General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bank Charges..(I feel strongly about this one!)

Search this Thread

Old 29-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyRST

Now the problem is the banks WILL NOT LOSE that amount of money they are having to pay back to customer who have been wrongly charged no matter what profits they made this year or last year, so they will sit down and work out ways to recoup it.

But it's a well known fact that when a bank has a returned direct debit it costs them around £2 all together. So because they can no longer rip you off with bang chargers they will find another way. Surely that's like saying for example: 'Let them scratch your car or they will find another way to upset you like steal your wheel's'?

Benni.
Old 29-03-2007, 09:56 PM
radiant red
Advanced PassionFord User

Default Re: Bank Charges..(I feel strongly about this one!)

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
I know this will get some backs up, but there you go.

I have just heard on the news that UK banks have suffered a 4000% increase in the amount of people claiming back 'unfair' bank charges in the last 12 months.

So, tell me this. You have all had your £2000, £3000 and £4000's back, but who will pick up the pieces? Who will suffer with the 'loss' that the banks have made?? The banks will take it on the chin? Don't be stupid.

It will be ME and every other person that can successfully manage their money and live within their means that picks up the tab with shitty interest rates, fewer beneficial services and higher charges.

Thanks!
Well said. Fair enough its unfair charging like they do but this is a very valid point well presented
Old 29-03-2007, 10:00 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trust me, I work in a bank and it does NOT cos £38 etc to return a direct debit.

Banks are fucking robbing cunts.
Old 29-03-2007, 10:18 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni

Now the problem is the banks WILL NOT LOSE that amount of money they are having to pay back to customer who have been wrongly charged no matter what profits they made this year or last year, so they will sit down and work out ways to recoup it.

But it's a well known fact that when a bank has a returned direct debit it costs them around £2 all together. So because they can no longer rip you off with bang chargers they will find another way. Surely that's like saying for example: 'Let them scratch your car or they will find another way to upset you like steal your wheel's'?

Benni.
Sorry whats your point here?

Its a FACT the bank's made that money (by whatever means legal or not) and having to give a proportion back will just make them find ways to make that money back. In the banks eyes they have made this money once but had to refund it, now the incentive is to make the money again to replace what they are having to refund, to keep their profits where they were.
Old 29-03-2007, 10:28 PM
KregRS

Originally Posted by RichardPON

I have just heard on the news that UK banks have suffered a 4000% increase in the amount of people claiming back 'unfair' bank charges in the last 12 months.

So, tell me this. You have all had your £2000, £3000 and £4000's back, but who will pick up the pieces? Who will suffer with the 'loss' that the banks have made?? The banks will take it on the chin? Don't be stupid.

It will be ME and every other person that can successfully manage their money and live within their means that picks up the tab with shitty interest rates, fewer beneficial services and higher charges.

Thanks!
So?

My insurance premium no doubt went up because of the likes of you getting banned for street racing.

People make mistakes - you should find something worthwhile to whinge about.

I've noticed no one has taken the moral high ground over that little 'mistake' of yours, so what gives you the right to do so toward those of us who are claiming our charges back.
Old 29-03-2007, 10:28 PM
andyhardy

It would be interesting to find out how many people have been charged by their bank for going overdrawn when purchasing performance parts or paying for tuning work to be carried out by the traders on here

I can see both sides of the story - there is probably a couple of thousand that I could claim due to a spate of real bad luck that I've had over the last YEAR (singular). If the amount of people claiming back these charges gets your back up that much then move to a country that's economy isn't being buoyed by large amounts of consumer debt.

The bad news is that America has been hit hard with the amount of people defaulting on mortgages - what happens there usually happens here a short while later, not that we haven't seen it all coming.

Happy 2007 everyone!

Andy
Old 29-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

My point was it doesen't cost £35 or anywhere near £35 and I don't see why I shouldn't claim it back in fear of them finding another way to take my money. I am trying to get my point across mate but I am not very good at wording it. I think you will understand what I am trying to say.

