General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Gauge help needed please, Racetech oil pres/temp

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2006, 02:10 PM
spudmurphy
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge help needed please, Racetech oil pres/temp

Has anybody got a Racetech combined oil temp / oil pressure gauge handy to look at or installed one recently?

I bought one the other day and received it last night, when having a look at it I’m wondering whether there is something missing. Its got a sensor hard wired into it, I’m guessing by looks it’s the oil temp sender, on the other side of the back of the gauge is a threaded union with a hole in it that I’m guessing should be for the oil pressure. I’ve not got anything that would go on that though

Am I right in guessing that it should be for the oil pressure, and if so should I have received some sort of sender or do I need to supply that myself?

I’ll try and put some pictures up in a bit.

Any help is much appreciated
Old 24-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Fast Guy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one many years ago (PT1040) The oil temp is hard wired in. Mine eventually stopped working. Try to keep any bends quite smooth with no tight turns. I think there was an adapter that I tapped my sump to take, and them the sender screwed into that.
The other connection is for the oil pressure gauge. I think you have to get it yourself. You can get all the stuff from D.T. (ie hose and fibre washers)
There's also a connection for the illumination.