General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T total people...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T total people...........

Is there any T Total people here? If so why did you give the drink up if you dont mind saying

GOing out on the beer so often i think its killing me Think i might try to stay off it for a month just to see how it goes. Though i think it might be hard
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I dont drink (apart from when im surrounded by bad influences ie, the pf crew)

Rhys, dont give up until after the blackpool piss up
Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

this could be interesting will be very surprised if there is any
Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ah the sunday blues,,lets see how you feel about that statement come thursday or friday

i sometimes say it myself !!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I stopped drinking about 3 years ago mate

Only had 2 relapses [and a vague recollection of 2 fat birds and 2 hasty Taxis].
Old 08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont drink rhys
Old 08-10-2006, 02:58 PM
RSRICH

never drunk my dad was piss head a a complete dick so it never intreasted me to be honest when go out just drink pop and have a good time just without the hangover
Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

LOL yeah right Gareth!

Seriously i been on the pop a LOT latley. Just think to see if a can go a month without touching it to see if i feel any better lol.

Rich thats good mate that you havent touched it
Old 08-10-2006, 03:06 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhys
LOL yeah right Gareth!

Seriously i been on the pop a LOT latley. Just think to see if a can go a month without touching it to see if i feel any better lol.

Rich thats good mate that you havent touched it
sometimes i go for weeks without drinking, i could give up drinking and it wouldnt bother me,, some people are just caught up that they think being social equals drinking!

give it a go rhys
Old 08-10-2006, 03:15 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

about 4 months ago
Old 08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Im not T total but i have not been drunk since 1987

Would not bother me if i never had a drink again.

Just have the odd beer or wine with a meal.

Steve.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
SHITBOX
PassionFord Regular

gave up when i passed my test and got a car , maybe drink once a year at xmas
Old 08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Never met a tee total person in my life And i will never stop drinking i enjoy a beer after a hard weeks graft...
Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 PM
scottbrown
Advanced PassionFord User

I dont drink, no real reason as such, just prefer the taste of soft drinks and dont like the head aches next day.

very occasionally I will have a pint if some1 buys it without asking but its gotta 6-8 weeks since.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:56 PM
COSSIE 1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only drink when i go out say everyother month but dont get totally fooked, ill drink till i get drunk then drink water say if im in a club.......very rarely get a hangover aswell which is tops , never/dont enjoy drinking at home and if i go out for a meal will drink coke/ orange juice and lemonade, very weak shandy(3/4 pint lemonade 1/4 lager)..........leaves me more money for other things in life as i rarely drink, never/dont smoke and never/dont do drugs......im chuffed i never do those things in my life as id be finacially fooked now with the prices nowadays ..............................pity ive spent Ł000k on cars though........BUT LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
Old 08-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am T total

Never have drunk alcohol , not even new years eve

Seriously ,, people never seem to believe you when you tell them you dont drink ,

The reason ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just hate the taste of alcohol

spend my money on cars
Old 08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

I hardly ever drink, only been pissed 3 times in 3 years!

Will quiet often have a pint of shandy of a lunchtime, but thats it really, don't drink to get pissed!.

No real reason why, used to drink loads when I was younger, prefer to go out and drink soft drinks and be able to drive back
Old 08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
addiction
Advanced PassionFord User

last time i had a drink i was 16 and that was 22 years ago!! i dont even like the smell of alcohol!!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

A lot of people say they 'admire' someone who doesnt drink but i think thats bollox. You enjoy life how you like to...if ya like a beer then so be it...at least it doesnt affect others when you drink like smoking...i admire non smokers... lol!

My problem is i dont know when to stop. If i go out for a drink then thats what i do...DRINK. Get plastered and end up with an hangover Youd think at 28 and having more hangovers than not id have learned by now...but no...

One thing i have done is cut down thru the week to about 1 or 2 glasses of wine during week...whereas i used to drink a crate of stella...not a lot by any means but i think its better to not through the week Leave the booze for the weekend now
Old 08-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Nash
Cake lover!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Before i joined up i gave up the pop for 6months lost over 1.5st in weight, think that could have been more to do with boardem so satarted to go out for runs etc instead of sitting in with a crate.

TBH could do with giving it up now for a bit to loose some weight, But easier said than done as anyone will tell you who's in the mob!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Default Re: T total people...........

Is there any T Total people here? If so why did you give the drink up if you dont mind saying

GOing out on the beer so often i think its killing me Think i might try to stay off it for a month just to see how it goes. Though i think it might be hard
I dont drink & have never had a pint of beer in my life & proud of it. Will sometimes at Christmas have a glass of wine with a meal, but never at home. Also never had a cigarette & proud of that as well.
Cant say the same for women & fast cars though.
Never felt peer pressure as a lad cos I was the peer .
Old 08-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Neil S
PassionFord Post Troll

Rod - a 'peer' is an EQUAL

I'm seriously considering giving up alcohol (see if I can make it to Christmas), but I'm not sure if I'll make it

Neil.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive never drank, just hat ethe smell of it, think ive only ever been in a pub once or twice as it just makes me feel sick lol

but i did smoke but quit that 7wks ago thinking its whats making me ill, but ever since i quit i got more ill

but now tottally t total and will stay like it

Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
A lot of people say they 'admire' someone who doesnt drink but i think thats bollox. You enjoy life how you like to...if ya like a beer then so be it...at least it doesnt affect others when you drink like smoking...i admire non smokers... lol!

My problem is i dont know when to stop. If i go out for a drink then thats what i do...DRINK. Get plastered and end up with an hangover Youd think at 28 and having more hangovers than not id have learned by now...but no...