Benni.
Old 29-03-2007, 10:32 PM
KregRS

So what you going to say when the next round of claiming charges back happens? Already put in a claim to 2 of my previous mortgage companies for reclaiming their charges. Are you going to moan about that as well?
Old 29-03-2007, 10:45 PM
CabbyRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The thing is the people claiming the money back as someone said a woman in the paper was claimin 20k back i just dont see the major problem its not somebody elses money its HERS!!!!! its wat she has been charged she's adding nothing on top to be greedy its just wat she's paid.
So if the banks do start messing with interest rates etc are they saying that inorder to run the bankthey needtomakeillegal charges, i wouldnt halfmind if someone was sitting their typing out the letter that needs to be sent out to the customer but its automated FFS!!! it costs them postage and nothing more !!

Christian i can see where your coming from mate that ppl should be able to manage their funds properly , i cant talk as im claiming mine back .

In a couple of instances i was £3-£5 short for a £40 DD and the bank charged me £166!!!! Its wrong and i think ppl should claim it back no matter how small
Old 29-03-2007, 11:03 PM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

why are the banks making millions in profit each year?because theyre ripping everyone off.a few good examples on here proves it.they run the bloody country and screw joe average in the process.i wish i was perfect in everything i did in life and maybe i wouldnt have been stung seventy five quid for being overdrawn for a few hours.to add insult to injury i resent being called from india to be told by someone i cant even understand because of theyre crap english.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:22 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My point was it doesen't cost £35 or anywhere near £35 and I don't see why I shouldn't claim it back in fear of them finding another way to take my money. I am trying to get my point across mate but I am not very good at wording it. I think you will understand what I am trying to say.

Benni.
Yep understand now worded much better
Old 29-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ive never had a charge either but its no different from the old bill lying in court when you was street racing claiming you was doing well over the legal speeds and driving in a dangerous manner to make sure you was convicted

oh wait that did happen and that seemed to leave a bad taste in your mouth if i remember

oh my missus has a few quid in 1 savings account and she was getting 35 quid a month in bank charges cause shes shit with money and its her play account ( she would bankrupt us if she had access to my account that pays bills )

every month she would go into over drafts, spend OVER that by 10 quid ( shes gets a automatic 100 quid overdraft due to her account,,,, thats now stopped) she would spend the cash, spend on her bank card ALLOWING HER TO OVER SPEND !!!! and they would then charger her for it, they NEVER EVEN SENT OUT FUCKING LETTERS !!!!, first we heard about it was when she LOST her bank card and ordered a new one, she discovered she had money missing and thought someone used her card,,, it was the bank charging her 35 quid for going over drawn THEN charging her AGAIN cause the 35 quid charge made her over drawn AGAIN !!!, that was going on for wait for it

18 FUCKING MONTHS !!!! she wasnt spending like she thought, it was the ban taking money every month like a fucking direct debit,,, and THEY let her go over drawn,,, they then charged her at the end of the month that made her go over again

now when you take into account that shes got a few pennies tied up in high interest savings that cover that,,,,, infact enough to cover you years wages christian,,,, understand why i wasnt happy considering what money they already have of ours !!!

now we claimed it back BEFORE we knew it was ilegal by TELLING THEM what our savings was,, we wired it to my pension in a isa and the banks HEAD OFFICE contacted us offering us back 50% of the charges as a gesture of good will,,,, cheeky cunts i find !!!, anyway then we heard about the charges being illigal and we claimed them back,,,, thats how i bought my cossie engine 2 years ago

now my missus is a daddys girl, her family have more money than i have, shes ALWAYS been given money, she never had a fucking job till she was 21 ffs and she had that job for a year before having a child which is anoying as she dont understand the value of money OR understands when we are broke,,, her answer is to call her dad and he will stick some funds in her account

so does she deserve charges,,, considering at the time they had just under 20k in a savings account anyway ?

or are you just pissed that the people who are dumb managed to have someone help them wheres you have to get all the infomation and use it to rip off the dumb people like you do with postage charges on ebay and 2.0 pinto summer thermostats claiming as if there some sort of expensive hard to get hold of "82 degree " stat ?

christian the problem with capitalism is people seem to loose there morals as they just care about themselves,,,, ok its self preservation but ripping someone off is NO DIFFERENT than stealing or selling a new driver a car thats not fit for the road in my eyes

oh and i managed to pay a morgage and run a cossie on 8k a year at one point in my life and i STILL never had a bank charge and the ONLY reason for that is that i REFUSED to have a overdraught account and so they dont let me over spend,,, all my direc debits come out on the 2nd day of the month OR the monday rather than the friday just incase

anyway thats my rant over,,,, sorry for it being a long one but i wanted christian to know that not all the people who claim there charges are young fools who spend there cash on skunk and charlie and think "fuck the bills"

some people are just too trusting and fuck up when they realise the world is full of wankers who pretend to be nice to you
Old 29-03-2007, 11:30 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by KregRS
Originally Posted by RichardPON

Thanks!
So?

