General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Driving without MOT, TAX and Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Taz
Visitor from the Darkside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving without MOT, TAX and Insurance

If you suspected someone was driving their car in your street with none of these would you report them? This person has no need to drive thier car down my street but I suspect they have no MOT, TAX or insurance.

G
Old 14-10-2006, 02:46 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Grass on them

People like this make me

Steve.
Old 14-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

yep i would
Old 14-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally id stay out of it,,,, as would you like people to report YOU for speeding and driving like a idiot when you may not be
Old 14-10-2006, 02:53 PM
G2 FSR
Advanced PassionFord User

grass them up mate.......These fookers get away with it, bump our insurance policies up cos they cause damage to other cars.......and could like some innocent person/s. Do it mate.
Old 14-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old school in me says no way, dont get involved but the age and experience in me says yes do it to keep scum bags off the road. I wouldnt know what to say or do if I found out later on that they'd kill someone.

If you hate them that much then relieve them off the air in their tyres every night
Old 14-10-2006, 03:24 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the thing is when you buy a car we all know its our duty to have tax mot and insurance for it if he havent got any he shouldnt be driving.
he shouldnt even have a car apart from that, 1, he could easily kill someone and thats bad enough when you are legal, 2, its bumping our insurance up, i ve just renewed my insurance and its gone up by Ł30,
and ask yourselfs why? i ve never claimed. i ve got full no claims and still its gone up, its because of people like that, its the damage they cause by doing it, so if it was me, sorry i would report him, because hes breaking the law, sorry if that sound nasty but it could be saving someones life

Trending Topics

Old 14-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Yes. Grass them up. They could cripple someone.
Old 14-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

they could kill and cripple someone with insurance,,,,,,, insurance dont protect lives you know

as for bumping our insurance up,,,,, thats ANOTHER load of bollox mate,,,, the amount of uninsured drivers has gone down by over 25% yet insurance has gone up,,,,, work it out ffs

now the reason i say stay out of it is all your gonna do is get yourself in bother,,,,,, you obviously dont want that otherwise you would just confront the person whos doing it and ask him to stop

come on you think that a bloke whos driving with no insurance/mot ect ( which id like to know how you know this unless you seen the documents btw) is gonna be silly enough to have the car registered in his name in this day and age,,,,,,,, that means he gets a tug in that and then dumps it and buys another one cause driving with no insurance is not a arrestable offence !!!!!

untill they make it like d/d then fuck all is gona be done about it im afraid apart from get YOU bother

oh has anyone in liverpool seen there way of stopping uninsured drivers,,,,,,,and i gotta admit its fucking class

they got a civic typeR, bmw e46 landrover freelander and another car outside there station with stickers on em saying " confiscated for no insurance" wish they done that round here as it would make people thin k !!!!!

6 points and 200 quid fine aint gonna make most people not do it tbh considering that kids are made to pay 1500 quid a year insurance

the only way to stop that is the insurance companys fucking think why the kids aint bothering with insurance and rather take the risks !!!!
Old 14-10-2006, 03:42 PM
kaplaybunny
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

ring coppers
Old 14-10-2006, 03:45 PM
TrevCannon
PassionFord Post Troll

Thats a nice 6pts & Ł335 fine there
Old 14-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

mate its 200 quid fine mate,,,,, trust me and also others i know have got less !!!!
Old 14-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Fuckin shop em
Old 14-10-2006, 04:02 PM
TrevCannon
PassionFord Post Troll

Mate its just Ł200 for not having no third party

I got a letter here from one my mates brother...

Use vehicle without third p Ł35
Drive a motor otherwise than insured Ł100
use a motor without third p Ł200

Whats that.. Ł335..?

