General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

think i've upset the scooby crew

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2006, 07:47 AM
SG9E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
Originally Posted by SG9E
Originally Posted by NIL 7717
SG9E
i think redkop is a bird mate.not 1oo per cent though.

and when the 1000 engines was mentioned its was only counted from 2001 at one tuner. just in case everyone calls you a knob
OK that would explain the responce. Yes, I know it was from one tuner, and as I have said over and over again. Given the range of models, the volume of cars, the time scale in question, and the failues due to idiots blowing them up, I dont think this is a bad figure (from that individual tuner).
really?i wouldve thought that many in 5 years from just one tuner was quite high but then again i have no other stats from other engine types so hard to compare.
5 years they have been counting them over the fifteen years the boxer engine has been around? The early legacies were 91/92 I think...

Anyway, we digress from a question of reliability or stupidity. If it was phrased we have rebuilt 1000 engines due to them being in a dangerous state of overtune....maybe that would make more sense.
Old 24-10-2006, 07:52 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

8 pages now. Is it worth reading it all?
Old 24-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Frankly I am getting bored with you now! You have contradicted yourself, and you STILL do not get the point. So I am going to give up trying to explain it. I think you 'think' that I am trying to defend the scoob, which I am not......

I have no doubt that the EVO is the better car, but is it what I would choose to go to Tescos....no!

Is it a question of cost for me? NO!....christ I could afford to buy a brand new RS4, so its got nothing to do with cost. BUT! Is Mrs Bloggs going to buy a car that costs more than double for a service, no she is not. It is a common sense decision NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR OR PERFORMANCE. IIRC my first service for the WRX300 was free and the second Ł140 at a main dealer. Is Mrs Bloggs going to accept the additional fuel costs, the additional oil costs, the extra road tax costs (due to emissions over 250) and so on. The Impreza is in a different market IMO to an EVO. The impreza is a cheap(ish) performance saloon, whereas the EVO is a weapon of mass destruction. The market for the former is a lot bigger than the market for the latter.

Chavs in their masses choose the UK car when IM flooded the market? You have not read anything I have said have you. The McDonalds tyre squealing brigade are all in WRX imports as these are the cheapest Impreza's you can buy. Unless of course you are implying that I am a chav for buying three UK spec cars, in which case I take exception. I had to wait over a year for my P1, that is a genuine enthusiast not a chav. I didnt even know how much it was going to cost when I ordered it. People forget that in 1999 when details of the P1 were released, the STI was not sold in the UK, and therefore the P1 was the ultimate Impreza.

I didnt know there was an EvoNet BTW...

I was thinking long and hard about the issue of engine rebuilds. People seem to forget that eight years ago there was not the knowledge base there is now. For example I can quote from experience of a tuner who put a CAI and full decat on a P1 and warrantied it without doing a remap. Was an eyelid batted then? No! Because most people didnt even know what a remap was. It is well known now that CAI alter the MAF flow readings, and can lead to det, then meltdown.

Why does Mike Wood say that the P1 was less prone to det than a Type R? Probably because he knows he put a fuel catalyst in the tank. At the end of the day these levels of abuse, would only come into effect at very high revs and high speed i.e. on a track or as some people proudly boast on the roads. Either way their style of driving dicatates the outcome....

Again, given the sheer volume of cars and the number of models in the range, and the ten year period in question, I do not think 1000 engines rebuilt by one tuner is bad at all. Especially considering the amount of engines that went bang which were self-inflicted.

Given that I have seen a series 1 CVH engine rebuilt three times in less than five years, I really do not see where this comparison is leading. If an engine is modified to output power far outside its engineered design, then goes bang, is the manufacturer to blame or the idiot that pushed it too far? You seem to be implying that a Subaru engine has some sort of design flaw, when it would appear it is the people driving them that have the flaw.

Look at Scoobynet today, one of the first posts is 'How do I get 400bhp out of my P1'. Answer, you cant, unless you want to spend 10k doing it. This has nothing to do with Subaru reliability it is all to do with the idiots buying the car. Later on in the thread he is asked why he wants 400bhp, to which he replies 'dunno, I just though it was a good figure LOL'.......

