General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mint 3 Door smashed up by garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 AM
DENNIS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biscuittin
sorry to here about you're car
i work in a garage and after working on a car we allways road test them to make sure they are ok
not sticking up for them crashing youre pride and joy just may be shedding some light as to wht they took the car out !!!!!

same as, i work for a dealer and most jobs have to be road tested, whether it be a 40 year old shit box or a brand new exotic. how pissed would you be if you payed them loads of cash to fix your car and you drove home to find its still the same !!!!

now i'm not saying that its OK that they have crashed it , cos it ain't.
but as i drive prob 20 different cars each day it will happen at some point, and it has to me ( been hit up the ass twice in customers cars )

not a nice feeling for me or the customer. ( the garages liability insurance will pay for it, providing they have it witch they should )

you have the ball, you can pick who you want to fix it and they ( if they are a repeatable dealer / garage ) should pay for it with some compensation, be it free work ( if you trust them still ?? ) or a cash refund.

as mentioned a free clean is just a good bit of customer care...

all the best getting it sorted , make sure it looks as good as it was before you accept it back.....

get some pics up ????
Old 01-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Dunccoss
PassionFord Post Troll

I whould take it John Taylor and get him to quote on it and then go and see the garage and say

This is hwo i want to repaire it and this is the quote that you will pay in full
Also have spoken to the RSOC and belive that my car has been de valued "x amount" due to the damage and i also want that as well, if not you can buy the car off me for its agreed value
Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

basically i would be wanting the repairs done to the best possible standards and then compensated for the devaluation of the car on resale of it. just look at the value of RS 500's some are for sale at 25k+ for good ones and surely there is a possibilty that the value of his 3dr could possibly go up and up.

Dont know how he really feels and suppose we wont, but if it was my escos or similar i would be gutted and want a replacement to a better standard(if possible) for the inconvenience, at no point should this guy lose out because of the incompetence of a trainnee mechanic or what ever he was. this case is worsened because of the type of car for sure.its 8k worth of car not peanuts is it!!

on the other hand in this day and age can you imagine peoples reactions if he comes to sell it after been repaired, i can see it now

"THATS THAT COSSIE THAT WAS CRASHED BY A APPRENTICE AT A GARAGE ITS HAD PANELS AND PAINT, I WOULD STAY CLEAR OF IT" ITS NOT WORTH AS MUCH AS A MINT ONE
Old 01-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K5SSY

on the other hand in this day and age can you imagine peoples reactions if he comes to sell it after been repaired, i can see it now

"THATS THAT COSSIE THAT WAS CRASHED BY A APPRENTICE AT A GARAGE ITS HAD PANELS AND PAINT, I WOULD STAY CLEAR OF IT" ITS NOT WORTH AS MUCH AS A MINT ONE
How true
Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gutted for you mate.....

I've been on the other end of the scale........... damaging a customers Saff Cossie.....over £2000's worth about 4 years ago, I felt like a complete tosser and what made it worse was all i was doing was moving it round the workshop slower than walking pace......

Good luck with your predicament

Steve
Old 01-01-2007, 12:30 PM
KEVFRST
Regular Contributor

agree with the above, take it someone like John Taylor for a quote and have him repair it and look for compensation. I wouldnt accept the garages offer to reapir the car as said above its going to be a quick/cheap job just to get you out of there hair.

good luck with it.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DENNIS

When mine goes to teh main dealer i tell them not to road test it and they just say they cant guarentee the work which is fine with me.

But my cossie i did mysef or anything i couldnt do me mate micky used to give me a hand with, tbh he's the only person i trusted with my cossie
Old 01-01-2007, 01:16 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by wolfylad
Originally Posted by davemark
Try to avoid insurance mate ,as i think they will write that off, the inner wing looks damaged too

And that car dont look very dirty to me

Can i not get the car back if its written off? As a cat d write off?
Hi mate, thats sad. I had a little bumper bender in S1 18months back. Rolled into some one in traffic. Headlight, bumper, corner piece, & vert slight damage to front panel where headlight mounts. Ins Co wanted to write car off due to its age, even though it has an agreed value of 4k and so little damage. I asked if i could have the car back after and was given a straight NO. I told them that I didnt want to claim & fixed it myself for £40. I have heard this from a few of my mates lately that Ins Co dont like giving them back anymore after a claim. In my opinion you have 2 options in this sad situation. 1 Get someone well respected to quote & let the garage foot bill. 2 Get valuation for your car in it pre accident condition and make garage buy car from you. The sad thing about this is the car looked very genuine & if it has never had a panel before this is a crying shame. Its up to you mate, whatever happens I hope you come out of it OK. All the best
Old 01-01-2007, 03:39 PM
DENNIS

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
DENNIS

When mine goes to the main dealer i tell them not to road test it and they just say they cant guarentee the work which is fine with me.