Thats what is exactly on this penalty order
Old 14-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

erm,,,, thats a strange one as i KNOW for a fact a licence thats got no insurance on it and there JUST 6 points and 200 quid fine

plus 35 quid costs,,,,,,, think your mates being screwed as this is from a court in grenwich

also got 0 points for no licence BUT he does have the lc20 on his licence

the no insurance is in10,,,,, so aint got a clue what hes offence code for all 3 would be considering hes commiting the same offence

use a vehicle and ise a motor,,,,,,, thats bolox mate as its the same thing

infact all 3 of em are the same thing worded different

bit like doing you for doing 31moh, doing 32mph, doing 33mph doing 34mph

if hes gone court hes gonna get done for one of em as they cant convict you for the same offence and the same time and call it a different offence

i can take a picture of the licence to prove it if yopu like

along with my missus fucking UNFAIR conviction of driving without due care charge that was originally called dangerous driving in court

Old 14-10-2006, 04:37 PM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Driving with none of these things is not something I approve of, but then neither is grassing on them

JJ
Old 14-10-2006, 04:44 PM
89xr2
Brap!

no tax can be anything upto 2 grand so fuck you all!
Old 14-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by 89XR2
no tax can be anything upto 2 grand so fuck you all!

yeah but it always back tax plus 100 quid thought mate as if a court mkes a fine 2k,,,,, dont mean a person on benifts can afford to pay it
Old 14-10-2006, 07:30 PM
redrsmk5

Do them!! dont want to go on about immigrants but i live in Crewe where there is about 6000 polish people living at present. Ive seen 2 more families move into my street today, 1 has a battered old nissan bluebird and the other has an old civic both with no tax discs.....no tax disc automatically means no insurance or mot...... im going to the plod shop in 1 weeks time if it still doesnt have one.
Old 14-10-2006, 07:38 PM
John Laverick
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by redrsmk5
tax disc automatically means no insurance or mot......
No it doesn't
Old 14-10-2006, 07:56 PM
redrsmk5

my mistake then, sorry im sure that one of them missing invalidates the other two though????
Old 14-10-2006, 09:21 PM
starturbo
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I aint into grassin but I have seen on the news all too frequently stories about kids being killed by uninsured drivers.On a lesser note,if my rs got smashed by an uninsured driver i would rip his balls of and ram them down his throat until he choked to death.They usually get caught when they screw up and kill someone or cause damage.
Old 14-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Katie

I could say I'd 100% report anyone who I suspected of driving without Insurance/Mot...it won't do any harm as if this person can provide a valid mot/insurance certificate..they'll have nothing to worry about..
Old 14-10-2006, 09:34 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no mot is only i Ł50 fine no points iirc..
Old 14-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by avid-fan
no mot is only i Ł50 fine no points iirc..
60 quid like a seatbelt i belive

tbh id be alot more pissed off it anyone went and hit my car,,,, insured of not as id get the cash out of em and id not fucking claim off my insurance if i could help it in any case as id just pay more next year anyway

you lot need to think a little what you all do before you condem other people,,,, if you take drugs/speed/ know someone who sells drugs then my friend you are in no place to judge others UNTIL you and perfect yourself

im not condoning none insured drivers far from it,,,,, just grasses who aint got anything better to do woith there lifes i fucking hate,,,,, instead of hiding behind the police fucking have a word yourself,,,,, if you aint got the guts remember that same thing when the guy finds out his neighbour decided to call the old bill on him when you adn you mates are racing each other at 2am,,,,,, or you having a few lines of charlie in the pub ect

good luck in your choice but IMO,,,,, if it dont concern me,,,,, then it dont concern my time

you think the old bill HONESTLY give a shite about it,,,,, you will also be SO proud when your car gets nicked and the police who ypu helped tell you they aint gonna investigate YOUR crime as they dont think theres a chance of catching em

sorry mate but get a hobby of a bird to spend your free time on,,, if you got a bird then fuck her rather than twitch the curtains everytime a kid walks past
Old 14-10-2006, 09:51 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you honestly sprout some shite on here

what if an uninsured,no licensed chap ran over your daughter in the street,and someone said "i knew the fella had no license,insurance etc.....and didnt report him"

ffs stop playing the big man mate
Old 14-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Katie

Ginge...for once I was disgusted at that statement..

I hope to God nobody runs over anyone you know due to an unroadworthy car.. or bangs into your car with no insurance...as generally those sorts of people are the type that don't even have licenses..or have claimed so many times for written off cars that they ''cant be bothered'' to pay the premium..