I have said I looked at getting an EVO, I have said the EVO is the better car, what else do you want me to say? Do you want me on my knees sucking your manhood or something? Just get the fuck off my back now
Get as bored as you like, it doesn't phase me in the least BUT you aren't reading what I am saying either! I am just correcting you on your ill-informed running costs of an Evo. Buying a Scoob is just false economy IMO, the only 'cheap' thing about it, is the actual purchase price. They aren't cheap to mod and a PPP costs Ł????k to get a Scoob to 300bhp?

Is Mrs Bloggs going to buy a car that costs more than double for a service, no she is not. It is a common sense decision NOT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CAR OR PERFORMANCE. IIRC my first service for the WRX300 was free and the second Ł140 at a main dealer. Is Mrs Bloggs going to accept the additional fuel costs, the additional oil costs, the extra road tax costs (due to emissions over 250) and so on. The Impreza is in a different market IMO to an EVO. The impreza is a cheap(ish) performance saloon, whereas the EVO is a weapon of mass destruction. The market for the former is a lot bigger than the market for the latter.
You say a Scoob service costs less than half of what an Evo one does..... I am sure 1000s of Scoob owners will be asking you where they can get a full service done for less than Ł100 incl. VAT... that really is a bargain price!

A genuine question, what additional fuel costs would Mrs Bloggs have? Do you actually know the mpg you can get from an Evo?

Do you want me on my knees sucking your manhood or something? Just get the fuck off my back now
Tsk tsk how very ScoobyNetish.... Don't let yourself down now with insults, you have been pretty coherent and reasoned so far.......
Old 24-10-2006, 08:31 AM
SG9E

Originally Posted by Redkop
You say a Scoob service costs less than half of what an Evo one does..... I am sure 1000s of Scoob owners will be asking you where they can get a full service done for less than Ł100 incl. VAT... that really is a bargain price!
I am saying that the service intervals are greater in a Scoob and the service costs are less, so taking both into account, the cost of 'servicing' is half. I never said a 'service' was Ł100..... why do you twist every word I say? I quite clearly told you how much I paid for a service.

A genuine question, what additional fuel costs would Mrs Bloggs have? Do you actually know the mpg you can get from an Evo?
FQ 300: 0-60 4.5 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: 20.5; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

FQ 320: 0-60 4.3 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: 21.6; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

FQ 340: 0-60 4.1 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: TBA; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

WRX: 0-60 5.8 seconds; top speed 143 mph; combined mpg 30.7mpg; CO2 emissions: 244g/km

STI: 0-62 5.4 seconds; top speed 157 mph; combined mpg 25.9 mpg; CO2 emissions; 257g/km
Old 24-10-2006, 08:35 AM
SG9E

Please read below thread regarding Subaru servicing (maintaining warranty) for under Ł100....

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...ead.php?t=9311
Old 24-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Redkop

I am saying that the service intervals are greater in a Scoob and the service costs are less, so taking both into account, the cost of 'servicing' is half. I never said a 'service' was Ł100..... why do you twist every word I say? I quite clearly told you how much I paid for a service.

FQ 300: 0-60 4.5 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: 20.5; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

FQ 320: 0-60 4.3 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: 21.6; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

FQ 340: 0-60 4.1 seconds; top speed 157 mph (rev limited); combined mpg: TBA; CO2 emissions: 334g/km. Duty Band F Ł165pa. IG20D

WRX: 0-60 5.8 seconds; top speed 143 mph; combined mpg 30.7mpg; CO2 emissions: 244g/km

STI: 0-62 5.4 seconds; top speed 157 mph; combined mpg 25.9 mpg; CO2 emissions; 257g/km
That's meaningless I'm afraid.... you are comparing modified against standard and they aren't day to day to day driving costs. IIRC a standard STi is 265bhp ish, no idea what a WRX is though. An Evo comes into the UK with around 276bhp.
Old 24-10-2006, 08:52 AM
SG9E

Buying a Scoob is just false economy IMO, the only 'cheap' thing about it, is the actual purchase price. They aren't cheap to mod and a PPP costs Ł????k to get a Scoob to 300bhp?
I apologise for my outbursts, but I have quite enough heckling at scoobynet, without getting it everywhere else I go as well. This isnt even thread related, just a spur of the moment comment that has been taken completely out of context.

