General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Liverpool FC takeover

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 AM
bud-weis
Football Cwazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not? teams have won the premiership with worse players than those two!!

and Agger is still very young and not getting that many games......he has shown enough to hint at an amazing career IMO

You have to remember we aren't in a position to go and buy big names just for the sake of it,it's a huge risk that we can't afford.......

the likes of Bellamy will do a good job for us once settled in,don't forget Rafa has had to offload so much shit that the team has been constantly changing since he arrived.....
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

im against this big time!!!!

MANUSA
CHELSKI
LIVERAI

3rd one doesnt sound right does it!!!!

Keep liverpool scouse!! why oh why cant they take the money off the guy who owns his own business building houses or something like that and is begging to buy the club who is also english and is a liverpool fan not somebody who thinks they can make a quick few quid.

we dont need a new ground....the road behind the main stand is derelict why cant we put another tier on it like we did on the centenary stand?

I detest chelsea and manu with a passion, this would put us in their bracket and i would hate to see us tarred with their shitty brush.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redrsmk5
im against this big time!!!!

MANUSA
CHELSKI
LIVERAI

3rd one doesnt sound right does it!!!!

Keep liverpool scouse!! why oh why cant they take the money off the guy who owns his own business building houses or something like that and is begging to buy the club who is also english and is a liverpool fan not somebody who thinks they can make a quick few quid.

we dont need a new ground....the road behind the main stand is derelict why cant we put another tier on it like we did on the centenary stand?

I detest chelsea and manu with a passion, this would put us in their bracket and i would hate to see us tarred with their shitty brush.
the guy who you refer to as " the guy who owns his own business building houses ", is steve morgan. he was having trouble getting Ł80 million together, never mind the Ł450 million to buy the club, and the Ł200 million to build the new stadium, so that was all pie in the sky, yes he's a liverpool fan, and as a fellow liverpool fan, i would also love to own liverpool fc, but it doesnt matter whether you got Ł80 million like him, or Ł80 like me, niether of us have the amount of money its going to take to buy and run a club the size of liverpool. i am also against liverpool turning into ' the new chelsea ', i believe you should win things, not buy them, but as my younger brother said the other day, its 2006, not 1986, this is the way modern day football is, and if another club cant compete with chelsea off the pitch, they will never compete with them on it. i think he's got a point tbh, so if there is gona be another club that compete with chelsea, as a liverpool fan, it might aswell be liverpool. but there have been no signs that d.i.c, if they do buy liverpool, are willing to sign any player for any amount, yes they want to buy the club, yes they want to build the new stadium, but as rafa said today, a new ground with a bigger capacity, means more paying fans, and more money for the transfer market. now that to means the money wont be available for players untill the new ground is up and running, and i havnt heard any where that d.i.c are going to give rafa Ł100's of millions for the transfer market, the money is to buy the club, and build the new ground. but d.i.c havnt even bought the club yet, so this is all pie in the sky aswell, but its a waiting game, only time will tell.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
soniceffect
Vbullet1n Junkie

Wont be any teams owned in the uk soon at this rate .... Sad really
Old 07-12-2006, 03:04 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by addiction
Originally Posted by Series1Dry
Ł400million . . . 1/2 the price of Man United
man u was was aquired for Ł560 million!! most of which was borrowed!! they are now Ł250 million in debt well done mr glazier

Actually the takeover value was for around Ł800m not Ł560m. I think you are confusing the figures of what they needed to rasie in various ways not the actual total. The hedge loans, other loans and what is actually secured on the club.

They recently refinanced it raising the debt but reducing the interest.

Don't forget around the time of the Treble and after the club hit Ł1b value. So to say United is only worth Ł100m or so more than Liverpool is a bit silly.

United obviously makes huge profit even when they do poorly and no doubt the Glaziers are wealthy earning elsewhere but Either way the Glaziers is a bad thing there. The last 2 summers transfer activity has resulted in a + not a - which is a bad sign.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 AM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GTechR
Originally Posted by Hardeep_Singh
how come we were in debt?
Too be honest Hardeep most prem clubs are, ManU to be fair to them "where" one of the few teams in the black, until the glaziers put them also in debt

Were? They still are really. Every year they make profit and don't generate a debt. Someone has taken them over and borrowed against the club like people do against their homes. So they can build on their buisnesses its not actually Uniteds debt that they created and wont be unless Glaziers stuff up somehow. United dont overspend.