Somebody who wants to protect others and themselvesis a ''grass''...jesus christ.
Old 14-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by RC4
you honestly sprout some shite on here

what if an uninsured,no licensed chap ran over your daughter in the street,and someone said "i knew the fella had no license,insurance etc.....and didnt report him"

ffs stop playing the big man mate
i can promise you that a uninsured driver would not bother me in the slightest if my little girl was killed

im more worried about the legal drivers with daddys money who drive like pricks tbh or the guys with range rovers with bull bars on em in central london than a guy with no insurance who was driving in a normal manor

them who drive like pricks weather insured or not i do have a issue with

grassing on people with no proof other than you belive is bollox,,,, bit like my neighbours who think im a fucking drug dealer,,,, bet id appriciate having my door kicked in at 3am cause i happen to loom like i sell drugs

katie i was pointing out grassing does NOTHING for the crime your sugesting,,,, go on report ME for driving with no insurance and see what they tell you ,,,, they wont care, they wont even right the details down

oh and for anyone whos thinking,,,,, im insured on 2 seperate policys aswell as insured to drive anything on my works policy,,,,,, and i also dont sell drugs so ffs dont get my door kicked in at 3am as i have a small child

just think of what you are going to gain by grassing and then wonder whats the fucking point

oh and my cossie got nicked,,,,, do you hear me grassing up people who shoplift from tescos,,,,, nope i accept that theres wankers in life and also accept the BIGGEST wankers was rhe old bill who couldnt be arsed to even investigate the crime let alone go though any cctv untill i contacted a solicitor

and even then i discovered they dont turn on the fucking cameras they purchase with out fucking tax money

why do we have to alkways do there fucking jobs,,, let the fat cunts work for a living rather than answer the phone and investgate and catch the easy criminals
Old 14-10-2006, 10:07 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the car has no MOT or tax and its being driven
the police can now have a tow truck there within an hour and the car
will be Crushed!!
Old 14-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

and how the fuck am i playing the big man,,,,, mate you dont even know anything about me apart from what i fucking type on here,,,,, ima fucking family man mate whos typing from a home im buying i can just about afford

im far from pretending to be a fucking face about time,,,, i just know whats worth telling the old bill and no insurance aint that important,,, id rather we grassed drug dealers tbh but then we wouldnt do that as if we think the august/september droughts are bad,,,,, we grass em up we aint ever getting high are we

drugs cause alot more heartache than fucking none insured idiots trying to be a hard man

sorry mate but think about it for a moment,,,,, ive lost more mates through drug related crimes that been killed by uninsured drivers not to mention other things that drugs have done to affect my life
Old 14-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Katie

Originally Posted by b19bal

why do we have to alkways do there fucking jobs,,, let the fat cunts work for a living rather than answer the phone and investgate and catch the easy criminals
That's utter bollox..that's like saying ''ohh, there's a dangerous guy out there with a machete, ah well, it's the police's job, let's not ring them..let the fat cunts work for a living''
or ''look, there's somebody burgling a house, ahwell, let's not report it, maybe the police coincidentally drive past...if not..i don't care as people shoplift from tesco's anyway''

Fucking Hell...

The police are normal people..the very idea that you'd want to condone criminal activity as it's ''not worth ringing'' is so ignorant...I certainly wouldn't do it to be a grass..I'd do it to protect my life, and my property. A fair few people who drive without insurance also commit other crimes too I'd imagine...why only break the law once if you get away with it? So they may be that violent drug dealer you speak of too...
Old 14-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

kaite you are chatting shite now

no insurance is not a fucking criminal offence,,,,,, its a driving offence,,,,, that means they get,,,,,,, wait for it

6 fucking points for all your hard work

comparing that to a fucking murder,,,, considering its 2 fucking years since a mate of mine was brutally fucking murdered in a way that you would never fucking belive let alone imagine i think im qualified to understand the difference between no insurance and a fucking murderer
Old 14-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Katie

no insurance is not a fucking criminal offence,,,,,, its a driving offence,,,,, that means they get,,,,,,, wait for it

comparing that to a fucking murder,,,, considering its 2 fucking years since a mate of mine was brutally fucking murdered in a way that you would never fucking belive let alone imagine i think im qualified to understand the difference between no insurance and a fucking murderer
Ever heard the term ''out of proportion''

So unless somebody is being maliciously attacked..let everybody carry on?