As you can see on paper the Evo would appear to anyone doing a google search to cost more to run. If it is not, then I stand corrected. I will quite happily put my hands up and say so if I am wrong. I go on what the motoring journalists tell me....and what my research comes up with. When I saw the MPG, service interval, and emissions of the EVO I immediately looked elsewhere. I even put my name down for a new Civic Type R, but they look like they could be juicy as well...

I agree that PPP is a big expenditure. Half that for exhaust / STI panel filter and remap, and it would be well over 300 bhp. JDM engine are already over this figure as standard.......

We seem to be at different ends of the stick we are poking at each other. I am happy with the performance as standard of a Subaru, as I am sure the majority of their customers are. Whereas you want to debate the tunability of the boxer engine and its reliability, assuming people actually want to do this. I am sure that it is a minority that actually buy a brand new scoob and then modify it as soon as it had been driven off the forecourt.

The only thing I am trying to defend is the reliability of the standard car that has not been feddled with.
Old 24-10-2006, 09:01 AM
SG9E

That's meaningless I'm afraid.... you are comparing modified against standard and they aren't day to day to day driving costs. IIRC a standard STi is 265bhp ish, no idea what a WRX is though. An Evo comes into the UK with around 276bhp.
I'm sorry I dont understand what is meaningless. These are the figures from the Mitsubishi web site for models from the Lance Evolution Range. These are the cars that are available to buy. These are the specs that I would look at, and IMHO found to be a bit juicy, and environmentally unfriendly.

This has nothing to do with a SUBARU, it is my own reason for not buying an EVO. The two are completely unrelated. I just thought I would add the existing Subaru line up as a comparison. If you want me to remove it from the post, then I will.....
Old 24-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Redkop

I'm sorry I dont understand what is meaningless. These are the figures from the Mitsubishi web site for models from the Lance Evolution Range. These are the cars that are available to buy. These are the specs that I would look at, and IMHO found to be a bit juicy, and environmentally unfriendly.

This has nothing to do with a SUBARU, it is my own reason for not buying an EVO. The two are completely unrelated. I just thought I would add the existing Subaru line up as a comparison. If you want me to remove it from the post, then I will.....
No need to remove it from the post.... what I am trying to point out is that it shouldn't be believed what is written on other bbs about how expensive an Evo is to run compared to a Scoob. They are roughly in the same performance bracket as standard or an FQ300 v STi and if the 2 cars were driven identically - I bet there'd be little or no difference in mpg. The only difference being the 4.5k/6 monthly services on an Evo, but at Ł200 twice a year for servicing [by a tuner, not a dealer], the 'big' service being the 45k one and the AYC fluid only needs changing every 9k, I don't find that excessive.....nothing like the horror stories that are bandied around. Personally though, I would want any performance car I owned, serviced twice a year, I always have done with my Escos.

As you have pointed out what Mike Wood has said though and also what he said HERE I still say buying a Scoob is false economy especially if you want to mod it.
Old 24-10-2006, 11:44 AM
SG9E

I still say buying a Scoob is false economy especially if you want to mod it.
With the price of a new WRX down to nearly 16k, it is good value for money for what it is IMO. I personally would not buy a Type UK STI, especially at the price IM charge.......

It probably is false economy if you are buying it to mod it.....but I wouldnt be buying it to mod it

In all honesty I would not consider any car with emissions over 250g, just in case the greenies do win and road tax goes up to Ł1500. You wont be able to afford the tax, and you wont be able to sell the car either.......not that its likely to happen.......
Old 24-10-2006, 11:48 AM
lamb chops
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Interesting read from page 5 onwards Welcome SH9E
Old 24-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't what you buy about personal preference. My modding days are over & given the choice between a Scoob, EVO or Cossie it would be the Scooby. If I wanted more fun & records I would stick to the Cossie or if I was still in boy-racer mood give me the EVO. Ive driven all 3 of these cars & as an everyday road car the Scoob is the best. EVO is too raw & frantic & the Cossie was designed before World War 2.
Rod
ps. I also drive a Vauxhall Vectra, try explaining that on here. .
Old 24-10-2006, 12:03 PM
SG9E

Originally Posted by lamb chops
Interesting read from page 5 onwards Welcome SH9E
Why, thank you! Nice car BTW

If we get back to the subject of Fords......

