General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is it possible.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:47 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible.........

Can a Cat 1 Clifford alarm cause my cosworth fiesta to run dodgy i.e cut the fuel pump on and off? Reason i ask is that the car needed a new fuel pump relay and never sorted it until one day i went to run it for a while and it ran like a bag of spanners so got straight on the phone to ford and ordered a new one but since fitting it haseant helped it atall,and before anyone says did i need the relay yes i did as it was all rusty etc inside and did cause it to run dodgy i.e if i banged it off something it would switch the pump on and off so basically now whats happening is the pump is fluttering and causing the car not to start atall now and i checked some fuses and some for the alarm were burnt out so replaced and problem still persists but when i disconnect the wire to the pump from the alarm it does pump better without stuttering so hense the reason i think its the alarm but just want some expert opinions first before getting it ripped out.

Also i read on a post a while ago in a cosworth ecu the screw at the plug end does something but what does it do? Just out of interest.

Sorry for the long post people
Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if its a 3 point immobiliser and the alarm has gone faulty on the fuel pump wire then its possible.

if its a wire free fuel pump cut then it can get interference too.

the screw on the ecu is your co screw.

mess with it at your peril!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you sure your fuel lines arent either, leaking or blocked ?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 PM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

Would check fuel lines and injectors for this first just in case, possibly coil pack as well worth a look.

My old VTR had this problem with cutting off regulary at times. found out it was a buggered coil pack and dirt in the fuel line tho (or cud b the fact that its french .

Not very oftern alarms cause cut offs to a car tho, especially clifford ones. could be a fulty relay system in the alarm system causing a shutoff of the pump as well?? if so id get clifford to replace the alarm system for you, should be done free of charge i reckon as it will b an assembly fault or something on th ealarm if it is the relay.

jus thought id say my previous problems with fuel systems and possible answers that could miby help you.

N random but where bouts in dundee are u from m8, im up there a lot and im sure ive seen ur car somewhere before up there, looks nice if its the one im thinking of
Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
snedboy
BANNED
BANNED

H19-DJA in fintry m8 and might av seen it about but doubt it as its never really out

Dont have coilpack and it dont just cut out it just wont start now.The injectors are pulsing etc ok from the sounds of it and no fuel leeks or anything and certainly no dirt either pmsl.Its defo ignition side of things or the alarm as its been running fine for long enough now just started this last week there and ive had nothin but trouble with the alarm hate clifford alarms total sh*te!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by snedboy
H19-DJA in fintry m8 and might av seen it about but doubt it as its never really out

Dont have coilpack and it dont just cut out it just wont start now.The injectors are pulsing etc ok from the sounds of it and no fuel leeks or anything and certainly no dirt either pmsl.Its defo ignition side of things or the alarm as its been running fine for long enough now just started this last week there and ive had nothin but trouble with the alarm hate clifford alarms total sh*te!!!!!!!!!
sure i seen it out one day last year but dont ask me when, was up at Inchure at a m8s house seeing his R33 GTR and working on my old Nova that i had and had to pop out for some parts and sure i seen ur car when i was in the nova(yellow and silver one at crail regulary with the new owner, u might have seen it??)

Best stick to Cobra Alarms m8, always used them in my cars n never had a problem with them really.

Try contacting Clifford and arranging for an enginner to take the alarm out to replace it if they will do it for free, and if they will do that then try staring her with the full alarm system taken out. If it Starts up fine without it in the car, then u have ur problem.