Even so at which point the club will hardly go down the pan as they will just sell it on. Can you imagine the interest it would cause? Remember Fox and Sky owner Murdoch? If United wasn't private owned and was still on the stock market now then bids would be happening now.

As i say its not like Leeds United or how Real madrid got into Ł200m debt ages ago. The glaziers can afford the loans just as most sensible people can afford to loan against their homes if an opportunity pops up, its not quite the same as having huge credit card bills and bad debt. Its servicable.

As for Chelski their money is a loan according to Peter Kenyon and needs to be paid back so if Roman leaves its belly up. I heard Sheffield United Chairman is going to loan the Club Ł5m for players too.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

What a lot of people don't seem to get is, DIC will only be buying the 51% held shares by David Moores and probably the 9% held by Granada.

Also in the weird field of accounting.... Liverpool don't actually have an 80m debt. In reality the debt isn't that much.

Taken from a Liverpool forum but figures are only as an example....

LFC sell 30,000 season tickets - for which they contract to provide a service, in this case the service is 19 League matches (plus any other 'perks' such as ticket priorities etc).

As soon as they receive the money in for the Season Tickets, let's say the amount is Ł18m, they are considered to be in debt for that amount as they have not yet provided a service that has been paid for by their 'Customers'.

The debt diminishes every time a League game is played at Anfield as that service has then been provided.

DIC won't have to buy fans shares to complete their investment in LFC unlike the Glazers did wanting to reach the 75% level of shares needed to make the offer unconditional and essentially own ManU. That's why Shareholders United was formed to try & prevent the Glazers buying the club. The loan that the Glazers took out to buy up the shares about Ł250m + was passed on to the club for the club to repay it along with the interest, thus the showing of ManU as in debt.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, or as he's apparently become known in liverpool, sheikh mo , has his own website.

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/
Old 08-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Do the Dubai group DIC have ulterior motives?

Taken from another site....

Occasionally RAWK gets contacts from the press. Most of the time it's the usual begging letter from national sportswriters asking how many L's in Benitez or what shape is a football etc. However occasionally we get to hear from journalists who don't normally cover the world of LFC. The email below was received yesterday and was so significant that we've decided to publish it, to respect the confidence of the journalist concerned we've witheld his name.

WAXWORK NEWS (INCORPORATING WAXIFORM SIMULACRUM MONTHLY)

Content Embargoed as per agreement with Madame Tussaud's.

TUSSAUDS APLAUDS, ANSARI HAD ANSWER TO DUMMY DEFICIT.

When Dubai International Capital acquired the prestigious 'Tussauds Group' there was much talk of how they would overcome the difficulties posed by the rising cost of raw materials in the waxwork industry. As regular readers of this column will appreciate Tussauds were struggling to finance the manufacture of the latest celebrities leading to the unfortunate incident where a recycled 'Fern Britton' waxwork was revealed to be composed of Rusty Lee's chest and Christopher Biggins buttocks. For a high profile operation such as Tussauds such coverage can be highly damaging and it was clear that any new owner would have to ensure new supplies were secured if the business were to prosper.

DIC have long been known as shrewd investors but even seasoned industry watchers have been impressed by the coup they announced last week when their interest in purchasing Premier League Football Club, Liverpool FC was revealed. At a stroke it appears Sameer al-Ansari, the innovative head of DIC has solved the supply difficulties which plagued Tussauds previous management.

Industry analyst Guy Matthews explained how the deal will work:

'Ansari knew that Tussauds has to have fresh supplies for the business to work. A recent visit to the home of Liverpool Football Club gave him the answers he needed. Approximately 13,000 wax dummies are located in the Main stand alone. They're not of the highest quality, we estimate about 2,400 won't pass the 15 metre believability test but even those should be suitable for use as daytime television presenters. DIC haven't begun analysing the contents of the other stands but judging by the deathly pallor, stony silence and stone like rigidity on display we can safely assume that Madame Tussauds will be able to fulfill their dummy requirements for the immediate future.'

Al-Ansari has so far made no comment about the deal. A smirking executive from Madame Tussauds would only confirm that they were in discussions with Earls Court and the Millennium Dome as part of 'long cherished' expansion plans.

When Waxwork News approached the Liverpool FC for comments concerning the links between Liverpool FC and Waxworks we were referred to their ticket office. Unfortunately we have yet to receive a response as this article goes to press.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lol