One thing i have done is cut down thru the week to about 1 or 2 glasses of wine during week...whereas i used to drink a crate of stella...not a lot by any means but i think its better to not through the week Leave the booze for the weekend now
i think i have a clone

must be a brickie thing
Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
M.A.D.RST
PassionFord Post Troll

I havent had an alcoholic drink for 5 years

Back then when i did go out with my mates and drink, they would go up the pub every night of the week Pub's bore the hell out of me
And they would spend all there wages on a Friday and Saturday night getting hammered

One - i hated hangovers, two - i hated wasting money, three - what a bunch of cocks
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

lol i do take my hat of to people who are happy with not drinking. I find it hard to go out to nightclubs etc and be sober i must admit

Lee im exactley like you through the week all i really drink is Water and Tea/coffee lol Then come to weekends i usually go out and get plastered

But think im going to have a month off to give the body a rest. Bust as said its nice after a week when you get to the weekend and just chill out with few beers.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
frosty
PassionFord Regular

wot a bunch of boring bastards im always up 4 a pint or 2
Old 08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont drink, it used to be cheaper to drink coke on a night out,
but its about as expensive as beer now!! lol
(seems to be round this way anyway! )
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
GTechR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm not T total, I'll maybe have a stubby once in a blue moon, but I can just as happily have a Pepsi, same as when I go out, i'm just as happy having a pepsi as I am a beer.

After a while you just dont think about.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

dovboy

Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

lol i do take my hat of to people who are happy with not drinking. I find it hard to go out to nightclubs etc and be sober i must admit

Lee im exactley like you through the week all i really drink is Water and Tea/coffee lol Then come to weekends i usually go out and get plastered

But think im going to have a month off to give the body a rest. Bust as said its nice after a week when you get to the weekend and just chill out with few beers.
i tried a detox the other month rhys and TBH i thought why bother. Seriously mate i would rather die young and have done things ive wanted like enjoyed a drink than to live till im 100 but done fook all

And i REALLY dont understand why people, rod etc, are 'proud' of not having a beer and people that say beer is a waste of money. So are cars i bet ive had more pleasure out of beer than any car ive owned... Oooo lets go for a drive, mind you better not it looks like rain
Old 08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I rarely drink. I used to drink lots at the weekend till i got a licence ( at 17 ) and then moved into spending money on cars.

Probably get a bit drunk once or twice a year.

Sometimes bad influences mean i havea drink or two but over the last 10 years or so it would probably average to twice a year if that

RW
Old 08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Was T total from 2002 until last night.

Purely because I nearly destroyed myself with booze back then and was too afraid to drink again fearing I wouldnt be able to stop. I conquered that fear last night and now I know I can have a few drinks when i want to and not go over the top. Just needed someone there to stop me the first time if i couldnt do it myself.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have to agree with Paul, would rather spend the money on the car or fuel these days!!!

not t total thou do go out now and again but very rarely!! drive 120miles a day to get to/from work so drinking in the weeks is a big no no anyways
Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Drinking alcohol never interests me unless its to get drunk, as generally dont like the taste of it compared to countless non-alcy drinks.

So jus drink fri/sat nights when out on the smash, but drink a whole lot then, mostly spirits, beer/lager is a waste of time, weak piss.

If i was to cut down or stop drinking alcohol, itd only be substituted with more drugs, so its not like itd do me any good anyhow
Old 09-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The way I see it, people get drunk to forget or to get into a state of mind where they're either more confident or feel like they can enjoy themselves ... how many people say "I'm better at [INSERT TOPIC HERE] after a few drinks"?

I'm personally quite content being who I am all the time and don't need to escape anything

Originally Posted by frosty
wot a bunch of boring bastards im always up 4 a pint or 2
Who are the boring ones? The people that DON'T need to drink to enjoy themselves?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Makes me laugh when people say "I think it'll be hard to stop drinking/not drink for a month"

Why should it be hard? It would only be hard for a person who is addicted to drinking - say, and alcoholic.

In the same way, I am addicted to smoking, and as such it is hard for me to NOT smoke, but I am not addicted to beer, so it's no hardship to not drink.

I am not t-toal in anysense, but I drink, on an average week, maybe 3 pints a week? I generally don't drink during the week, unless I am out somewhere, but even then it's usually only a pint as most times I am driving. I work most weekends, and having a job where I drive for a living and drive customers cars, being hung over is not an option, so I drink a couple pints, then am on the softdrinks till I drive home....

The plus side to it is - I don't actually like being drunk, so by not drinking all the time and all night, I don't get drunk. I like GETTING drunk, but I don't like being drunk. Sure I get pissed sometimes - if I got the weekend off or am at a "do" or something, but I don't make a habit of it.....
Old 09-10-2006, 09:22 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

I've been drinking a hell of a lot lately due to some personal stuff. Pints at lunchtime at work (only a couple but been needing it to get through the day ) then a shed load at home at night.

Realised I was doing myself in so managed to cut it out on a lunchtime even though I have found that very hard and now not drinking much at home. Trying to steer clear of lager and just drink stuff like JD and diet coke when I do drink and also started back at the gym again.

I'm still in a pretty bad place, but am trying to keep myself distracted as much as poss. Not ok by a long way but at least I am trying. And I haven't said anything on here as I don't go on about my crap anymore lol.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Today is day 4 of my alcohol detox may not sound much but believe me it is a huge achievement for me.
Unfortunately the people around me drink pretty much every day even if its only a few, but its so easy for a few to turn into a session.
Its been bloody hard, I only managed it because I stayed at home most of the weekend
Looking forward to coming home next week for a month, as im going to take the opportunity of being out of my daily routine to quit smoking (again, but stick to it this time) and seriously cut down on my alcohol intake.

Quick Reply: T total people...........