General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What's involved in adding a room thermostat to a c/h system?

Search this Thread

Old 19-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Gadget
Spanner monkey

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default What's involved in adding a room thermostat to a c/h system?

And anyone near peterborough want a job
In our last house, we had a thermostat in the living room so we left the heating constantly on and just set the stat, this house has got stats on the rads and just the usual heating and water control timer, i 'd like to add a stat into our dining room and as i'm decorating now and have pulled the ceiling down, now seems to be a good time to do it, i'm pretty good at diy / wiring and plumbing and stuff but i don't like touching stuff i'm not 100% on, i haven't got the instructions or wiring diagram for the control unit so i may purchase a new control unit and room stat but wondered if anyone on here would fancy the job of wiring it up? as said, i've got no ceiling up at the mo and i can channel the wall out so it would literally be a case of wiring up, Anyone close and up for it?
cheers, Gadge
Old 19-11-2006, 06:17 PM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you get the wiring instructions with new stats mate.I did with mine and it was wee easy.
Old 19-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Gadget
Spanner monkey

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've seen a flush mount digital stat on flea bay and it says it requires 3 wires, how do i connect it in to the controller with no diagram for the controller htough, thats the bit i'm stuck with, even if i got a new controller with instructions, i still don't know what the wires are doing!