Does nobody think it is a shame that the original poster has painted his white series one black? Each to their own, but I would be proud to have a white one........

Every RS enthusiast will know that it is not a genuine black one? I dont understand?
Old 24-10-2006, 12:07 PM
SG9E

Originally Posted by MADRod
Isn't what you buy about personal preference. My modding days are over & given the choice between a Scoob, EVO or Cossie it would be the Scooby. If I wanted more fun & records I would stick to the Cossie or if I was still in boy-racer mood give me the EVO. Ive driven all 3 of these cars & as an everyday road car the Scoob is the best. EVO is too raw & frantic & the Cossie was designed before World War 2.
Rod
I am soooo glad you have said that! This takes the heat off me
Old 25-10-2006, 12:17 AM
essex_jamie
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

it all depends wat u as a person wants from a car, i loved my cossie but i wont be goin back unless its my weekend car but for everyday motoring i still want sports car with some looks about that can be modded thats why i consider the evo or e46 m3 to be my next car unless ford make something decent that also looks good unlike the focus st, i would like focus rs but there just not big bhp these days and the reason i cant have a scoob is the awfull noise they make and that there is far to many women driving them around my area lucky bitchas lol
Old 25-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Redkop

Rod
Gotta disagree with you Rod on the 'raw' comment.

Up to the Evo 6, yep they are a raw car. The 7/8/9s are a totally different ball game though, moreso the 8 and 9 that has the SAYC. The AYC on a 5/6/7 is very intrusive and I wasn't that keen on it, but Mitsi with their ongoing evolution with each model have sorted this nicely to make an 8 a very driveable everyday car with good fuel consumption. I get 10-14 more mpg from the Evo than I do the Escos.
Old 25-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Rod

well put rod! and to be honest youve just explianed alot.i drove an r34 gtr for a day and i did like it,i have also diven scoobies on various occations and werent overly fussed by them(not saying they are shite just not my thing) i like a car to be raw,thats why i like tha cossies.i had a pulsar for over a year and it bored me,too easy to drive and felt like i was a passenger.some people are different,i know the cossie aint the quickest round the twisties by a long shot but it is fun and thats whats important.
Old 25-10-2006, 09:58 AM
SG9E

Up to the Evo 6, yep they are a raw car. The 7/8/9s are a totally different ball game though, moreso the 8 and 9 that has the SAYC. The AYC on a 5/6/7 is very intrusive and I wasn't that keen on it, but Mitsi with their ongoing evolution with each model have sorted this nicely to make an 8 a very driveable everyday car with good fuel consumption. I get 10-14 more mpg from the Evo than I do the Escos.
Its a damn shame you didnt volunteer this information a page or so ago....

I agree with NIL 7717 that modern scoobs dont exactly float yer' boat. Doesnt mean they are a bad car, just maybe not what some people are looking for.

I think the MY98/MY99 Impreza was by far the best incarnation of scoob.....
Old 25-10-2006, 10:07 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is worth me reading all 8 pages or is it just all bitching and piss taking?
Old 25-10-2006, 10:39 AM
essex_jamie

lol cossierich some shite and some good arguments and info
Old 25-10-2006, 10:42 AM
COSSIE CAL
Advanced PassionFord User

im gonna register and give them a piece if my mind them cunts!!
Old 25-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by COSSIE CAL
And that will acheive absolutely buggerall, apart from fueling more hatred towards the Ford scene from owners of other marques

Very interesting thread aswell, I'll not be buying an Evo or Impreza tho, even tho they are both fantastic cars and both have their merrits and advantages over the other.