But my cossie i did mysef or anything i couldnt do me mate micky used to give me a hand with, tbh he's the only person i trusted with my cossie
that's one way round it, at least they no not to drive it.
but as they say how would you feel if it was not right ????

if you can fix it your self top man, or get some one you can trust to do it and you are sorted !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

DENNIS

When i say i tell them not to drive it, it when it goes in for a service ie oil filter etc so imo there is no need to drive it. There is nothing thet do that cant be visually inspected by starting the car up on the ramp and looking for leaks
Old 01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Thats fuckin terrible!! I'd sue the cunts and report them to the fuckin police!

Get a decent garage with a better reputation to repair it and make the fuckin cunts foot the bill!

Shocking!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dan

Tbf how is it terrible its an accident, i know its not nice but accidents do happen.

So what are the police going to do?????????????

The garage has said they would repair it with all genuine bits which they obviously think is ample and to ost people it would be

I think the owner needs to explain to the manager calmly that it will nver be the same again and how it was a rare undamaged car and it will never be that again thus loosing value. I'm sure they will understand if he explains exactly what the crack is with it not being a run of the mill car

People make me laugh sometimes shouting and balling at people and demanding this and that, the best way to be is calm and civil
Old 01-01-2007, 04:28 PM
melzieann
Advanced PassionFord User

FUCK ME (pics) hit a luton van step my arse air saw and sledge hammer more like
i feel for ya bud and i wouldnt let them off lightly either its outragous(sp) and wrong
Old 01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
DENNIS

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
DENNIS

When i say i tell them not to drive it, it when it goes in for a service ie oil filter etc so imo there is no need to drive it. There is nothing thet do that cant be visually inspected by starting the car up on the ramp and looking for leaks
that's fine mate, but some times it is best to have some one who drives lots of the same model car ( as I'm sure it was not the case in this instance ) as some times i drive a car and think how the fu*k do they drive this, be it on boost misfires or poor performance to vague handling / brakes ( not things you can visually see ). when i talk to some customers they are oblivious to these faults, one bloke even told me that the dealer he brought his car from told him that his engine management lamp is supposed to flash when you accelerate, no that's your cat getting killed!!

i know most are a bit clued up now days and not all are like that, but you would be surprised by how many there are.....

incidentally the police will have no interest as its in there care ( supposedly ) with your permission, the down side of going through an insurance company is it will be recorded and show on a HPI check....

BTW the only people who have driven my car since i have had it is me, my missus and Paul hills !!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

<< real tears for you mate. Those photos look really bad.

Have read the full thread and some people are maybe going over the top with their replies. Admittedly I too would be absolutely furious that my pride was damaged in such a bad way (not as if they've slightly scratched the paintwork is it! )

On the plus side, you weren't injured...and it wasn't your fault so you will not haveot pay for the repair. Just make sure you are not out of pocket either on the standard of the repair, or any re-sale value.

Good luck on the repair. As said, make sure it's someone good (John Taylor for example..but plenty others out there) and try ot get photo history on the variuos stages of the repair to prove it's been done properly: firstly for your peace of mind, secondly for re-sale proof.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:15 PM
wolfylad
Banned
BANNED

Just dont wanna loose out
Old 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
D-Sport
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by wolfylad
The inner wing is bent and creased
Im sure ive seen someone on here ,thats selling a NEW 3 door shell !!!

Buy that them give them the bill for it +paint+ your time transfering all the bits over
a chap in middlesbourough called dave has a brand new shell, his number from ireland is 00447757722264
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Drop the 044 and you have the number from england.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Dave Parker
Advanced PassionFord User

must of been a high step that hit. foookin ell

more like a tail lift
Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

sorry to hear that.

