General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What rear cosworth beam is actualy best?

Search this Thread

Old 22-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Sausage
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rear cosworth beam is actualy best?

Im confused reading some of the threads on beams

Theres different versions from Zoo
Adrenaline now do one
Ahmed.

Whats actauly the best for a road going track car (only about 4 trackdays a year).
Also would have to be good on very rough country roads!
Old 22-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Sausage
Regular Contributor

Old 22-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

Without a doubt Ahmeds,THE ORIGINAL AND BEST.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:30 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im intrested in this also

prices etc...........
Old 22-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Bosch Dealer
Knowbody can claim there's are the best unless all evenly test, not even BOSCHMAN!
I'm happy to put mine forward if a mag wanted to do a non bias test. I know mine are 100% quality and I'm sure the other 2 are top quality. I only started them due to being asked by various customers, If there was already something better on the market I dont feel they would have asked me to do my own version.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:34 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Why?
Old 22-03-2007, 05:34 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Danny B
Knowbody can claim there's are the best unless all evenly test, not even BOSCHMAN!
I'm happy to put mine forward if a mag wanted to do a non bias test. I know mine are 100% quality and I'm sure the other 2 are top quality. I only started them due to being asked by various customers, If there was already something better on the market I dont feel they would have asked me to do my own version.
what sort of price mate???spec etc
Old 22-03-2007, 05:35 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The Ahmed one i was offered a couple of years ago was no where near as good as the ZOO beam,not sure if he has changed the design now,Ahmeds only had camber adjustment

I run a ZOO beam,which is adjustable for camber and toe,the one you will need is the rally spec strapped beam if you run on bad roads,give Brom a ring as he is now set up to make them again....
Old 22-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I wonder where Ahemd got all his measurements from ?

The original and best is the beam he copied it from - probably a WRC item...!
Old 22-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

.....Pon its in the name Ahmed Bayjoo...you cannot argue with that....the others may be good but name counts for alot IMO.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:43 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 22-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Gregs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

how much differance do they make?
Old 22-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Dannn
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

.....Pon its in the name Ahmed Bayjoo...you cannot argue with that....the others may be good but name counts for alot IMO.
Have you ever seen one ?
Old 22-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by The Diva
The Ahmed one i was offered a couple of years ago was no where near as good as the ZOO beam,not sure if he has changed the design now,Ahmeds only had camber adjustment
Ahmed does more than one type of rear beam.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:52 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

i'm a big A.B fan..........but he charges a grand.......and as said u can do more with the others........i'm after one....time will tell who's i buy
Old 22-03-2007, 05:53 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by Billabong
Originally Posted by The Diva
Ahmed does more than one type of rear beam.
........thats just fooked up my reply......^^^^^^......
Old 22-03-2007, 05:54 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

how much for zoo rwd job...........Ł600?
Old 22-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...you get what you pay for.

....this thread was destined to fail..until i joined the party
Old 22-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Butch.
PassionFord Post Troll

Old 22-03-2007, 06:11 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

a modded beam,with all the same adjustable bits are all the same to me.

just the welding different on them.

and the rest is down to setting the beam correctly for your use.
Old 22-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

dave,ahmeds one is based on a proper built car made for a variety of terrain...ala grp a/wrc...all the others are copies...bit like most of the chip software....ahmed started all the maps the others copied and just tweaked to make it look like there own
Old 22-03-2007, 06:23 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

dave,ahmeds one is based on a proper built car made for a variety of terrain...ala grp a/wrc...all the others are copies...bit like most of the chip software....ahmed started all the maps the others copied and just tweaked to make it look like there own
but as you say.....they were copied.....so making then the same.

nearly.

they are still going to adjust the same etc....
Old 22-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Deleted by Request
Former Sponsor

...yes i agree Dave but to a layman its all about name...you got 3 people who make beams...but you only heard of one...Ahmed the biggest name in cosworth IMO...who you gonna trust?..Its an important piece of your car...

....this is no disrepect to the other people out there i just speaking the truth.

Me personally would certainly look into Dannys beam too
Old 22-03-2007, 06:31 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Ahmed,Danny and Brom......all be good imo.

so it just comes down to prices.
Old 22-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read my suspension article on the forth-coming issue of Fast Ford for an explanation as to why these are absolutely CRUCIAL to achieve a good handling Cosworth.

Regarding the beams, you pays ya money and ya makes ya choice.

The basic Zoo one starts at Ł550, you then add Ł150 for a strapped version, then Ł150 for the Motorsport spec rose joints. IMO I would definitely have these .

Ahmed's fully adjustable beam with the Motorsport spec rose joints (the only type he is prepared to supply) is Ł1k + cost of painting.