My insurance premium no doubt went up because of the likes of you getting banned for street racing

People make mistakes - you should find something worthwhile to whinge about.

I've noticed no one has taken the moral high ground over that little 'mistake' of yours, so what gives you the right to do so toward those of us who are claiming our charges back.
Rich why would your insurance premium go up because someone was prosecuted? The insurance company havent payed anything out because there was no accident, so again why would YOUR premium go up? So working on this theory IF i were to get 3 points and a fine next week for speeding, YOUR insurance will go up next year?

The only person who is paying more for having points on his licence/ban or whatever it was is the driver.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:32 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh god, a 15 page essay by Ginge, just when you thought this thread couldnt get any worse
Old 29-03-2007, 11:35 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Andy_R
Simple as i see it, if you havent paid charges give yourself a pat on the back, you've managed your money well .

If your unfortunate enough to have been charged & the bank have taken your money over the years. Then claim your money back and think carefully about how you spend it, see it as a 2nd chance, it wont happen again.

Either way no one is getting anything that wasnt theirs in the 1st place. Just some are getting a 2nd chance to be more responsible.
That is very impressivly put and diplomatic Andy

I have had the bad side of this argument happen to me, and now i am in a very different situation and l damm well make sure that i am always on the right side of the line that way i dont live in fear of a crappy letter or anything, it takes very little to fuck your credit and alot to get it back you need to be smart about these things if the banks are giving back which i believe that they should do if it is disproportinate

Also when people opened these accounts they did agree to pay what ever charges the banks levied against them or am i wrong on that part point is if you were unhappy with the level of charges levied then dont sign,

Mike
Old 29-03-2007, 11:39 PM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Thanks!
I haven't read any other posts apart from the first one, and I don't really need too!

I agree totally, why is it that I can manage my money (and I haven't usually got a lot!) but get seen off in interest rates/charges etc. because others can't!

It's nearly (and note the nearly!!!!!) the same as driving your motor with no insurance! The innocent foot the bill!

If you've got time to argue then you've got time to seek financial advice!
Old 29-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Oh god, a 15 page essay by Ginge, just when you thought this thread couldnt get any worse
oh look another internet geek joining the band wagon but aint got the bollocks to laugh in my face

mate try not to forget who you actually are when you type stuff on here, sly digs can be blown off but if you aint got the guts to walk up in a pub and make the same remark to my face just makes you a REAL cunt
Old 29-03-2007, 11:48 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hmmm, not sure on this really. There are people who really struggle to pay for even the basics and go overdrawn so you cant blame these people at all. Theres also the people who, like you say, cant manage their money properly and CAN actually afford to pay but fail to get the funds in on time or manage the dates properly.

I mean the woman who got back £20k!!! Surely she must have decent money coming in to pay for all the charges in the first place!!! Thats got to be just poor management of money.

Either way, everyones circumstances are different mate, so i think its quite harsh to blame 'everyone' who has claimed money back. Its their money at the end of the day that their just getting back so wheres the harm.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

hmmmmmm

theres 2 sides to every coin...

1st side, with which i agree....

christian,..im in agreement with you that people who are in charges month in month out for years should be killed,...oh you didnt say killed...errr,....they are dumb....and i also spend what i earn, but not over....otherwise i expect to get charged by my bank....

ok,..
2nd side...

in some extreme cases,....ie sickness, death, sudden unemployment arms falling off, whatever....the banks have no right to illegally take money from us what so ever....and this has been the case for years....

my mother has worked since day one, and father has own business...
in the early 90's, interest rates soared, and they struggled to meet the mortage....£100 s and £100s of charges later, and many loans, they got through it.....however,....the financial stress and worry they carried was THE main factor of them getting divorced.....

this is the reason people seem to be claiming back even the odd charge of £25....
its to take the power back from the banks, and let them know we are their customers and they woundlt be where they are without OUR money in the first place....