Outer passenger wings are no longer available - altho they were a few years back - knew i should of kept some spares

id say that will repair, if you can get the garage to foot the bill and you earn some nice £££ out of it you will not be that bad off.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

christ i cant read anymore of these replys with threats of getting the mafia and shooting there children and there friends as pay back

look i WORK at a garage,,,,, EVERY CAR is test driven AND washed after they work on them and get oily bits on em,,,,, as what would you say if you had work done on your car and it came back with oil all over it,,,,, its comon sence mate

NOW as for the car being a expensive car,,,,, ITS WORTH 8 FUCKING GRAND most of the cars they will be working on will be worth that amount AND MORE

we have BRAND NEW cars with paintwork done on em,,,, the most comon is the cars when they come off the transporter,,,,,, our VERY FIRST focus ST had a new bumper on it for that reason

as for the " it aint gonna be worth shite when its repaired" BOLLOX

tell me HOW MANY cossies have had new wings done to em and they aint in HPI,,,,, my old cossie had 2 new fucking rear quarters done and that was fucking HPI clear,,,,, never affected the price of it tbh

the BEST way to deal with this situation is get them to repair it AND then pay the difference in the loss of value what you will have to get proved,,,, the only downside is what happens if they agree THEN have the car checked over and find the door/rear/side/WING had been repaired before,,,, they would then argue that the car already has been welded at some point so isnt worth the same amount as a mint 3 door

but i would take redkops advice,,,, shes not silly and makes sence

the quotes about the tea boy driving it to the wash bay

why would you take a top mechanic off the jobs all the time to drive a car 500 yards to get the car washed,,,,, what would the tea boy be doing as he cant do the major work so he gets the donky jobs,,,,,, happens in EVERY BUSINESS mate

your all acting like this cause its a 3 door,,, if it was a mk3 xr3i then i doubt anyone would have even read the post in the first place let alone reply on it with the death threat remarks

accidents DO happen,,,, most people who work in the game for over 6 months cant be fucking arsed to rag cars,,,, as they do that EVERYDAY anyway so it becomes boring,,,,, but like when you passed your test you would drive ANYWHERE and ANYONE just so you could drive your car,,,,, now you wouldnt even drive your missus to the hairdressers as it seems a chore
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

GUTTED

dont agree about a car park shunt. bit faster than that in my eyes to damage the inner wing like that

the guy admitted he was out in it anyway
Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Ginge !
christ i cant read anymore of these replys with threats of getting the mafia and shooting there children and there friends as pay back

look i WORK at a garage,,,,, EVERY CAR is test driven AND washed after they work on them and get oily bits on em,,,,, as what would you say if you had work done on your car and it came back with oil all over it,,,,, its comon sence mate

NOW as for the car being a expensive car,,,,, ITS WORTH 8 FUCKING GRAND most of the cars they will be working on will be worth that amount AND MORE

we have BRAND NEW cars with paintwork done on em,,,, the most comon is the cars when they come off the transporter,,,,,, our VERY FIRST focus ST had a new bumper on it for that reason

as for the " it aint gonna be worth shite when its repaired" BOLLOX

tell me HOW MANY cossies have had new wings done to em and they aint in HPI,,,,, my old cossie had 2 new fucking rear quarters done and that was fucking HPI clear,,,,, never affected the price of it tbh

the BEST way to deal with this situation is get them to repair it AND then pay the difference in the loss of value what you will have to get proved,,,, the only downside is what happens if they agree THEN have the car checked over and find the door/rear/side/WING had been repaired before,,,, they would then argue that the car already has been welded at some point so isnt worth the same amount as a mint 3 door

but i would take redkops advice,,,, shes not silly and makes sence

the quotes about the tea boy driving it to the wash bay

why would you take a top mechanic off the jobs all the time to drive a car 500 yards to get the car washed,,,,, what would the tea boy be doing as he cant do the major work so he gets the donky jobs,,,,,, happens in EVERY BUSINESS mate

your all acting like this cause its a 3 door,,, if it was a mk3 xr3i then i doubt anyone would have even read the post in the first place let alone reply on it with the death threat remarks

accidents DO happen,,,, most people who work in the game for over 6 months cant be fucking arsed to rag cars,,,, as they do that EVERYDAY anyway so it becomes boring,,,,, but like when you passed your test you would drive ANYWHERE and ANYONE just so you could drive your car,,,,, now you wouldnt even drive your missus to the hairdressers as it seems a chore
So if this was your car you would be ok about it??? The car is fucked,the tea boy was either speeding or he is blind!!!!!!!! How can you miss a van/truck
Old 01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
SteveB
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Waffle but true....
How can you miss a van/truck

Thats why its called an "accident"
Old 01-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Steve_B

