General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What was you doing on Sept 11th...........

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 08:09 PM
jonesymk2
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second that aj,not a nice thing to remember every year
Old 10-09-2004, 08:12 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was at work, someone brought a telly down and turned it on just as the 2nd plane hit, surprisingly enough, i cut the customer off i was talking to
Old 10-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

I live in the USA not the UK so not all the Yanks want to go out celebrating with me
Old 10-09-2004, 08:28 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was in ketchikan in Alaska. I had just completed the North West passage and had i/we not completed it we were booked in to the World Trade center marina the night before so would have been riught below it. I ended up watching it in a hotel live on CNN.

Does anybody think after this is still going on and the poor people at the Australian Embassy that George W is one of the only vocal people trying to get back at these heartless bastards

Mike
Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM
jomarcoz
Part of the Furniture

i was at work loading cars onto a ferry.
when i heard what happened i rushed over to the book shed to watch the young lads telly.
could not believe my eyes
i think that there are a lot of people that will never forget that day as long as they
live
sad so very sad
a total waste of life
god bless them all
posted
Old 10-09-2004, 08:31 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had jsut got back from school and was round my mates house!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:40 PM
ian rst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I was on holiday in the costa brava, had a text then went down stairs to watch it on the tv with most of the other 18-30 group in the hotel. To be honest i really believe i wont live till a good age ( 75+) there is too much terroism and violence around you could be walking home and get killed the news is full of it every day
Old 10-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Same as most! was in work and someones folks phoned in saying a plane it a building we was like oh well sad then they phoned back another one has hit pentagon!! SO was lookin on net couldnt belive it! Got home then and i was watching it with my odl man watched the 2nd one hit then the two towers fall

This is what the area is like now

Old 10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
RSCossieGaz
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking at those pictures hard to believe that 3 years ago today those towers were standing tall and now nothing
Old 10-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i wont forget what i was doin either because it was a first for me.i was changing the radiator on my 3door cossie which matt later robbed me of
hadnt attempted doin ANYTHIN on the car before but managed this job in the end.gf called and said it was on telly so drove down the rd to home and watched it in the kitchen in disbelief
Old 10-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was then getting up, old man burst into the bedroom and turned the TV on, just as the second plane hit.

Also work for a newspaper, started shift at 5:30pm. Went in early and sat in the editorial floor (along with the rest of the company) watching the events unfold.

Quite weird seeing this topic as I have just been looking at the PA picture feed here and copied a load of 9/11 memorial pictures off it.

Condolonces to all family and friends who lost loved ones on that faitful day
Old 10-09-2004, 09:38 PM
4x4pete

I was sitting on a beach in the Bahamas with my girlfriend, we were in the same time zone as New York and didnt even know it happened till about an hour after the 1st plane hit the tower.
Then we got stuck in the Bahamas for 3 extra days as
the airports were shut
Then when we eventually got out of the Bahamas we were then got stuck in Miami for another 2 days, so a 10 night holiday turned in to a 15 night holiday.

Paul check pm
Old 10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Darrone

Me and the girlfriend were in Busch Gardens in Florida when it happened!! We had done most of the park and left the last ride til last. We were queing up for one ride when we heard about the first plane. Was just on our way over to get on the last ride and everybody got evacuated froom the Park because of it.

Was very weird being in the country and being with all of the natives.

Ended up staying in Orlando for another 3 days, Holiday company paid for all expenses which was cool!
Old 10-09-2004, 10:26 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Really interested to hear Fastmaul and Ztee's take on it.

Not from a mobrid perspective, but it's so difficult to appreciate how it must have felt when you were there.

The way an American once described it made perfect sense - he said that it was comparable to experiencing an earthquake, in so much as it's the same sort of fear. He said you always rely on the ground being solid, and always there, and when it shakes during a quake, you suddenly relaise the scale of life, and how small you really are.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:42 PM
ADUSR33

