General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

One for the PC tekkies

Search this Thread

Old 31-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One for the PC tekkies

OK as some of you know I work at the NEC..

The halls are VERY big, and we may poss have a project to hand in 2011

But my boss wants me to get back to him tomorrow morning with viable ideas regarding FLOODING the whole of the NEC for a particular show with WIFI.

I had a few ideas, regarding repeaters, 72 port POE hubs etc etc, but bearing in mind that these halls will be FILLED with stands so will need loads of access points/repeaters if thats the route.

Wondered if anyone else had any ideas?

Price no object

Old 31-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

BTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Old 31-10-2006, 09:52 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Blimey mate that sounds like a very big job! Have you tried getting in contact with the biggies like Cisco/Linksys for advice? Am sure they advise if you buy from them!!!
Old 31-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Yeh we have done, but this kind of thing has to be signed off as you can well imagine.

From what I can tell, this show we have (ITMA) which we only have every 4+ years, sounds liek this might be one of their expectations

and rightly so, we ARE implementing WIFI for the whole of the NEC but with corporate divisions, you can understand we need signatures upon signatures upon signatures....

My argument was, you canimplement this kind of infrastructure for a show, but why? It needs doing properly and left in situe, or you are gonna be left with a SHIT load of wireless ap's, cabling, labour all gone to waste....

My bosses boss asked me so just trying to help my boss
Old 31-10-2006, 10:10 PM
UBster
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Your along the right lines, multiple Cisco Aironet 1200 Access Points will do the job, if it's not your bag though just make a phonecall and contract someone in to do it Hint*