your not allowed to anymore in Britain Cheryl!!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Katie

If they had planning permission, and they paid for it, what's the problem?

If anybody went to the C of E maybe they'd have £100m to build a Church.

Fact is, Christian attendance is dropping, membership to other religions is increasing. They want a mosque, they are paying for it, they are going to keep it tidy? Great, hopefully it's successful.

Storm in a teacup again. ''Omfgz lets get every1 owt who iznt fromm inglund if they rnt gna go 2a churkh''.

Remember, your Doctor and Dentist are probably Asian. Don't fuck with them.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Cawood
PassionFord Post Whore!!

f**king hell didnt realise we're not even allowed to express our opinions anymore
you should know that by now, this is the united kingdom the place where free speech is not allowed anymore as its racist, god i thought you would have realised that by now
Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
4x4

The majority of non-british people do

listen here love, you dont know the majority of non-british people. why make a wild inacurate comment?

ps: the majority of non british your refering to are probably the ones who are british, doesn't mean if your muslim, jew, black, brown your not british????? if your born here your a british citizen
Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oh come off it... you see it all the time... people saying 'you only arrested me because i'm black' or 'you wont give me the job because i'm not white'

people use it all the time because they know they get results from claiming someone is being 'racist'

oh and thanks for calling me 'love'

i personally blame the government
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Katie

oh come off it... you see it all the time... people saying 'you only arrested me because i'm black' or 'you wont give me the job because i'm not white'

people use it all the time because they know they get results from claiming someone is being 'racist'

oh and thanks for calling me 'love'
You also see in many UK Medical schools, the complete opposite.

''You won't take me because I'm not British Asian'' from White people.

Racism card goes both ways.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Agreed
Old 03-04-2007, 12:14 PM
4x4

Originally Posted by 4x4
MattRS1600i

its just that every time some idiot like the thread starter wants to sit on the net to scroll through some shitty petitions web site so they can find a potentialy provocative subject and put a WHAT DO YOU THINK title on here it makes me think some people have nothing better to do and love stirring shit.

it seems to be me who cant express my opinions on this. i never implied you can't express your opinion whats the point of twisting things.

it seems like yourthe ones to quickly say "we can't even express ourselves" rather than minorities using the racist card

you said "We're not allowed to express our opinions"??? who is we, would you consider yourself different from ethnics?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:16 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thats the problem with how this country is going. How many times have we seen Muslims or foreigners along with those that IMO our not true british going on about how are ways are bad or how we should be killed in iraq or whatever yet as soon as we discuss normal issues like immigration or relgion we are condemmed.

There are good and bad people from all relgions and races but i think the guests who come over here to settle get more than they would elsewhere.

On the comment made about councils doing up parks in non white areas, i agree. Just like some premiership clubs have set up training centres recruting from only non white areas. This results in players like Agbonalhor-matador etc. Even normal every days jobs have to recruit so many, SURELY its better to force companies to expell skin colour or beliefs and emply the best man for the job. Those things shouldn't matter on forms or to get a job, qualifications and experience do.

How can we be all equal if its ruled we have to push a certain group more just to compensate for higher population of white? If everyone has the same chance then those who work the hardest for it win the opportunity. Odds shouldn't matter. If you want it you will get it.

If someone told me to move from a cricket ground or whatever i would tell them to suck it and be prepared to be removed by police if need be. Just wait till Euro2008, my massive flag is coming out for all to see and any religious groups or people from other countries who don't like it can just LUMP IT. This is our sport and our country. They are associated with it and have been for years.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

'we' as in everybody.... seems no-one is allowed to voice their opinions nowadays or discuss things that are going on
Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
4x4

thats my problem rich, its not the other race's that bother me its the whites being too PC. its the whole we cannot show any patriotism anymore as its deemed racist or cannot mention another race, or a nursey ryhme, etc etc

i know the muslims etc dont ask for this and i bet half of them dont even agree with some of the stupid things that get banned cos it will make they're lives worse was they will get the blame for it
You right. I think things about you cant have a pig in your window or you cant have a flag is a lod of bullshit. i havn't come across anyone who has a problem with it why do they make people take flags down then?? maybe they have their own reasons
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Katie

And why is this starting to happen now do you think. Is it because british people are sick to the death of it and some are now sadly doing the same as them.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 4x4

You right. I think things about you cant have a pig in your window or you cant have a flag is a lod of bullshit. i havn't come across anyone who has a problem with it why do they make people take flags down then?? maybe they have their own reasons
Agreed - Most of the time the majority of people have no problem, but because 'some may be offended' it has to be stopped
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

so why do all us whites want to be sun tanned and brown then
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by T S M
so why do all us whites want to be sun tanned and brown then
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by skeg
Originally Posted by Katie

And why is this starting to happen now do you think. Is it because british people are sick to the death of it and some are now sadly doing the same as them.
It's always happened both ways. People forget how far back racism goes. For instance, British Christians would probably draw Jesus as a white man with mid brown hair, even though he would be dark skinned by location of origin. Racism, or just ignorance of his colour?
Old 03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They tryed to build one up here in The Black Country.. with a community centre with it.. claiming it would "bring us together as a communtiy".. strange as its a muslim only place!!

The idea soon got kicked out

The midlands is known for its industries not its mosques.. and i want it to stay that way!!

Quick Reply: £100m Mosque