Waffle but true....
How can you miss a van/truck

Thats why its called an "accident"
More like careless

But anyway wolfy lad ,as above go for the new shell
Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

will actually be worth less with a new shell though
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

will actually be worth less with a new shell though
Cant see why.aslong as you keep pictures etc to show why the shell was replaced
Old 01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

cause its a non original shell,,,, think about it for a moment

would you pay the same money for a reshelled classic ?

he would be just as good getting the car repaired and take pictures to show the quality of the work that was done !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cause its a non original shell,,,, think about it for a moment

would you pay the same money for a reshelled classic ?

he would be just as good getting the car repaired and take pictures to show the quality of the work that was done !!!
Yeah i would pay the same aslong as the shell was new
Old 01-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

ok YOU would,,,,,,, but the insurance companys/registrars wont as it dont mean its a quality build

also as ALREADY SAID,,,,,,, LOTS OF COSSIES HAVE HAD NEW WINGS !!!!

and i do mean LOADS of them !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:27 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge i worked at a garage once which sold nearly new bm's and mercs, had lots of expensive customers car sin for servicing etc

AND EVERY MORNING the silly cunt showing off t0 the 16 year old apprentice would come out the garage sideways and loadsa steam out the exhaust where they were cold THRASHING THE FUCK OUT OF THEM

could easily of happened that they took it for a spin/ thrash and crashed but you just wont ever know
Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

totally agree with Ginge's coments.

it wouldnt affect the value too much if u took loads of pics to show the reason its had a new wing etc is because its been driven along something, not because its had a 40mph crash or whatever

best of luck with gettin it sorted mate
Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

that aint a big smash though,,, thats just been ripped by a sharp tail lift

and if that garage done that then hes a VERY sad person,,,,, as i used to have fun with cars when i started at work but now i cant even be bothered to go outside and LOOK at peoples cars let alone rag the shite out of em

hell i can drive a ST every day to collect the lunches for people and i STILL cant be arsed to

even got offered one for the weekend if i drove my boss to gatwick at 4am on the monday and i said never took the chance ( he was suprised as well)
Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 PM
antony215
Escort Rs Turbo

Id be PISSED but as said the kid did'nt mean to hit anything even if he was driving it like a plum he did'nt say "OH LOOK LETS RUN THE SIDE OF THE CAR DOWN THAT" the kid would have been insured to drive it on the garage insurance (i would have thought so anyway) if he was why should'nt he drive it. As long as the garage are willing to sort it all out to YOUR!! satisfaction then let them. As anyone in the car game will know accidents happen no matter how good a driver you "THINK" you are.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

Originally Posted by antony215
if he was why should'nt he drive it.
I'd like to think any garage I took my car to didn't just let anyone from the garage drive it: especially if I had something like this.

I had to have the clutch cable replaced on my S2 at a garage I didn't know once, came back & they ragged it as the turbo timer showed how much peak boost they'd ran. They denied it even tho I had proof
Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Sierra-RS...em120070665123

Heres one thats had a new shell, ive never seen this about !!! Looks mint
Old 02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rs shawn
Originally Posted by antony215
if he was why should'nt he drive it.
I'd like to think any garage I took my car to didn't just let anyone from the garage drive it: especially if I had something like this.
So what do you think happens at a garage then?

The nice pretty girl on reception will be driving it and treating it like her baby?! no, it doesn't happen like that. As ginge said mechanics in most garages drive alot more expensive cars than a £8k sierra, to the mechanic it'll be just another wheel bearing on another car.

Someone mentioned that somewhere he worked - xr2i-carl - they mucked about in customers cars, sideways in and out of the workshop, it happens in the best of main dealers, you'd be suprised as to them it's just another e class worth £30k, means nothing when your driving them all day everyday.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 PM
rs shawn
S1 Database Editor

I wouldn't expect one of the young lads to be out in it that's for sure. It may only be an £8k sierra to some mechanics, but any garage worth their salt will recognise that it doesn't matter if the car is worth 8p or £800,000: ANY customers car should be driven by someone experienced enough to handle that particular car and ensure it is not "mucked about in" as you put it and driven with the care the owner does.

Maybe the lad driving wasn't being a tw@t and showing off, but he maybe shouldn't have been driving it in the first place.
As said at the beginning..it doesn't look very mucky to go for a wash
Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prehaps it had already been washed and was on the return journey?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
wolfylad
Banned
BANNED

Default fixing

A Garage called Thomovaux have offered to repair it, does anyone know them from cumbria?

Quick Reply: Mint 3 Door smashed up by garage