General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Future of house price's...

Search this Thread

Old 16-01-2007, 11:14 PM
alistairolsen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Im 20, 2 years into a mortgage and on the up all the time. The rise in interest rates will cripple me if they continue too far and its time to wish for that crystal ball again. Do you sell, await the crash, then buy 2 properties, or hold onto it cos there isnt going to be a crash, or hold onto it, let them crash and wait for them to come back up again?
Old 16-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Neil Clark
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The house market now is completly different to the 80's. Basically it works like any other business, supply and demand. The amount of people coming into the country is massive so houses are still being built and there still needed. The market WILL slow BUT it WILL NOT crash. I'd buy asap because houses NEVER lose money over a given period (say 10 years)

I've paid my morgage off last year, i rented my other house out for a while then sold it to pay it off but i am going to buy another this year to rent out. I'm 34 and will get a 30 year morgage

Neil
Old 16-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Katie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saphlover
Originally Posted by Katie
I hope prices slump a bit or I'll be living in a tent

You and me both

obviously not the same tent but I could be persuaded
anybody else for this tent then?

could end up being one of those ones with 4 bedrooms a living room and a curtained bucket bathroom at this rate...luxury!
Old 17-01-2007, 05:52 PM
James-W
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I for one hope like fuck property prices keep going up and going up and going up and going up and going up and going up and going up and going up and going up. Well you get the idea. Now Iv'e got a few properties with no mortgages then the rent will go up and my bills won't
Heaven!

James
Old 17-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I bought a 120k house with the missus 18 months ago, had 5% deposit

Our house is now worth nearly 140k

We defo wouldn't be able to afford a house now, our mortgage advisor said she sorted out a mortgage for a 1 bed flat over here for 130k last week