meow

carl
Old 29-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Terry Tibbs
PassionFord Post Troll

My mum is a single mum, has to run the house on her own with no help (up until the beginning of the year) she is a nurse and gets paid sweet fuck all. Rent is a lot for a 3 bedroom, so is council tax etc. etc. etc. And you wonder why she has charges. Get a grip, not everyone claiming them back is shit with money.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by S1rst

I mean the woman who got back £20k!!! Surely she must have decent money coming in to pay for all the charges in the first place!!! Thats got to be just poor management of money.

apparantly you can claim back up to 6 years worth....

thats £277 in charges,....every single month for 6 years

w.....t......f......???????

Old 29-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by c0ss1e9i6

It's nearly (and note the nearly!!!!!) the same as driving your motor with no insurance! The innocent foot the bill!
thats bollox aswell, explain how we foot the bill cause of uninsured drivers ?

how many times you seen a driver just drive off when they bumped a car or crashed into a parked car with no driver present,,,,, and not leave a not for fear of loosing there no claims,,, there the ones who makes us foot the bill

boy racers who drive high powered cars at over the speed limit and loose control and smash the living shite out of cars but dont mind cause there insured make us foot the bill

the most carfull drivers ive found and people who can not be pulled over for what ever reason,,, ive got a mate who IS insured but drove with no insurance for YEARS, hes more carefull at driving than me,,, i dont bother as much now tbh as im insured so i have a different driving style

it anoys me when people drive big powered cars,,, and id say 40% dont declare ALL there mods due to the prices ( and ive noticed its the ones driving mental tuned rs's rather than the standard or chipped ones due to the price hike) who get on there high horse with this bull shit

i remember a member on here drove with a photocopy tax disc, no mot and no insurance THEN got the money to go straight and he THEN replied just like you as if he never done it before

another one on there high horse listening to the facts told by insurance companys

well heres a thing for you,,,, ive just had to cancel my insurance today cause they fucking lied to me when i took out the policy and I FUCKING NOTICED IT cause ive been done for no insurance and i NEVER wanna get done again

they aint the fucking helpfull people mate, they just want your money and tell you lies so you pay up !!!
Old 29-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Carlsworth
Former Sponsor

they aint the fucking helpfull people mate, they just want your money

dead right
Old 29-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Carlsworth

apparantly you can claim back up to 6 years worth....

thats £277 in charges,....every single month for 6 years

w.....t......f......???????

she may have a job paying 70k a year though, she may have LOTS of thing like gym memberships, book clubs, dvd rental ect comming out and she may even transfer money into another account to save ect aswell and get sucked into it

but one things for sure,,, she earns more fucking money than me as she needs to have 277 quid a month worth of reasons to have that bill,, fuck getting married to her
Old 29-03-2007, 11:57 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
oh look another internet geek joining the band wagon but aint got the bollocks to laugh in my face

mate try not to forget who you actually are when you type stuff on here, sly digs can be blown off but if you aint got the guts to walk up in a pub and make the same remark to my face just makes you a REAL cunt
WTF, chill its a joke, its not a sly dig at you its a light hearted comment

And what does "try not to forget who i am" mean? Am i a lower life form or something ?
Old 29-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with Christian and have aired similar sentiments on here before, but a couple of points occur from this thread:

The charges weren't illegal when they were made and they still aren't, but someone somewhere has decided they are excessive. So far the banks have rolled over rather than fight a test case.

To the folk saying it isn't fair to be charged £25 or whatever amount for being overdrawn. Did you read the Agreement before YOU signed up to the terms and conditions? Charges are set out in there and if you don't like them you are free to go elsewhere. If you didn't bother reading them, who's fault is that? And just to put the same issue in another context, would it be OK to make a deal with a pal, borrow some money from him on the promise of paying it back at some given point in the future, then decide simply not to bother?

I'm old enough to remember when you had to be interviewed to get a cheque card and that was only after proving you could run a current account without going overdrawn. That was also before cash cards and widespread credit cards - in simple terms, if you didn't actually have the cash the banks wouldn't allow you to go overdrawn at all. And if you abused a cheque card by writing cheques that the bank had guaranteed but with no money to support them, you would be summonsed to the bank to surrender the card. Would that be unfair nowadays?