For now, I will stick to my cooking oil powered fiesta untill 2008 - then I will have a Noble M12
Old 25-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

I think your 8 pages to late.....
Old 25-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Dont just give them a piece, give them the whole lot. It should fit in a couple of lines
Old 25-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Dont just give them a piece, give them the whole lot. It should fit in a couple of lines
FPMSL
Old 25-10-2006, 01:36 PM
SG9E

I see someone posted an informative, educational and inspiring response on Scoobynet, promoting the good name of Ford drivers
Old 25-10-2006, 04:08 PM
droptopRST

personally i thought the main compition was between the scoobys and cossie now the rst is having a pop lol.
I think we all love to have a faster car than the next person that why we tune them also i'd love a car to be faster then a scooby but then i'd still have a scooby but the cossie would have to be first for the heritage and then mybe a anglia then mybe a mk1 then a mark 2 oh bugger mybe i should add a jap in here somewhere oh yeah yamaha r1 suzuki gsxr1000 then i'll play.
personally i think we all go at each other then out come the bike boys and blow us all away lol how funny.
Old 25-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by droptopRST
personally i thought the main compition was between the scoobys and cossie now the rst is having a pop lol.
I think we all love to have a faster car than the next person that why we tune them also i'd love a car to be faster then a scooby but then i'd still have a scooby but the cossie would have to be first for the heritage and then mybe a anglia then mybe a mk1 then a mark 2 oh bugger mybe i should add a jap in here somewhere oh yeah yamaha r1 suzuki gsxr1000 then i'll play.
personally i think we all go at each other then out come the bike boys and blow us all away lol how funny.

Not as funny as the amount of surprise an R1 rider had when he tried to pass Rod and Rod just fucked off into the distance
Old 25-10-2006, 04:21 PM
droptopRST

lol but then theres always the arguement of was the r1 standered lol
i'm only playing but say they had spent 10 grand on that r1 would rods beat it then plus the swingarm being extended Just making a point chip take it rods esco is stupidly fast
You ever seen the turboed busa on google vids dam she fast
Old 25-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rods saph was very modified, the R1 was standard.

If both were modified to the same extent, the R1 would win.

Didnt chagne the rider thinking though that his standard R1 was quicker than ANY ford sierra he would meet, well till he met rod
Old 25-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rod

The EVO was a 6 & the Scoob was a sti ver 5, Like all things they have probably progressed. The Sti felt faster (286bhp) as well but ive no idea what Power the EVO has as standard. If im being really honest, I would not have either of them over an RS Audi. For the daily commute give me my Vectra over any performance car, its horses for courses.
Old 25-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Nick.
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see someone posted an informative, educational and inspiring response on Scoobynet, promoting the good name of Ford drivers
its ok.. he's is literally about 14 so still quite immature.. and definatly doesnt represent anything ford!
Old 25-10-2006, 06:55 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

Nice one CossieCal for making us look like chavvy cunts.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:11 PM
scoobiesfcukingrule
Virgin

You lot are f**king knobs and misty is right - you can't spell - go to f**king schools. Fords will always be shite, faster than a P1 or not.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Redkop

Originally Posted by scoobiesfcukingrule
You lot are f**king knobs and misty is right - you can't spell - go to f**king schools. Fords will always be shite, faster than a P1 or not.
No swear filter on here.....
Old 26-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

In the words of the famous John Smiths advert..................Fuck off, Yer Barred!
Old 26-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

Originally Posted by Graceland

In the words of the famous John Smiths advert..................Fuck off, Yer Barred!
Old 26-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Mr Sam
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

You know, i thought that S1 RST's only came in white?

ahahaha there such a bunch of toss pots.........i take it weve all seen the vid of the S2 pissing all over an Evo? (anyone got the link to that)
Old 26-10-2006, 11:45 PM
©hatter Box
PassionFord Post Whore!!

all brains
Old 26-10-2006, 11:51 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i rest my case

go back to the saxo dicksplash

you are not mcrae and you never will be so put the 555 jacket down and back away from the vehicle

Quick Reply: think i've upset the scooby crew