Somebody starts a thread asking ''should I do the decent thing and report an uninsured driver''..and you turn it into
''well somebody I know said that....and this happened to somebody else''..it has nothing to do with the subject in hand...

the question was: would you report an uninsured driver..your answer was no...why the hell do you have to offend people to make a point you could have said in ONE LINE...
Old 14-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

kaite i just elaborated my responce as its pointless and a waste of his time

i never said it to offend him in the slightest

infact ive had some fucking offensive replys by others who dont fucking know me

im a REALIST and that means i see things how they are and go from there,,,, i wont grass on a uninsured driver as i know of people who do alot fucking worse than that and i choose to not only turn a blind eye but actually choose to accept them as friends

i do a fair few interesting things that makes no insurance seem minor aswell as i wouldnt like some busy body telling tails on me when i feel im not harming anyone

basically i dont climb on a high horse cause others choose to do a crime i dont accept as i understand that i do crimes others dont accept

as said,,,, if you would grass on a uninsured driver,,,, would you grass on anyone else you know who breaks the law,,,,, if not why not ?????

its double standards i dont understand tbh
Old 14-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Katie

Ever heard the term ''out of proportion''

So unless somebody is being maliciously attacked..let everybody carry on?

Somebody starts a thread asking ''should I do the decent thing and report an uninsured driver''..and you turn it into
''well somebody I know said that....and this happened to somebody else''..it has nothing to do with the subject in hand...

the question was: would you report an uninsured driver..your answer was no...why the hell do you have to offend people to make a point you could have said in ONE LINE...

Id grass him
Old 14-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Anyone driving without any of these is a total fucking knobend in my eyes..... call the police.... you wont even have to give your name if you dont want to

I dont know who these people think they are driving on the road and not paying their way

I've experienced what its like for a cock with no insurance to smash into me and do a runner and leave me with injuries and a massive bill to fix my car
Old 14-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw katie if what i have said has offended you please accept my appologies as i never typed these comments directed in a offensive way based AT you

i know what you mean when you say what you belive,,,,, just think your a little nieve at the thought of 1 crimes worse than another when the one your pasionate about is actually a lesser crime in the yes of the law
Old 14-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Miss Fiesta Turbo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

drugs cause alot more heartache than fucking none insured idiots trying to be a hard man
Try telling that to the family of a hit and run victim thats now dead.... and the family left to pick up the pieces and pay for the funeral etc cause the fucking driver never had insurance.... or someone who has been left in a wheelchair for the rest of their life cause the driver that caused their accident didnt have insurance...

I cant believe you've said that to be honest
Old 14-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Miss Fiesta Turbo
Anyone driving without any of these is a total fucking knobend in my eyes..... call the police.... you wont even have to give your name if you dont want to

I dont know who these people think they are driving on the road and not paying their way

I've experienced what its like for a cock with no insurance to smash into me and do a runner and leave me with injuries and a massive bill to fix my car
dont wanna worry you sweety but ive had a unsured driver hit my car and fuck off before,,,,, adn fucking neighbour to mught i add so AGAIN its not just uninsured drivers who commit crimes !!!!!

your just listening to what the media like to post when theres no interesting news to post

bit like my dad moaning about boy racers should be locked up and chuck the keys away after watching tv last night
Old 14-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Katie

That's you...that's not me..or anybody else..not everybody has friends who do things that could be classed as criminal activity (I gather from what you've said that's what it is)...

If I don't do anything that could negatively affect the life of another person, somebody else doing it I consider within my realms of hypocrisey avoidance to report..My car was hit by an uninsured driver..I don't want anybody to experience that if I can any way help to avoid it..if me reporting it is worthless..then so be it..I'd still do it..

I also couldn't ''prove'' anybody I know speeds..but if I knew anyone who drink drives I'd be straight on the phone to report that too...so be it if I'm a ''grass''....I'd be quite happy knowing I could sleep at night because it's not on my head if somebody's child gets mown down...

and as for ''your just listening to what the media like to post when theres no interesting news to post''
aimed at miss fiesta turbo..you just ''announced'' that people on this thread who ''didn't know'' you...had assumed things...take one of those, for telling her what she has and hasn't listened to

Quick Reply: Driving without MOT, TAX and Insurance