i was at a job interview and got home to watch it on the box ...after seeing that programme though something stinks about the whole thing
Old 10-09-2004, 11:10 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was on my own in driving, couldn't believe it, Anyone seen the 2 hour firefighters documentry about Engine 7 Ladder 1, the first pump on the scene, amazing film, they follow a rookie firefighter on his first week and video the whole thing, imagine that as your first shout!! I cried during that documentry,sad, but some really amazing bits when they meet up at the station 10 hours latter and realise they all made it.
Very sad though, my respects and sympathy goes to all involved, I'm going to NY in December and visiting a few FDNY stations.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:14 PM
RSCossieGaz
10K+ Poster!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andyescos
I was on my own in driving, couldn't believe it, Anyone seen the 2 hour firefighters documentry about Engine 7 Ladder 1, the first pump on the scene, amazing film, they follow a rookie firefighter on his first week and video the whole thing, imagine that as your first shout!! I cried during that documentry,sad, but some really amazing bits when they meet up at the station 10 hours latter and realise they all made it.
Very sad though, my respects and sympathy goes to all involved, I'm going to NY in December and visiting a few FDNY stations.
yes i saw that very docomentary they showed it a year later,that was the only footage of the first plane hitting-i found that very show pretty moving too
Old 10-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I was at at work (managing Halfords at the time) and my mate who worked with me took a phone call, rushed back in all wide eyed and just rammed the volume up on one of the stereo's and bunged the news on. We was like "WTF?" so went next door (radio rentals) and all the tv's in the window were tuned to BBC News 24 and we wathced open mouthed at the footage. Stood for a bit then saw the second plane hit live....

As Jim said - nothing has ever effected me in that way before.... Just couldn't belive it
Old 10-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Chipperx2

I was on my way home from school wen a mate told me about it, I got home in time to see the towers fall,, I've still got semptember the 12ths Guardian, daily record and metro Newspapers. Some fucked up shit I was feelin that day I can tell u, having been up at the top eatin a hot dog not longer than a year before!
Old 10-09-2004, 11:45 PM
luke89
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was at school at the time didnt no till i got home when to ny in 2002 and we got lost so poped in to a fire station to get drirections and there was loads of pics and names of fire fights that died
Old 11-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Ztee24

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Really interested to hear Fastmaul and Ztee's take on it.

Well, erik will give you a good detail,as I don't like these type of topics for me.
But...
Just close your eyes...imagine you are across the river of NYC, with a full view of these burning towers, watching with your own eyes, seeing people jump out, scream, and watching the towers fall like a puzzle being torn apart...and the sound! The sound is something you never want to hear again. Seeing all the smoke blow over to us, me on the ground hysterical, not able to stand, watching everyone around you in shock and pain. Now open your eyes....

That is what we went through.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Woz at work having lunch when I got the news buliten on the MSN. Still at JN Financial where I worked and was still with my long term girlfriend.

Will never forget when I went up to the main board room where the tv was and watched the second plane hit the tower live on TV

Fookin terrorist bastards.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:00 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was at work - someone sent a MSN message round the office, and everyone had live link open on their desktop, watching in silence and disbelief...
Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Where was I?.....

On the morning of 911 I was already awake getting ready for work. I turn on the tv and here that a plane has just crashed into the WTC. WTF I thought!! it was just hit, when I watched on the tv. So they (the news) really didn't say what kind it was, I thought it was like a small private plane from the angle they showed.
I tell Taryn hurry and come watch tv the WTC was hit by a plane!! I told her to call our mate(I met through Taryn). To ask what he could see from his window!!(He worked for Cantor Fitgerald) We called and the phone was just busy, we called his flat mate and she didn't know what happend until we told her!! she called back crying saying she can't get through, and neither could we. I or we later found out, he was already dead
Watching TV still, Blam! the second plane hit the WTC..WTF!!!!! What just happend!!!!!!

My Way into work is to go into the WTC! I decided to call work and tell them I was going to be late! I told Taryn let's go down to the park and have a look! I brought my film camera with me. I like taking pictures as some know.
I thought hey, years from now we'll look back and say remember when the WTC was on fire!
Hmm, I was so wrong!

There I am with Taryn watching in disbelief The Fucking Towers on fire!! There must of been about 50/60 people around us watching. The news helicopters hoovering above, and 2 fighter jets flying by.

Then all of a sudden we hear a loud VERY LOUD rumble, the first tower starts to fall, people start screaming, Taryn is crying, and shaking and just is sitting on the grass slumped and crying, I look around in shock! That fucking Sound!!!!!! I can't / won't forget it.
About a minute later both Fighter jets leave in a HURRY! (which I believe shot down that plane in Pennsylvania)
Taryn and I leave the park and get closer to the river, and on the way there we watch the second tower go down, again the sound!

Taryn and I went there a couple of days later, The smell was horrible! the smoke was everywhere. Had a gone to work earlier would I be here?? who knows.

Here are some pictures for you guys, some I took, some were borrowed.

