General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

legal advice needed urgently please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21-03-2007, 07:57 PM
RSeb
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legal advice needed urgently please!!!!

about the trailer i used on saturday, from what i can tell there's about 200 quid's worth of damage done to it that i priced up on the net, the firm i hired it from have 100 quid of mine they take as security when you hire it and they came to my house on monday and took the trailer away.

they phoned me up today saying its gonna cost 400 quid to put it right, i need to check tomorow exactly what the hire agreement says but from a legal point of view, when they took it on monday i thought that was it end of.

in theory the damage could of been done after they took it away, at no point did i complete a tick check before or after the hire period (although i did check it over) and surely they could be replacing non faulty parts and just charging me cos it was due to be renewed anyway.

just wandering where i stand if anyone can shed any serious light on it, gonna speak to the C.A.B and consumer direct tomorow.