In this one thread, we get people against charges saying the banks have made billions by ripping us off, and others saying they've ripped us off but repaying all the money charged over the years won't even dent this year's profits. Which is it guys - profits from the charges, or not a big factor after all?

Whatever line of work you are in, do you allow customers to enjoy your skills and expertise for free? Banks make money by holding some cash from all of us and using it to invest. If we don't have money in our account, and then go and spend someone else's cash so the bank can't invest it but they still give us free cheque-books, direct debits/standing orders, cash machines etc how do we expect them to pay their staff? (You know, the ones we moan about)

And just to make it worse, if someone came into your store and stole something you would say he was a thief. But if you go overdrawn by spending some of the bank's money because you have none of your own left, what does that make you?

I'm afraid this whole issue just confirms this obnoxious belief that everyone has loads of rights but absolutely no responsibilities.

Bollocks, this makes me sound like a right banker and I'm off to bed...
Old 30-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Also, if we all began to manage are finances in an acceptable manner banks would no longer be earning a profit from are charges so would be at a loss again right? The same loss as they are at now with everyone claiming back what is rightfully there money. So whatever way you look at it they would still need to find a way to make back there profits.
Old 30-03-2007, 12:07 AM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

TBH its that sort of attuide with light hearted banter, thats turned Passionford into a shithole and i wonder why I bothered posting back on this forum
Old 30-03-2007, 12:07 AM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Originally Posted by YoungDan
trust me, I work in a bank and it does NOT cos £38 etc to return a direct debit.

Banks are fucking robbing cunts.
Tell us something we don't know!!!
Old 30-03-2007, 12:08 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I agree with Christian and have aired similar sentiments on here before, but a couple of points occur from this thread:

The charges weren't illegal when they were made and they still aren't, but someone somewhere has decided they are excessive. So far the banks have rolled over rather than fight a test case.

To the folk saying it isn't fair to be charged £25 or whatever amount for being overdrawn. Did you read the Agreement before YOU signed up to the terms and conditions? Charges are set out in there and if you don't like them you are free to go elsewhere. If you didn't bother reading them, who's fault is that? And just to put the same issue in another context, would it be OK to make a deal with a pal, borrow some money from him on the promise of paying it back at some given point in the future, then decide simply not to bother?

I'm old enough to remember when you had to be interviewed to get a cheque card and that was only after proving you could run a current account without going overdrawn. That was also before cash cards and widespread credit cards - in simple terms, if you didn't actually have the cash the banks wouldn't allow you to go overdrawn at all. And if you abused a cheque card by writing cheques that the bank had guaranteed but with no money to support them, you would be summonsed to the bank to surrender the card. Would that be unfair nowadays?

In this one thread, we get people against charges saying the banks have made billions by ripping us off, and others saying they've ripped us off but repaying all the money charged over the years won't even dent this year's profits. Which is it guys - profits from the charges, or not a big factor after all?

Whatever line of work you are in, do you allow customers to enjoy your skills and expertise for free? Banks make money by holding some cash from all of us and using it to invest. If we don't have money in our account, and then go and spend someone else's cash so the bank can't invest it but they still give us free cheque-books, direct debits/standing orders, cash machines etc how do we expect them to pay their staff? (You know, the ones we moan about)

And just to make it worse, if someone came into your store and stole something you would say he was a thief. But if you go overdrawn by spending some of the bank's money because you have none of your own left, what does that make you?

I'm afraid this whole issue just confirms this obnoxious belief that everyone has loads of rights but absolutely no responsibilities.

Bollocks, this makes me sound like a right banker and I'm off to bed...
Some good points there but i just cant see how people can blame ALL these people for going overdrawn. Many people have no option but to go overdrawn in order to live. Everyones circumstances are different, and many peoples circumstances can change overnight through no fault of their own. Maybe some people have never been in this postion before or never known people who are so dont really understand.
Old 30-03-2007, 12:09 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Also, if we all began to manage are finances in an acceptable manner banks would no longer be earning a profit from are charges so would be at a loss again right? The same loss as they are at now with everyone claiming back what is rightfully there money. So whatever way you look at it they would still need to find a way to make back there profits.
Thats a very good and valid point.
Old 30-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some good points there but i just cant see how people can blame ALL these people for going overdrawn. Many people have no option but to go overdrawn in order to live. Everyones circumstances are different, and many peoples circumstances can change overnight through no fault of their own. Maybe some people have never been in this postion before or never known people who are so dont really understand.
Folk aren't entitled to spend someone else's money to live. I've been overdrawn, with and without the banks permission (read my post and see what happened to me).