I don't know how much Danny's are.

All this is plus fitting and setting up (which is the most crucial thing) .
Old 22-03-2007, 07:34 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

do u use like lasers n shit to set them properly.......or can quick fit do them..............???????
Old 22-03-2007, 07:36 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So would the basic zoo beam give a much noticeable improvement over a standard cossie beam? What benefits does the strapped version and motorspec rose joints give you?

Reason i ask is because if i bought the basic zoo beam then i could also get chassis bars and rear strut brace from danny b and a proper front brace from captain gaybird. Or would i be better off forgetting the chassis bars and strut braces and getting the all singing all dancing zoo beam
Old 22-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by pete mcrash
do u use like lasers n shit to set them properly.......or can quick fit do them..............???????
I would only use someone that new and understood suspension intimately, so would only use a proper four wheel laser alignment place or someone VERY experienced with normal old fashioned equipment.
Old 22-03-2007, 07:38 PM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll get dingy to do mine
Old 22-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by CossieRich
So would the basic zoo beam give a much noticeable improvement over a standard cossie beam? What benefits does the strapped version and motorspec rose joints give you?

Reason i ask is because if i bought the basic zoo beam then i could also get chassis bars and rear strut brace from danny b and a proper front brace from captain gaybird. Or would i be better off forgetting the chassis bars and strut braces and getting the all singing all dancing zoo beam
WHEN you buy the next Fast Ford, you will see how critical the rear beam is. It is MUCH more important than any other item mentioned.

The strapping gives extra strength. If you are on a tight budget, I would go for the normal beam and spend the extra on the motorsport spec rose joints. Make sure you ask Brom for the extra long adjustment bolts, as his standard ones run out of thread when trying to achieve over 2 deg neg and 3mm toe-in .

By the way, there is a strut brace sitting here with your name on it, you do spell it M A D C O C K S U C K E R don't you? ?
Old 22-03-2007, 07:42 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

WHEN you buy the next Fast Ford, you will see how critical the rear beam is. It is MUCH more important than any other item mentioned.

The strapping gives extra strength. If you are on a tight budget, I would go for the normal beam and spend the extra on the motorsport spec rose joints. Make sure you ask Brom for the extra long adjustment bolts, as his standard ones run out of thread when trying to achieve over 2 deg neg and 3mm toe-in .

By the way, there is a strut brace sitting here with your name on it, you do spell it M A D C O C K S U C K E R don't you? ?
Is that the Fast Ford on the shelves now with a 460hp focus on the front or the next issue?

What about the chassis bars and strut braces. Is it worth getting them as well or just spending my hard earned on a full spec beam?
Old 22-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Is that the Fast Ford on the shelves now with a 460hp focus on the front or the next issue?

What about the chassis bars and strut braces. Is it worth getting them as well or just spending my hard earned on a full spec beam?
Next issue.

Beam first, other stuff later. Unless Danny can do you a corking deal on all three .
Old 22-03-2007, 07:46 PM
col cos1
BANNED
BANNED

im in next month fast ford aswell
Old 22-03-2007, 07:46 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Next issue.

Beam first, other stuff later. Unless Danny can do you a corking deal on all three .
im sure Danny can russle a deal up Mike.

Autronics or handling, handling or Autronics. hmmmmmmmm
Old 22-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Next issue.

im sure Danny can russle a deal up Mike.

Autronics or handling, handling or Autronics. hmmmmmmmm
Got to be handling for now IMO mate!
Old 22-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

s...bit like most of the chip software....ahmed started all the maps the others copied and just tweaked to make it look like there own
Phil about 6/7 years ago was at a show with my motor, when a grey haired guy came over & started talking, I mention my car had been mapped by Ahmed & he told be an interesting story. He had headed up a department that included a young Mr Bayjoo & when he retired his development work was taken by Ahmed, who claimed all the glory for work that this other guy had done, such is fame even if it aint warranted.
Rod
ps. I have a Zoo rear beam & Adrenaline chassis connectors, both rubbish no doubt according to you.
Old 22-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Kelv
Almost there!

Handling Rich, go for the Handling!
Old 22-03-2007, 08:08 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by Kelv
Handling Rich, go for the Handling!
Kelv,

you still alive. Where have you been
Old 22-03-2007, 08:31 PM
rapidcossie
10K+ Poster!!

I would love to try a RWD saf with a beam fitted so i could fell the diference..
Old 22-03-2007, 08:33 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Adrenaline's rear beam price is on this thread i think -

http://www.adrenaline-race.com/forum...opic.php?t=500

Quick Reply: What rear cosworth beam is actualy best?