General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

advise needed on my mondeo tdci

Search this Thread

Old 13-02-2007, 09:31 PM
r5200bhp
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advise needed on my mondeo tdci

just bought a mondeo tdci 130 zetec s tonight. its only done 44.000miles on a 2002 reg.

after getting on the motorway with it it felt really twitchy on the back end??? the bloke told me he had just had the rear swing arm replaced as ford designed them wrong so you carn't replace the bushes, hence its had a complete new swing arm. do you think this could be causing this fast twitchy feeling on the rear end???

other than this the car brakes straight and pulls straight.

any help would be great.
Old 13-02-2007, 09:35 PM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check and make sure the rear wheel alignment has been done correctly as this makes them a pig on the road if not done right.
And Ford now supply bushes for the rear subframe as have fitted quite a few now !!
Old 13-02-2007, 10:18 PM
r5200bhp
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh im going to get it checked tomorrow. the bushes they supply now are only for the new style sub frames though arn't they??

is it possible that when they have replaced the sub frame they have messed up the wheel alignment?? could this be possible when doing a sub frame??
Old 14-02-2007, 06:42 AM
coco16i
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they supply bushes for all the models now as just fitted a set into a Y plate one last week.

Its very possible that they have made an asre of the rear alignment if they did it at all !! Have seen some garages just bolt up the subframe roughly in the same place as where they took it off and hope for the best !!

There are two locating pins that should be used when refitting the subframe and if the holes dont line up correctly it makes the alignment be way off and takes quite a bit of adjustment to put right, also you have to adjust the two adjusting arms the opposite way it needs to go ( if you know what i mean ! ) i.e you adjust the nearside arm to move the offside wheel and vice versa, so its easy for someone not to do this correctly unless they know the correct procedure.