Taryn and the WTC this was about 2 sundays before 911.

A picture that Taryn took.

One of our car club hang outs.

Sunday September 9th (I had the camera on wrong setting! )

The Pictures that I took!

The first tower falling!

Borrowed Pictures
The same statue picture above with the black XR

Night view from the park with the statue

Look at the car all the way to the right!! it's an XR!!!

This is what I'll see tomorrow.

Sorry for making this so long. I hope you enjoy and respect the pictures. sorry about their size. I can't find my orginal ones.
That's what I was doing on September 11th. Everyday I go to work I see what Rhys posted.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:54 AM
kevsrs

Fuckin bin laden bastards'll do anythin fuckin alah tells them
Old 11-09-2004, 06:36 AM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I cant get over the enormity of what happened and when I saw a programme on tv that 2 french journalists had shot,I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes at the thought and sight of all those innocent people losing their lives because of those fooked up freaks and what they believe in.I was in the r.a.f and had only left 10 months earlier.I had been working for a french airline a week before that happened and was working alongside a yank who is now a very good friend.He sent a piccy to me and if I figure out how to attach it I will post it up later.I phoned my mates on the sqn I used to work on and they were forbidden to watch the tv.Dont know why?at the time it happened though I was in the garden cuttin the grass and came in the house for a bin bag to put the grass in when i noticed the footage on tv.Didnt pay much attention as I thought it was a trailer for a film and it was only when it was still on tv 15 mins later that I realised it was for real.Kept watchin then and prayin for all those people.Dont think any smilie is appropriate for this subject.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Deepest Blue
Virgin

On holiday in Tenerife.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:54 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this post a scary . i was stripping a car alarm out of a car on my mates
wifes drive way..like yesterday lisa said crash had happend
then ran in the house watched it on sky ..i said look at that
plane getting close it was the second one..
looked like a helecopter
was like a film ..unreal
Old 11-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

A very BIG BIG for Fastmaul & Ztee24 for there reply's & pictures. Must have been very hard for them to post on this discussion

R.I.P to the 2794 people who lost there lives to those evil terrorists
Old 11-09-2004, 07:24 AM
K3V HA
PassionFord Post Troll

Agree with Paul, me and my mum and dad virtually in tears reading fastmauls comments. Its a place ive alwasy wanted to visit, and even more now (i hope that doesnt sound sick), my mum and dad visited earlier this year and they said it was the most magnificent place theyve ever been to. Sorry to hear about your friend from cantor to!

Me personally will be having a moments silence today. Andy escos, i have that documentary on dvd, cry every time i watch it, along with every newspaper from the week after.

I think it changed the world forever!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Fastmaul

They are to lovely pictures of past & present
Old 11-09-2004, 08:04 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i just got a propper shiver reading everyones post

i was off work ill, and my mother had sky news on live! worst thing i ever seen, it looked like a movie!

how can these people be judged by our standards,, fucking low life scum
Old 11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

You got me welling up with tears here Eric.... R.I.P Folks
Old 11-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Sticky.
20K+ Super Poster.

Think there will be a few people like that later stu, when they read all the names out of the loved lost ones
Old 11-09-2004, 08:34 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
You got me welling up with tears here Eric.... R.I.P Folks
yes... very emotionally charged account Erik, being there is sooo different from watching on TV... Can't have been easy posting that..
Old 11-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Shell

Originally Posted by GARETH T
i just got a propper shiver reading everyones post
I second that and its very very sad what happened, but imo i think this is worse..

Saw in the paper yesterday that British Muslims (think its muslims, sorry if it isnt! ) are holding a celebration of it

Its one thing to do it but to actually celebrate it, in a country which isnt theirs, and alot of people died from and probably alot of feelings are still raw is terrible!!!

Old 11-09-2004, 08:48 AM
craigp
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I was in work when someone told me about it, I thought no one could do such a thing but when I got home and put sky news on the reality hit me.I dont know if it was just me but watching it on TV and not been able to help any one was the worst fooking experience of my life
Old 11-09-2004, 08:54 AM
ADUSR33

what the worse thing about it is the us gov had numerous warnings and did fuck all about it
Old 11-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That pic Taryn took of the towers at night is beautiful....

My parents went to NY a few months ago, said its so humbling to actually be at Ground Zero.

I've always wanted to visit NY, hopefully I'll do it next year

Quick Reply: What was you doing on Sept 11th...........