General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

pc help again!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc help again!!!!!

right updated pc which was still on 98 to 2000, all good but it wiped a display driver my motherboard needs,reinstalled off supplied cd and now it gets to the windows background with windows is starting up and it then reboots.Tried to boot in safe mode and uninstall but it says vga must be switched off to uninstall which i cant seem to do.

Ill format as nothing of importance on but if i go to format it says that something is running and it cant lock drive to format, any ideas??
Old 12-11-2006, 05:14 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Old 13-11-2006, 09:23 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Have you tried just dumping a bootable O/S CD in the drive and reinstalling Windows on a newly created partition. The drive will be unlocked then as Windows won't even have loaded.

Whats the graphics card type BTW, might be able to find you a better driver.

Cheers

Matt
Old 13-11-2006, 09:35 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Hi Danny, it won't let you format on Win 2k. You need to set your bios to boot from CD, and it will run windows setup from there, which formats the drive as part of the process. Before you do this, I suggest you download USB drivers for your board for Win 2k if you don't have them already as Win 2k is a bit funny with it.

Let us know how you get on.