In the old days, if you had no money the bank simply didn't pay your standing orders, but still charged you for bouncing them. With no cash-card or cheque there was no way to get money out except over the counter and you can imagine what the computer said when you tried. Yet we survived. Had to make sacrifices but only spent what we earned. Really can't summons any sympathy for this idea that folk are entitled to their (?) money back.
Old 30-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

TBH its that sort of attuide with light hearted banter, thats turned Passionford into a shithole and i wonder why I bothered posting back on this forum
sorry light hearted banter is done to someone who you converse with on all aspects

if i walked up to you in the pub, not knowing you and my FIRST words to you was " oh looked theres a cunt face wanker who works in computers" then when you got the hump i replied " hey, its only ment as a joke, chill out ffs"

the FACT is the coment was ment for NO OTHER REASON than to try and belittle me,,,, as ive seen you at the essex meet before,,, we NEVER share conversation,,, so why would i share being the cunt of your "joke"

EVERYONE who knows me takes the piss out of me, i do it to everyone i know,,,, i DONT do it to people i dont like,,,, as its not banter its personal and i dont do it to people i dont talk to cause i run the risk of upsetting them,,,, when in actual fact i was making a joke

i work with 14 techs at work, i share REAL below the belt banter that includes racism, peoples children ect and ive had managers tell us to calm down as we go too far,,, but WE take it as its a joke,,, and they are REAL deep jokes you cant say to everyone who your close to aswell

so im not a touchy person,,,, i just dont feel a person who insults me then tries to hide behind the " it was ment as a joke" bullshite

maybe when we share other parts of converstation then we can make jokes,,,, i know alot of people on here and i share in piss taking with them,,, i never get touchy,,,, people was cracking jokes about when my car got nicked within a week texting me if i want cossie parts ,,,, saying " well atleast someones gonna finish the car off"

i laugh along,,, i make jokes out of EVERY bad thing in mylife as thats how i deal with shite news

so im FAR FAR FAR from touchy,,,,

this is another long post but it all means one thing

YOU NEVER MENT I AS A JOKE CAUSE YOU CAN ONLY MAKE JOKES WITH PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND YOUR HUMOR AND KNOW YOU

i aint got a clue about you so how can i make jokes about you and not talk about anything else ?
Old 30-03-2007, 12:24 AM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Originally Posted by c0ss1e9i6

thats bollox aswell, explain how we foot the bill cause of uninsured drivers ?

how many times you seen a driver just drive off when they bumped a car or crashed into a parked car with no driver present,,,,, and not leave a not for fear of loosing there no claims,,, there the ones who makes us foot the bill

boy racers who drive high powered cars at over the speed limit and loose control and smash the living shite out of cars but dont mind cause there insured make us foot the bill

the most carfull drivers ive found and people who can not be pulled over for what ever reason,,, ive got a mate who IS insured but drove with no insurance for YEARS, hes more carefull at driving than me,,, i dont bother as much now tbh as im insured so i have a different driving style

it anoys me when people drive big powered cars,,, and id say 40% dont declare ALL there mods due to the prices ( and ive noticed its the ones driving mental tuned rs's rather than the standard or chipped ones due to the price hike) who get on there high horse with this bull shit

i remember a member on here drove with a photocopy tax disc, no mot and no insurance THEN got the money to go straight and he THEN replied just like you as if he never done it before

another one on there high horse listening to the facts told by insurance companys

well heres a thing for you,,,, ive just had to cancel my insurance today cause they fucking lied to me when i took out the policy and I FUCKING NOTICED IT cause ive been done for no insurance and i NEVER wanna get done again

they aint the fucking helpfull people mate, they just want your money and tell you lies so you pay up !!!
Well in the last year my Escort Cosworth (with an insurance file of declared mods!) has been driven into by two different random drivers in two different car parks at either end of the country and they both drove off. (I don't know if they were insured or not!) you are missing the point about insurance! I never suggested that just cause somebody can't handle there finances they are not insured!! (Its probably the reason most people are in debt!)

A lot of innocent people pay for a lot of guilty peoples mistakes in this country (which is the point I think Christian was putting across!) Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule and if your in that position I wish you the best of luck!

But I've had it with fookin payin for others mistakes!!!! I do it through insurance, banking and nowadays even when I'm doing my job!

The fact that this forum is so active tells us all its a fookin bone of contention!
Old 30-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ian why do the banks NOT pay the bills YET still charge the 35 quid then also ?

ive had that before and i got the charge refunded due to my good account nature

but why NOT pay the bill and charge ?

why not just NOT pay the bill,,,,, you aint got the money, you cant pay the bill,,, its simple really

its cause people will be made to pay a charge AND a overdraught interest also

make thje system simple, no money,,,, no pay then theres no fucking charges
Old 30-03-2007, 12:27 AM
c0ss1e9i6
Franco

Burn the Bank!

(not really!)
Old 30-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

sorry but to me a mistake is the same as a accident,,, if it wasnt MENT to be done then whats the big deal ?

if theres a good reason WHY it happened,,, they let it slide the same as if my daughter pissed on your rug,,,,, would you make me buy a new rug or go " she never ment it to happen, dont worry about it"

people who cant handle there money should NOT be allowed to go over drawn from there over draught and im talking about MY OWN MISSUS HERE

she dont get the money situation, shes have 18 months worth of charges,,, FFS the bank should be telling her if i kept breaking into peoples cars i would keep getting 80 quid fines ?

help the people who dont understand, theres people who dont understand computers, you appriciate help dont you there

help each other and the world would be a better place,,,,, but then there wouldnt be as many rich people and poor people,,,,, strange that aint it
Old 30-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ginge

They make the charge to "discourage" folk from doing it again, just like speeding tickets.

Way back when, there was a lot of manual work in bouncing a payment so charges were more justifiable than now when it takes a nanosecond for a computer to say "no cash, no payment", so maybe they could do as you suggest and just not pay, without making any charge.

But if the bank ever revert to simply not paying out when there is insufficient funds, I expect we'll see the gas electric, insurance, mortgage, and everyone else charging a penalty when they don't get their money on time. And I'm willing to bet that most, (if not all) of them will have some provision for these penalties somewhere in their small print.

And then we'll moan that the bank didn't spend any of their money to write and tell us that we had no cash!

And this time I really am off to bed, so I'll catch up tomorrow or over the weekend.
Old 30-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw banks and insurance companys RIP US OFF CAUSE WE HAVE TO HAVE THEM

we cant get by in life with no bank, i never had a bank account till i was 21 and got a morgage, i always got a wage packet with cash in it every friday before then !!!!

my house contents are worth a christ load more than my car YET i pay 100 quid a year ? but thats cause its MY CHOICE

car insurance if it was by choice it would be cheeper, it used to be cheeper when there wasnt as much technology to find unisured drivers which i find strange,,,, as i know a good few people who USED to drive with no insurance but now have it as they cant get away with it these days

so that means there less uninsured,,,,, as i only know 1 person who i dont belive to be insured and its cause there too scared to use there car

so why the big deal about uninsured drivers when there is actually less than there was ?

id LOVE to see the actuall insurance takings over the last 10 years to test my theory if theres a increase in trade or a demise
Old 30-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
Ginge

They make the charge to "discourage" folk from doing it again, just like speeding tickets.

Way back when, there was a lot of manual work in bouncing a payment so charges were more justifiable than now when it takes a nanosecond for a computer to say "no cash, no payment", so maybe they could do as you suggest and just not pay, without making any charge.

But if the bank ever revert to simply not paying out when there is insufficient funds, I expect we'll see the gas electric, insurance, mortgage, and everyone else charging a penalty when they don't get their money on time. And I'm willing to bet that most, (if not all) of them will have some provision for these penalties somewhere in their small print.

And then we'll moan that the bank didn't spend any of their money to write and tell us that we had no cash!

And this time I really am off to bed, so I'll catch up tomorrow or over the weekend.
but they have a right to,,, its them who aint getting there money,,,, and usually they DO charge also

Quick Reply: Bank Charges..(I feel strongly about this one!)